Unrelenting Assault vs Smoke Assault...

GenerationX.9178

Unrelenting Assault

Shadowstep and unleash fierce attacks on nearby foes. Gain might each time you damage a foe.

Damage Damage: 209 (0.5702)?

Might Might (8s): 30 Power, 30 Condition Damage

Evade Evade: 1½s

Miscellaneous effect Number of Hits: 5

Range Range: 450

Smoke Assault

Conceal yourself and lash out at nearby foes. Gain might each time you damage a foe.

Damage Damage: 133 (0.5)?

Might Might (8s): 30 Power, 30 Condition Damage

Evade Evade: 1½s

Miscellaneous effect Number of Hits: 5

Radius Radius: 300

Range Range: 750

The thing that I don't understand is why the range different? Honestly being able to start this at 750 ranger would change lot for a Revenant. Not to mention rangers can use it more often because the pet and soul beast done share the cool down. I do think soulbeast cool downs need to be shared with pet otherwise you can use it pretty frequently. (no energy requirement either for ranger...)

This should be on the revenant forum.

The only suggestion here for soulbeast is one that could never be implemented simply because the pet's smoke assault is controlled by the pet AI. To have it share a cooldown with the soulbeast's version of the skill would have the beastmode smoke assault randomly on cooldown because the pet AI chose to use its smoke assault. Player skills on any profession don't go on cooldown because of actions undertaken by an AI.

I play both classes and each versions have their cons and pros, which is still weird to me.

I believe both version should get the 750 range and the instant cast. As for the damage coefficient, the BeastMode version is bugged (Wiki : Does not use the Weapon Strength of the currently equipped weapon. Instead uses a default value of 690.5 (at level 80)).

> The thing that I don't understand is why the range different? Honestly being able to start this at 750 ranger would change lot for a Revenant. Not to mention rangers can use it more often because the pet and soul beast done share the cool down. I do think soulbeast cool downs need to be shared with pet otherwise you can use it pretty frequently. (no energy requirement either for ranger...)

It doesn't work like that. If you want to think this way, then you need to look at both professions for the damage coefficient, cooldown, sword skills of rev, beastmode smokescale, pet damage, etc. You see how complex it becomes ?