Mounts are great, the blocks are not.

Celestian.2689

One thing I really disliked in HoT was how the gliding abilities blocked you from continuing story. So, they re-did the same terrible thing in PoF. Now I'm stuck on the story because I need jumper mount, can't get to jumper mount till I have long jump and I don't have the mastery points for it.

Like I said, hated this in HoT... hate it in PoF.

> @Vayne.8563 said:

> There are plenty of people who already have all their mounts. It's just not that hard to get the mastery points you need. The story is just one part of the game...it's not the game.

There are plenty of people that have legendary gear, I will NEVER be one of them either. I don't care about "plenty of people".

I just wanted to run the story. Sure, there might be a ton of mastery points but in my exploration and story I have found and ... used 3-4. I need 3 more now for long leap to get to the rabbit mount.

I care about what I was hoping to do and obviously that's not really an option. Normally I just PVP and turns out you can't get mastery there either far as I know.

So lose lose for me.

> @Remnant.7416 said:

> This is a gross exaggeration. You can easily get enough mastery points for the raptor long jump waaaay before leaving the first map. What's stopping you from going and getting them?

Really? Because if it was easy I'd have it. I have just been following the story and haven't nearly enough. More than half the mastery points I did find I couldn't get to because of height/mount restrictions. The only one left I know of is the Chef one and I'm about ready to poke my eyes out trying to do the thing.

I don't run around with 5-10 other people or read every bit of info on the net, maybe I'm suppose to to do it.

> @Celestian.2689 said:

> > @Remnant.7416 said:

> > This is a gross exaggeration. You can easily get enough mastery points for the raptor long jump waaaay before leaving the first map. What's stopping you from going and getting them?

>

> Really? Because if it was easy I'd have it. I have just been following the story and haven't nearly enough. More than half the mastery points I did find I couldn't get to because of height/mount restrictions. The only one left I know of is the Chef one and I'm about ready to poke my eyes out trying to do the thing.

>

> I don't run around with 5-10 other people or read every bit of info on the net, maybe I'm suppose to to do it.

I just explored, all over the place. Picking up what hero points/mastery points I thought I could get to (hint: a lot of them that look out of reach, aren't if you're clever). I spent ~3 hours playing last night and fully unlocked my new elite spec, unlocked both the bunny and the ray, and after a little playing tonight I'm really close to the jackal.

I really didn't do anything special other than exploring, picking up waypoints and stuff (I haven't even progressed in the main story past the first town lol)

You will get Raptor3 with points to spare just following the story and doing 4 easily accessible mastery points in Crystal Oasis. As I said, with points to spare, which means you don't have to even get all four mastery points, thus your complaint is null. I don't run in groups and do story at my own pace solo. I haven't felt gated by the long jump at all, as by the time I needed it I already had it for a long time, start exploring, it's you know, part of the story?

Hmmm I wouldn't say hate cause it makes you do things in the game instead of speed through and do nothing later. I will say this though. In hot it feels like it takes more exp points to use the mastery point. In pof it's like leveling a lvl 10 character. Very easy. Specially getting the first few point with the raptor. No hidden places. Just jump and that's it. Use the hero points to get more exp points faster. It really doesn't take long as it does in hot. Wish I was lying but in hot you have to do bunch or battle in Tarirs to upgrade mastery points. Well pof your story. Do 3 hero points. Do 3 quick mastery points. And before you know it you get your springer.

If they had Canyon jumping as the Rank2 mastery it would have been more than fine. I was 3 points short when I was ready to do my next story step and I had to backtrack and find 3 that I could get (some of the ones I had come across didn't yet seem obtainable). There's 2 really easy Mastery points near Amnoon (one underwater, one in the bazaar). The third one I obtained was the Chef, but that's understandably frustrating for a lot of people. I'm not sure if there's a third suitably easy map MP at that point. There's at least 3 more easy ones in the second map after you get the second mount though so that combined with story MPs should set you up for the rest.