Phasic Distortion Reader

I am unable to fully complete the latest iteration of current events. Before the patch I had completed all Awakened threat and had stored my Phasic Distortion Reader in my bank. Since the patch came out I have done 4 current events 2 in Southsun and 2 in other maps. However Mechanist Ninn still talks to me like I have not yet completed my Phasic Distortion Reader.

A few days later I decided to destroy my current one hoping to re purchase the same from Sarettokk (Skritt in LA) however he doesn't seem to be selling it. (Screenshot attached). Any solutions?

I've completed Portal Breaker 15 times.

https://imgur.com/YkLsunM

i.e. Lost in Transit and Awakened Aftereffects

---

**Update**

After Deleting my old Phasic Distortion Reader, I redid that 'collection' for mechanist Ninn and I was able to continue my collection.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> Are you doing it on the same character you used to make **your first Phasic Distortion Reader**?

May I ask (since this is bugging me, and I thought it was indeed a bug, not intentional): Do you have to create one on each character? Why? What's the purpose? (It is account bound after all...)

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > Are you doing it on the same character you used to make **your first Phasic Distortion Reader**?

>

> May I ask (since this is bugging me, and I thought it was indeed a bug, not intentional): Do you have to create one on each character? Why? What's the purpose? (It is account bound after all...)

I don't know if you have to create one on each character. I just know that people who were having these kinds of problems said that they were resolved once they tried it on the character they used to play through the last set of Current Events. I only ever use one character for the Current Events stuff, so I couldn't say how Current Events go for alts. :\

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > Are you doing it on the same character you used to make **your first Phasic Distortion Reader**?

> >

> > May I ask (since this is bugging me, and I thought it was indeed a bug, not intentional): Do you have to create one on each character? Why? What's the purpose? (It is account bound after all...)

>

> I don't know if you have to create one on each character. I just know that people who were having these kinds of problems said that they were resolved once they tried it on the character they used to play through the last set of Current Events. I only ever use one character for the Current Events stuff, so I couldn't say how Current Events go for alts. :\

Yes, you must finish it on that character, _but_ I don't understand why my other characters get to start all over with this quest chain. It's annoying to see the green "open quest" star in each home instance.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Are you sure? As many used a different character than usual because of the special circumstances surrounding the Phasic Distortion Reader (Asura, Engineer, Charr Iron Legion [i believe] - this allowed one to skip the one-day wait).

I want to thank you for this post. I was having the same issue as a lot of other people, in that Ninn would not give me the dialog to start the "Lost In Transit" achieve, but your post reminded me that I had indeed created the Phasic Distortion Reader on my (little-played) Asura Engineer, specifically to speed up the time-gate.

Even though I had done every portal invasion event on my main, and had completed "Lost Invasion" and "Reawakening Threat" on my main, what ended up mattering was the character that had actually *created* the Phasic Distortion Reader. My Asura Engineer hasn't done a single one of the Current Events, but she created the PDR, so she was the one that I had to use to trigger the dialog.

Note too that I tried Saretokk in LA. He (or she) would not sell me another PDR to my main.

So, although the PDR is "in theory" accountbound, and my main can "Use..." it and get readings for some zones, it's not truly an account-wide thing.

Thanks again for your post. It ended a lot of frustration for me, and saved Anet what would have been a support ticket.

PS: Like others have mentioned, Ninn has a green star in the home instance of my main. He wants her to make another PDR. Perhaps I should, so she isn't blocked out of some future event chain.