Natural Healing Question

StickerHappy.8052

I don't know If it's just me but I remember this trait healing you as well.

IIrc it was "1 second for the pet and 3 seconds for the ranger"

Is it still the case?

I cannot find the iteration of the skill I was mentioning while looking at the change log, It feels like what I am remembering never existed at all?

I can't even find this trait proccing in the combat log

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Natural_Healing_(ranger_trait)

Correct. It used to heal the pet every 1s and the Ranger every 3s before the elite specialization balance patch pre-Heart of Thorns in 2015. From there, it was changed to only heal the pet every 1s until the pre-Path of Fire balance patch in 2017 that changed it to what it is now where it heals the pet every 3s.

> @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> Correct. It used to heal the pet every 1s and the Ranger every 3s before the elite specialization balance patch pre-Heart of Thorns in 2015. From there, it was changed to only heal the pet every 1s until the pre-Path of Fire balance patch in 2017 that changed it to what it is now where it heals the pet every 3s.

So meaning to say, this trait is useless for core ranger builds now? I can only see this has use for druid for AF regen / SB melding into BM?

> @"StickerHappy.8052" said:

> > @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> > Correct. It used to heal the pet every 1s and the Ranger every 3s before the elite specialization balance patch pre-Heart of Thorns in 2015. From there, it was changed to only heal the pet every 1s until the pre-Path of Fire balance patch in 2017 that changed it to what it is now where it heals the pet every 3s.

>

> So meaning to say, this trait is useless for core ranger builds now? I can only see this has use for druid for AF regen / SB melding into BM?

Yes, our class mechanic was too strong when traited. The trait had to be nerfed so people could disable our entire class mechanic so that it was in line with every other traited class mechanic, like steal, and how weak and not overloaded at all it is.

/Sarcasm

> @"StickerHappy.8052" said:

> > @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> > Correct. It used to heal the pet every 1s and the Ranger every 3s before the elite specialization balance patch pre-Heart of Thorns in 2015. From there, it was changed to only heal the pet every 1s until the pre-Path of Fire balance patch in 2017 that changed it to what it is now where it heals the pet every 3s.

>

> So meaning to say, this trait is useless for core ranger builds now? I can only see this has use for druid for AF regen / SB melding into BM?

Yeah, it would be nice if they would swap it with instinctive reaction (just the quickness part but keep the conversion) or replace empathic bond with it and add some bonus effect like reduced condi duration for yoi and your pet.

It just would fit better into one if the too and it would give soulbeast a really nice tank option in WS or just better sustain as a healer in NM.