Multiple Crashes and Disconnects

First of all, this all started happening after the PoF update.

So recently I have been getting error codes

* 7:11 "The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again"

* 42 "The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com."

It started on Sept 22 with only 42 and it would just pop up, make me appear offline, and I couldn't send what I typed. This happened occasionally but the real problem started when I tried to do Living World Season 3 Episode 4, the last chapter where you have to kill Caudecaus. It would disconnect me from the game entirely with both error code 7:11 and 42 appearing.

Now my friend had gotten the 7:11 error code when trying to do instances. Another friend started the instance for him and he said that fixed the problem. I tried that but the underlying problem of 42 still kept me from continuing the instance and just playing the game in general.

Now onto the things I have tried to fix these issues

* Just closing the game client for 5+ minutes and then starting it up again

* Unplugging my modem for 5+ minutes and plugging it back in

* Calling my internet provider to have them reset my modem

* Restarting my computer

* Reinstalling the game

* Reinstalling my NVidia Drivers (because why not)

* Disabling my Avast antivirus

* Avast only has a firewall if you pay for it but I have the free version

* Doing the "Disabling Background Processes" fix from this https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862998-Connectivity

Now I know that with error code 42, I have to check my firewall. While it didn't happen before, I have to at least try. However, when I go to see if I can add it to the exceptions, it does not show on the list. Every other game I have does but this one. I looked for Arenanet as well and no luck. However, that didn't stop me. I went to advanced settings > Inbound rules >New rule > Program and added from program path Windows (C:) > Program Files > GW2 and added Gw2-64 and then CoherentUI_Host and then both at once after one failed after another. I would make sure the ports were open and it was allowed through the firewall in the app section. This did not work and it won't show up otherwise. I've deleted them since then.

The "Traceroute Instructions (Windows®)" from https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862998-Connectivity would not let me add –diag. It kept saying it was invalid so trying that yielded no results.

Now for information about my computer

* Processor: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.52 GHz

* Ram 16 GB

* 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

* Windows 8.1

* I use an ethernet cable

* Tbh I don't know what to write here so just lmk

I just want to be able to play with my friends again and not be left behind

• 2 months later...

I have had this problem since mounts came out, the only time i can play the game is in my guild hall. It is getting old. I have sent in a support ticket and the best I got was perhaps my windows is corrupted. I have satellite internet, the only option for some rural Canadians. They charge data by how much flesh they can extract. I dont want to have to find a new game...

> @"Quinn.5394" said:

> I have had this problem since mounts came out, the only time i can play the game is in my guild hall. It is getting old. I have sent in a support ticket and the best I got was perhaps my windows is corrupted. I have satellite internet, the only option for some rural Canadians. They charge data by how much flesh they can extract. I dont want to have to find a new game...

>

Same here tried many many things. I don't know what is wrong. It's so random. I can everything else but play this game which I love so much...