Suggestion: Turn off NPC Chatter.

I really do not care if all things have a right to grow or that someone's doggie went woof or that I have been seen in someone's dream.

Can we PLEASE have an option to disable all that noise pollution just like we can turn off our character's random useless chatter? Yes, I know we can turn off dialog in general, but I want to hear important story related discussions, just not the random filler chatter.

Thank you.

Here's another solution, just tune it out...I won't say it's easy or not but I find that after a short while unless I''m paying attention to the background chatter I soon just don't hear it clearly, it just starts to sound like, background noise at low volume...nothing is indistinguishable. In other words, it's just like tuning out a real person that you are tired of listening to.

@Zaklex.6308

Or ANet could punch in some new timer settings for scripted audio loops :open_mouth:

I try to keep NPC audio turned up so I can here in fights and stuff, the downside is that these chatty-cathies become very apparent in some areas of the game.

All in all, it's really only a few NPC's that are in extreme need of tweaking.

There used to be a list some years ago...