The serial code given was not recognized by our system

Anyone ever get this after buying the game? I bought Guild Wars 2 - Ultimate Collection (Path of Fire - Ultimate & Heart of Thorns - Standard) and tried using the key immediately and that is the error I get. I pasted it into notepad to make sure I wasn't getting any weird characters of spacing but it was fine. Thought maybe if I waited a bit to try it I might get lucky but tried this morning and still the same thing. Purchased it right from the site here so not sure whats up, very odd. I assume it will take a handful of days for support to get back to me? Anyone else ever get this?

Did you apply the Serial Key in the appropriate field and page in 'My Account' (link below)? Did you create a Support Ticket via the webform accessed via the 'Support' link above/below?

If so, and you received the near-immediate automated response from the CS Team, then it may be a few hours to a few days (or longer) before resolution due to high volume.

Good luck.

Dude! This exact same thing is happening to me right now! I put in a support ticket and they are saying that it's been used already??? I have no idea what's going on- it sounds like it might be authentication servers down or a security breach and something is intercepting codes before they can actually get to the proper account.

> @"Kamarihi.2634" said:

> Dude! This exact same thing is happening to me right now! I put in a support ticket and they are saying that it's been used already??? I have no idea what's going on- it sounds like it might be authentication servers down or a security breach and something is intercepting codes before they can actually get to the proper account.

In your case, did you purchase from the GW2 site, or from one of the retailers on the Authorized Retailers list? If not, it may be a fraudulent code.

> @"Kamarihi.2634" said:

> Dude! This exact same thing is happening to me right now! I put in a support ticket and they are saying that it's been used already??? I have no idea what's going on- it sounds like it might be authentication servers down or a security breach and something is intercepting codes before they can actually get to the proper account.

It might be that it was automatically applied to your account?

Try Clicking "My Account" at the bottom of the page under services.

At the front page of your Account you should see something like:

![](https://i.imgur.com/nzKVeNo.png "")

If the key was activated you'll see Active next to each expansion title.

If the key wasn't activated the expansion title will be greyed out and say (Expansion Upgrade available).

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Kamarihi.2634" said:

> > Dude! This exact same thing is happening to me right now! I put in a support ticket and they are saying that it's been used already??? I have no idea what's going on- it sounds like it might be authentication servers down or a security breach and something is intercepting codes before they can actually get to the proper account.

>

> It might be that it was automatically applied to your account?

> Try Clicking "My Account" at the bottom of the page under services.

> At the front page of your Account you should see something like:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/nzKVeNo.png "")

> If the key was activated you'll see Active next to each expansion title.

>

> If the key wasn't activated the expansion title will be greyed out and say (Expansion Upgrade available).

>

Yeah, the stuff is still grayed out.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Kamarihi.2634" said:

> > Dude! This exact same thing is happening to me right now! I put in a support ticket and they are saying that it's been used already??? I have no idea what's going on- it sounds like it might be authentication servers down or a security breach and something is intercepting codes before they can actually get to the proper account.

>

> In your case, did you purchase from the GW2 site, or from one of the retailers on the Authorized Retailers list? If not, it may be a fraudulent code.

Yes, I bought it from buy.guildwars2.com, I don't use outside retailers.

My expansions are also greyed out. Maybe they have an issue right now since Kamarihi.2634 is also having the same issue. Odd thing is that my wife bought the exact same thing for her account but in the morning (on her credit card) and it worked fine. Now I have to deal with her running around me on her raptor :'(

;)

Well I'll wait and hopefully soon they will get back to me, filled out the support form completely so I'm sure it will be resolved soon enough.