install trouble on double boot

soooo im having a trouble with isntalling the game. I'm linux user, with win8, all my primary partitons are assigned to linux and windows partitions start with sda5 and so on. I just have c: and d: and there's more than 70gb of free space on each of them. But when i try to run the installer it says there's not enough free space on primary partiton. Do i have to reinstall all my systems and assign Windoze to sda1 to get it working?

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> The game has an installer now?

> It used to be just download and play...

> The problem isn't really Microsoft... I mean seriously, you're a supposed "tech enthusiast", using Linux, and you went ahead and actually picked the worse version of windows ever made for gaming... Insightful as hell mate!

I think the application is installer, launcher and game all together.

> @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > The game has an installer now?

> > It used to be just download and play...

> > The problem isn't really Microsoft... I mean seriously, you're a supposed "tech enthusiast", using Linux, and you went ahead and actually picked the worse version of windows ever made for gaming... Insightful as hell mate!

>

> I think the application is installer, launcher and game all together.

Nto really installer, more like downloader and unpacker. It updates the .dat and runs from there basically. At least its how it used to be, i have to confess the last time i downloaded gw2 was probably in 2014 after i came back from a 6 month hiatus. It has been "installed" in my computers ever since.

man it's not like i picked especially this widnows verison. It was 5-6 years ago when i bought my pc and that's the only microsoft's os i paid for and i can legally use. However i must say, despite all microsoft's shitness 8.1 is way better than 7. At least it doesnt fuck my hard drive as much as 7 did.

> @"GreyWolf.8670" said:

> I don't think it's Windows causing your issue. It sounds like it might be the way the drives are partitioned or possibly a permissions error.

^ This.

You didn't specify the type of partition you're using for Windows, but if it's NTFS you are limited to 4 primary partitions per HDD. I suspect that Windows being on sda5 is confusing the OS. I'm guessing that you're using ext4 on the linux partitions. Although Windows can't natively read ext4, it may still see too many primary partitions although there are only two that are NTFS.

GPT partitions don't have the 4 primary partition limit but I don't know how it handles existing with ext4 Linux partitions.

well i was drunk and tired doing this, so i formatted everything to hell, without even backuping my university homework :D Yes, NTFS being on sda5 was the issue, but i guess i could solve it in many easier ways, like shrinking /home and putting one windows partition there. I haven't play GW for around 6 months, but is it me or game had some optimization patch? Works pretty fast now