Popular Builds

> @"mysticeyesx.1346" said:

> What is your favorite pvp build to run this season?

A not so popular build is my custom made power version of the Celestial Rifle engineer build. Yes, I'm a core engineer and I've got to gold 3 after placement matches. About to reach platinum. I'm pretty much the only engineer that plays core in ranked PvP. It may sound insane, but if you've played core engineer since 2013, you'd know how to play properly.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > @"mysticeyesx.1346" said:

> > What is your favorite pvp build to run this season?

>

> A not so popular build is my custom made power version of the Celestial Rifle engineer build. Yes, I'm a core engineer and I've got to gold 3 after placement matches. About to reach platinum. I'm pretty much the only engineer that plays core in ranked PvP. It may sound insane, but if you've played core engineer since 2013, you'd know how to play properly.

"I play some off meta spec. Yup, you heard that right!! I'm a special snowflake. But I still almost get out of Gold :-)~! Call me cool now!"

> @"Best.3479" said:

> > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > > @"mysticeyesx.1346" said:

> > > What is your favorite pvp build to run this season?

> >

> > A not so popular build is my custom made power version of the Celestial Rifle engineer build. Yes, I'm a core engineer and I've got to gold 3 after placement matches. About to reach platinum. I'm pretty much the only engineer that plays core in ranked PvP. It may sound insane, but if you've played core engineer since 2013, you'd know how to play properly.

>

> "I play some off meta spec. Yup, you heard that right!! I'm a special snowflake. But I still almost get out of Gold :-)~! Call me cool now!"

Hey, at least he's trying something on his own instead of just copying off of metabattle. Gotta give him props for that, even if he comes off as being an attention seeker lol. :P

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> > @"Best.3479" said:

> > > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > > > @"mysticeyesx.1346" said:

> > > > What is your favorite pvp build to run this season?

> > >

> > > A not so popular build is my custom made power version of the Celestial Rifle engineer build. Yes, I'm a core engineer and I've got to gold 3 after placement matches. About to reach platinum. I'm pretty much the only engineer that plays core in ranked PvP. It may sound insane, but if you've played core engineer since 2013, you'd know how to play properly.

> >

> > "I play some off meta spec. Yup, you heard that right!! I'm a special snowflake. But I still almost get out of Gold :-)~! Call me cool now!"

>

> Hey, at least he's trying something on his own instead of just copying off of metabattle. Gotta give him props for that, even if he comes off as being an attention seeker lol. :P

I see no value in purposely playing worse because you feel bad playing a superior build that was designed to do well in pvp.

> @"Kako.1930" said:

> > @"Best.3479" said:

> > > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > > > @"mysticeyesx.1346" said:

> > > > What is your favorite pvp build to run this season?

> > >

> > > A not so popular build is my custom made power version of the Celestial Rifle engineer build. Yes, I'm a core engineer and I've got to gold 3 after placement matches. About to reach platinum. I'm pretty much the only engineer that plays core in ranked PvP. It may sound insane, but if you've played core engineer since 2013, you'd know how to play properly.

> >

> > "I play some off meta spec. Yup, you heard that right!! I'm a special snowflake. But I still almost get out of Gold :-)~! Call me cool now!"

>

> Hey, at least he's trying something on his own instead of just copying off of metabattle. Gotta give him props for that, even if he comes off as being an attention seeker lol. :P

I was only answering the OPs' question. Also, the build I use for core engineer was posted on Metabattle by me, it's called the Jack of all trades.

> @"Best.3479" said:

> > @"Kako.1930" said:

> > > @"Best.3479" said:

> > > > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > > > > @"mysticeyesx.1346" said:

> > > > > What is your favorite pvp build to run this season?

> > > >

> > > > A not so popular build is my custom made power version of the Celestial Rifle engineer build. Yes, I'm a core engineer and I've got to gold 3 after placement matches. About to reach platinum. I'm pretty much the only engineer that plays core in ranked PvP. It may sound insane, but if you've played core engineer since 2013, you'd know how to play properly.

> > >

> > > "I play some off meta spec. Yup, you heard that right!! I'm a special snowflake. But I still almost get out of Gold :-)~! Call me cool now!"

> >

> > Hey, at least he's trying something on his own instead of just copying off of metabattle. Gotta give him props for that, even if he comes off as being an attention seeker lol. :P

>

> I see no value in purposely playing worse because you feel bad playing a superior build that was designed to do well in pvp.

Yeah, maybe, but I enjoy seeing a variety of builds and if you can do well on a non-meta build then it's whatever. It's more important to know how to rotate, understand your own strengths and weaknesses, and help your teammates than run the meta builds in my opinion anyways.

For example, I'd take a good p/p thief that knows what he's doing over a meta thief that endlessly runs far and dies 1v1 without even getting a decap any day. ;D