Wow the Forged are Unfun Mobs

Aisling.5901

> @"Ramoth.5162" said:

> I just bring my husband. I am a glass cannon core ranger. His necro tanks and I kill the sharpshooters first, then work on the rest of the mob. He does not like the one that rolls around, though.

I think this is the intention - you're meant to play these regions in groups. Unfortunately that means for solo players sometimes it can be overwhelming. I often find there's an event on that one person simply cannot hope to do alone, and nobody around who'll help.

Excelsior.

Weird, man. I am totally fine with the forged. The rifle users, well, it's more of a "Hah! I can do that too" sort of thing to me. But man, those terrible mummies and zombies that create pools of ooze are getting me hard (and make me rage when the debuffs simply won't not stop)

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> Honestly, I’m getting flashbacks to Orr before they fixed that nonsense - only worse. The most cancerous thing about all PoF mobs is that they all seem to have a hidden passive damage bonus against mounts where they dismount you in one or two hits - from miles away.

>

> It is really putting me off the PoF content all together.

Actually they are configured to target mounts differently that they target you. Either that or the hitbox of mounts is about double to triple that of compared to what is visible.

Want to test it? make a straight line on a mount through mobs. Watch how they hit you and where they hit you.

Then do the same thing again, only this time run through you. All shots, under attack bites (land sharks) etc. go behind you when you are running on foot. (Note, that is running on foot with the %25 constant speed boost from either traits or rune of the traveler.)

The one thing that confuses the heck out of me.... why did they gave the mounts different hit points. Why not just make it the same? Seems like someone wanted to try to "balance" stuff that really didn't need to be done and ended up making a more convoluted system.

The only issue I have with them is that the aggro distance can seem like a bit much. Although that was only really a problem with I first started fighting them and during some of the missions where you have NPC allies that aggro everything on the goddamn map. Now that I know about where it is, it's not so much of an issue. Fighting them is fine (thief-daredevil), the ranged ones bullets have travel time so you can just keep moving and they miss you. They are also squishy so you can take them out quick. The rolling ones are easy enough to dodge (though I do have an extra dodge so that helps).