Inconsistent Energy Spending

Set.7461

I was looking into the Hammer 5 bug in the old list of bug thread and noticed some very odd energy depletion. Some skills spend energy instantly(Staff 4, Staff 5), others spend energy at the end of the cast(Sword 2, Axe 5), while Hammer 5 spends the energy in the middle of the cast. When you cancel weapon skills by stowing weapon or weapon swapping after the energy is spent, the skill goes on full cooldown(except staff 4 for some reason).

These inconsistencies add to the frustration of playing rev. I'd like to see this fixed. I get the reasoning why staff 5 spends energy instantly as the skill is an instant cast and is available right away, but skills that give you damage/effects at the end of the cast should be spent at end. Why hammer 5 spends energy mid cast makes absolutely no sense to me.

There are 2 benefits to spending energy before the attack/effect is finished but it's only for openers or if you're at 100 energy(raising your "soft cap"). That's energy regeneration. By the time you finish casting Staff 4, you're energy is back up to 40 but then again, you wouldn't open into combat with staff 4. I can see this helping hammer 5 but I'd rather lose this "benefit" because the punishment is much harsher. Having Hammer 5 interrupted mid cast means, you're robbed 15 energy, and the skill goes on full cooldown. Considering entering combat usually only happens once per engagement and capping energy is rare, I'd like to see this streamlines. Have Hammer 5 and Staff 4 spend its energy at the end of cast.

This problem also affects Legend Skills like Dwarf's Elite but that is due to the stunbreak being linked to the effect. I always thought Inspiring Reinforcement should have been the stunbreak but that is a different topic.