Need help with Stats choice

Baltaya.7402

I'm currently running LB+Axe\Torch on my level 80 Core Ranger with garbage Soldier gear. I usually main the LB however I tend to switch off to Axe/Torch when extra condi AOE support is needed for example when there's bunched up groups of enemies like with the majority of HoT events. My questions though are should I craft Marauder or Viper gear and should I stick to using Superior Ranger or switch to Superior Traveler? I ask on the runes since I kind of want to free up the slot I normally use for Signet of the Hunt and instead have a extra slot for better utility use. I currently don't own PoF nor do I plan to own it until I've completed HoT thus why I still need a speed boost.

Use SB instead of LB and take viper.

Your "condi support" is of no use without condi dmg. Shortbow has better group use eitherway due to no pushback (that really annoys others) and its condi dmg is nice. If you use a druid you can also use some shaman gear because its cheaper than viper and you get some vitality and healing power out of it. You can utilize traps, glyphs, ancient seeds and entangle fir superb AoE crowcobtrol and condi stacking.

For runes use 4x nightmare and 2 times trapper for increased condi dmg and duration. If you really wanna have the speedboost take traveler runes due to condi dmg.

If you wanna have a melee AoE set use sword/Axe or maybe Axe/Axe (axe power coeff should go up with next balance patch if i am not mistaken). The reflect and dmg on Axe 5 is fantastic. If you go this route take marauder and stick with your ranger runes and you can keep the LB.

> @"Baltaya.7402" said:

> Thanks I'll look into going that route then since as much as I enjoy LB I've found it severely limits me when it comes to open world pve events that involve large groups. Heck I've found myself somewhat limited in dungeons too.

LB is fantastic for WvW or Sniping in PvP matches. In low level PvE it has its uses too but the higher you go and the closer the quarters get the more you cut in dmg and use.

So you dont just feel it does lose dmg when your target is closer to you.

Glad i could help, cheers.