Reaper vs. Scourge WVW

Thustlewhumber.7416

I almost never put builds up because they have the potential to be used against me, but I am going to make an exception this time:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7Ync0At0g90A20A0bilgBbaGsDGCRJtAQ5K+IuEjiA-j1yCQB6R3AAeAAoUJY5OCAFU9Hhs/gc0gcPNEVU5XFOIAK4CAsO4A4BHwBOA81Xf91Xf1Ae91XjN2Yf91XfVKgYkGB-w

So it's basically the old school well bomber, but with the June changes to Vampiric Rituals it will turn you invincible. Not going to go into gameplay, I have probably given too much away already...

...HOWEVER...

I want to know how Scourge will stack up to this. Does it have the condi dmg/condi clear/self stab abilities that this build has? Can you take the full brunt of a zerg and live? Can you get as many bags as this can get?

All good questions that will answers if I should to buy the expac or not.

> @Rangerdeity.5847 said:

> > @Bash.7291 said:

> > I am not sure why you need someone to sell you on scourge vs Reaper, its two COMPLETELY different play styles, and really depends on what you are looking to do.

>

> where is the "unhelpful" button?

>

> Scourge is admittedly weak Anet overswung when they did the pre-release nerfs

Heh, weak. Scourge are probably the most dominant spec in WvW fights. At the moment, fights essentially come down to which side can make the most / best use of nefarious favor traited with corruption. Barrier is strong as well.

> @Thustlewhumber.7416 said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7Ync0At0g90A20A0bilgBbaGsDGCRJtAQ5K+IuEjiA-j1yCQB6R3AAeAAoUJY5OCAFU9Hhs/gc0gcPNEVU5XFOIAK4CAsO4A4BHwBOA81Xf91Xf1Ae91XjN2Yf91XfVKgYkGB-w

> Does it have the condi dmg/condi clear/self stab abilities that this build has?

>Can you take the full brunt of a zerg and live?

>Can you get as many bags as this can get?

> All good questions that will answers if I should to buy the expac or not.

Scourge have good base condition management with f2, can escape from fights with Sand Swell and have good tagging skills thanks to sh4des and fx skills.

With also the ability of barrier sharing and ranged skills the Scourge will be better than Reaper for WvW zergs.

And I suggest you ot buy PoF even to try this [WvW Hybrid Roaming](http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTodTszGwcTgeTsUMYx7whYSkaIMFqVRBgvVBA-jxCEQBLSNAiqPACHCAA8AAy3+DE4IA0Vlgg7EA4UVfuoSCsqcjUA/NGA-e)

> @Rangerdeity.5847 said:

> > @Bash.7291 said:

> > I am not sure why you need someone to sell you on scourge vs Reaper, its two COMPLETELY different play styles, and really depends on what you are looking to do.

>

> where is the "unhelpful" button?

>

> Scourge is admittedly weak Anet overswung when they did the pre-release nerfs

Not sure why it is unhelpful considering it is true. The play styles are completely different. Scourge in WvW is actually very strong in organized group play, but suffers in roaming. Also in it's current state, range is priority since pushing is near suicide with winds and other aoe, giving the advantage to scourge.

I find the shades in WvW to easily avoidable to be of any use, unless they are used in a choke. On one hand, things like wells aren't easily seen, on the other hand, these giant glowing yellow shades littering the battlefield are impossible to miss. I'm finding if they are dropped, ours or the enemy group simply walks around them, or backs up out of their range, making them next to useless. Not to mentioned, torch+anything is inferior to GS for zerg style play. Now if the shades dropped at your feet and started pulsing their powers without having to micro-manage them, this would be a much different story.

The teleport is handy though but it's very situational.

What would be cool though, is they had a build/gear switch on demand with the simple press of a button. Have reaper saved as 1 build, Scourge as the other.