After 300 MF what to do with luck??

I'd be happy if they had new food that required essence of luck to craft. Maybe even use food that's normally used right now as an ingredient and for, say, 4k luck, get +20% magic find on top of the stats on said food.

For example, Rare Veggie Pizza gets used in a new recipe:

1 Rare Veggie Pizza+ 8 Exotic Essence of Luck = Elusive Veggie Pizza:

+100 expertise

+70 condition damage

+20% magic find

+10% experience from kills

Note: food not account bound

I know the name sucks, but that's not the point. This food would definitely see use and would serve as a sink for Luck. Wouldn't likely be sufficient on its own, but it does give something meaningful to do with it. Consumables need an absurdly high volume before the market gets truly saturated. The food needs to not be account-bound because one person is unlikely to use enough of it to be a meaningful sink. However, if they can _sell_ the stuff, then it becomes an actual sink as the useage gets diffused through the game's population.

Short story: no, nothing you can do with essences of luck.

(There are a tiny number of recipes that make us of small amounts of luck, but nothing sustainable for bulk usage.)

Longer story: it's unlikely that you'll see anything in the medium or even long term to address this. There's already a problem with some people having access to 900-1100% MF for processing unidentified gear (it is part of the reason for the decline in the value of ecto, rares, and even exotics) and a massive discrepancy between those with maxed MF and newer players. Any solution that is viable from ANet's view is going to avoid bumping up account MF that much and it won't be all that useful either, to avoid adding pressure for newer players to max MF sooner rather than later.

Recommendation:

* Combine essences into exotic essences.

* Store until you run out of room.

* Delete in bulk when you do.

* Optional: Agitate for ANet to add a recipe for Legendary essences (500 luck), to postpone step 3.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> Save them. Save them all. There's a good chance they'll increase the cap. They did some time ago, and thank God I saved all mine. My magic find is at 234% and still not capped . . . so definitely save them.

By wiki editing history, the cap was 300 in October 2013, a month after MF became account bound.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> Save them. Save them all. There's a good chance they'll increase the cap. They did some time ago, and thank God I saved all mine. My magic find is at 234% and still not capped . . . so definitely save them.

Source on the fact they increased it once before? Iirc, since MF was changed from an item stat to an account bound gain, it has always had a cap of 300% from essences.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > Save them. Save them all. There's a good chance they'll increase the cap. They did some time ago, and thank God I saved all mine. My magic find is at 234% and still not capped . . . so definitely save them.

>

> Source on the fact they increased it once before? Iirc, since MF was changed from an item stat to an account bound gain, it has always had a cap of 300% from essences.

Huh. Shows what I know. I swear I capped it. That's why I then started saving them all in my vault . . . but I can't find any place where they increased the cap either. Maybe I read the numbers wrong at the time . . . dyslexia and all. Heck, maybe I thought 100% was the cap. No idea, now. Well . . . thank God I kept them, again. Regardless, I'd hang onto them. As with bloodstone dust and similar items, ANet tends to add something that will convert them into something else . . . eventually.

Edit: That really bothers me. I swear it was previously capped at 200-something. My wife and I both kept our magic afterward because we hit some cap. Strange.

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> This must be one of the most useless stats around right?

Incorrect. There's all sorts of evidence that Magic Find matters a lot, especially since PoF launched.

> If it even works by the time you get 300% chances are you do not need it anymore....

There are huge differences between MF 0 & 300, and 300 and 600.

For example, at around 850%, you no longer get any blues dropping from Pieces of Common Unidentified Gear, just greens and rares. (The data shows a linear decrease in blues, with corresponding increases in greens & rares.)

The differences are difficult to see on a day-to-day basis because we get such a huge variety of loot (not all of which is affected by MF directly). The release of the unID pieces of gear has made data collection much easier (and it aligns with what was established in the early days). Over the long term, the more MF you have, the more greens and rares, the fewer blues.

I still like a suggestion I've seen in a similar post of having 300 as a soft cap and maybe 400 as a hard cap with the amount of luck in between to be absurd amounts, like for example 1 million to 301 and then doubling each percent after that - 2 mil, 4 mil, 8 mil etc. It doesn't really break the game in terms of luck and at least people can put their luck into progressing something instead of just destroying it.

> @"aspirine.6852" said:

> This must be one of the most useless stats around right? If it even works by the time you get 300% chances are you do not need it anymore....

It works perfectly well. People just have bad expectations.

We do not know exact drop rates. But let’s say that the drop rate for a precursor is 0.00001% with 300% magic find, this is raised to 0.00003%. So from the experience in game, it is still extremely low and has almost no effect. The chance on getting a precursor drop is still extremely low! But statistically it is tripled. There is just no get rich instantly button and if it would, it would cripple the economy (or require extreme and unfair goldsinks, like 1gold to waypoint and stuff like that).

they just need to make it 40k per lvl to get 400%, 50k per lvl to get 500% etc etc etc.

It's not like magic find has any meaningful effects in the first place....

Im nearing the cap myself (285%) so its gonna suck soon when Ill jsut be destroying those luck essences.

Congratulations...that's it. That's what you do with them...nothing.

You have reached the end move on to capping something else.

We don't need another use for them. It is just like all the other trash drops, ascended trash drops, etc we get...just delete them.

1. Donate to your guild(s) Decoration vendor to give them Red Lantern decorations.

2. Donate to your Guild Treasurer for the 6 upgrades that require it.

3. Keep it in the bank until it gets a sink.

* I would like to see a mystic forge recipe that uses exotic essences, obsidian shards, mystic crystals and 250 of any intermediate crafting material to produce a "faux mystic coin" that can **not** be used to craft laurels or in any legendary or prestige recipe, but it can be used as an alternative to mystic coins for any other kind of recipe, like the recipes to make snowfall runes, to convert mists essences, to make food feasts recipes and armor bundles recipes, and basically any recipe that isn't for a prestige item and was designed with a mystic coin price around 33s.

By requiring any fine material such a recipe would also be a much needed sink for less used materials like leaf fossils, barbed thorns and eyes of kormir. For example:

* 250 Essences of Luck (exotic)

* 50 Obsidian Shards.

* 50 mystic Crystals.

* 250 of any intermediate crafting material of fine or masterwork rarity.

* = 50 Mystic Doubloons. An account bound item usable instead mystic coins for non-prestige recipes.

Whatever you do, *DO NOT DELETE THEM*. Never delete any item.

Every time you delete an item, an angel loses its wins, falls to the underworld, and spends the rest of its days killing kittens.

This is why all these collection items that can't be consumed, sold or salvaged need to be changed to be usable or salvageable to give karma or a regional currency.

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> 300 or 0, the stat is useless like most progression in gw2.

Not true, you see a difference in loot quality after 150-ish.

A great idea would be to have like stacks of 77 Legendary (500) Essences of luck be used with some other stuff to create some item that would replace Mystic coins in Mystic Clover recipes. I mean the clovers are supposed to be the embodiment of luck for the Legendary craft.

Another alternative would be to use them with like Elonian Wines, Philosopher stones and whatnot on a recipe that works like the clovers one (gives random stuff or a clover) just that it would give Mystic coins instead of clovers (at a lower rate than clovers, of course)