Can play GW2, but not GW1

Hello, I can login and play GW2, but when I try and login to GW1, I get a message saying game does not recognize login information.

Under "My Account" the "Overview" tab, I see both GW1 and GW2 as "Active".

Under "My Account" the "Game Content" tab, I see GW2 listed but not GW1.

I don't see a "link accounts" option anywhere which is what a FAQ told me to do.

I have reset my password twice and submitted a ticket yesterday (which shows "last activity" as two hours ago} but I have yet to receive a response.

Maybe TMI, but I'm frustrated....

THANKS!!

What are the rules for creating a character name in GW1? (limited spaces, no numbers allowed, that sort of thing). Also, is there an automatic name creator in the character creation process? Someone in another forum suggested that _"Old Gamers"_ are not likely to forget their old names . . . . I've been gaming since EQ1 and am no _"Spring Chicken"_ (don't think that's what he meant by "old" ;)) and I'm at a loss for remembering any old GW1 toon names (no old guild, no old screenshots) so at this point I'm struggling to recall. Thanks greatly to everyone who volunteers suggestions in these forums!!! <3

> @"Medori.7285" said:

> What are the rules for creating a character name in GW1? (limited spaces, no numbers allowed, that sort of thing). Also, is there an automatic name creator in the character creation process? Someone in another forum suggested that _"Old Gamers"_ are not likely to forget their old names . . . . I've been gaming since EQ1 and am no _"Spring Chicken"_ (don't think that's what he meant by "old" ;)) and I'm at a loss for remembering any old GW1 toon names (no old guild, no old screenshots) so at this point I'm struggling to recall. Thanks greatly to everyone who volunteers suggestions in these forums!!! <3

No numbers allowed, spaces aren't limited afaik, and max. number is 16-18 from what I remember? There is no automatic name creator.

What I can tell you is that the support team is very supportive (????????? pretty obvious) when it comes to GW1 accounts. Mine has been covered in dust for 5-6 years and I even lost the e-mail it was registered to. All I had was my character name and ID card which I was not sure if it was mine because my brother also had one and we already forgot which one was his or mine.

You just have to wait for their respond, it may take a while but after that they will be getting to answer you back within hours.

Good luck!

> @"Medori.7285" said:

> Thanks Ashantara :)

You're welcome. It was driving me crazy at first, right after the link, because I did not know. Fortunately, I quickly figured it out on the old account management page (I believe the design has changed drastically since then, so I don't know whether this info is as easily found these days).

Can someone who has recently (like today or yesterday) had their ticket answered please post their ticket number? I've been waiting 10 days - #6885886 - and would feel so much better if I thought ANet was closing in on my ticket. Thanks!

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> It wouldn't really matter what number was last answered. Some issues take more time than others. It would not make sense to hold up all ticket issues that could be completed quickly behind one that took more time to complete (for instance, waiting a week or two for a response from the ticket-creator).

Then I feel sorry for folks with difficult problems. I've been waiting for 10 days for a GW1 character name. I'm sorry to sound so "pouty" but I've never had such a long wait for support in any game I've ever played in almost 20 years.