What's the most common class in GW2?

Nyel.1843

> @"Deniara Devious.3948" said:

> According to https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

> GW2efficiency has large enough player database to make statistically relevant results. Note: this is all game modes: pve, spvp and WvWvW.

It does, but ... it is also a biased sample of the population. Discovering a third party tool that helps support gameplay is a wildly huge amount of dedication. So, we have a statistically significant sample of the most dedicated players in the game there.

> It is not surprising that revenant is the bottom one, as it requires HoT expansion. What is quite striking that the difference between the most popular core profession (guardian) and least popular core profession (engineer) is so huge. Nearly 3x difference. In WvWvW game mode, which is my main game mode, the difference seems even bigger.

I think part of that comes down to the simple fact that Revenant, and core Engineer, are both considered relatively "hard work for low reward" classes in the meta as defined by, again, third party resources. This has been true for approximately ever, honestly. So ... there is certainly a reasonable chance that population-wide numbers don't match these numbers.

(The HoT bit likely holds true, though, holding down Rev even if the most dedicated players avoid it despite owning HoT)

I'm genuinely surprised that Ranger isn't the number 1 on this list. Can't fart in open world without at least hitting 10 of em. I did notice that necro (Scourge) is heavily represented in WvW nowadays but then again... Scourge is insanely strong in PvP right now.

Revenant last... kinda expected that but I do have to pose the question why tho. I always thought the Revenant while not OP isn't in such a bad place anymore now?

• 2 weeks later...