Disagree with WvW Reward System

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone who plays WvW regularly plays it for the rewards.

The rewards give you what you need to play the game mode, access to weapons, armor, food, utilities, upgrades (tractivators) and siege. The major complaint before the introduction of reward tracks was people had to farm PvE to support playing WvW, although reward tracks arn't going to make you rich they can sustain you in the game mode which is plenty for me.

Ah, the good ol' days when people were playing WvW knowing that their weekly paycheck will consist of only 50-60 Badges of Horror and some blues and greens.

There is some truth to the claims that rewards in WvW are far less than in other game modes but every time they were raised WvW was flooded with people that were there just for rewards and achievements. Besides, most people that actively play WvW do it just to punch each other's faces. Once you focus on that it's the best reward there is.

> @"thegman.7962" said:

> I don't think anyone who plays WvW regularly plays it for the rewards.

> The rewards give you what you need to play the game mode, access to weapons, armor, food, utilities, upgrades (tractivators) and siege. The major complaint before the introduction of reward tracks was people had to farm PvE to support playing WvW, although reward tracks arn't going to make you rich they can sustain you in the game mode which is plenty for me.

No one plays anything for reward in gw2. Reward is a bonus, and that bonus is not present in wvw.

I get quite a few ascended drops. I'm also working on my Light Legendary Armor Set after having completed my Heavy and the Legendary Backpack. I personally don't have a problem with wvw rewards. *****IF***** I had to come up with one complaint, it would be that we get additional skirmish tickets after completing Diamond. Maybe just somewhere between 2-4 tickets per.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > Didnt you make this thread before? I am happy with the rewards. I have played long enough to remember when rewards were actually really bad and non existent.

>

> Yes.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/22995/almost-2018-and-the-reward-system-is-as-much-of-a-joke-as-it-was-in-2012/p1

>

> The OP’s complaint in their previous thread was addressed fairly well.

Good catch, Ayrilana.

And I agree -- the topic was fully exhausted back last year. Read the feedback, OP!

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> The rewards are fine for me. I regularly get free ascended crafting materials just by playing in WvW.

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> We literally get 100% more loot than we did before, post is troll

> @"Optimator.3589" said:

> Reward tracks don't need to be shorter. Only takes about 5 hours to complete one. Assuming you select triumphant or crystal desert, that's a full set of selectable stat exotics every ~30 hours. Makes it pretty easy to gear and test new builds without ever having to PvE or craft.

> @"coglin.1496" said:

> I am not certain you even know what you want. You complain endlessly about the loot itself, yet you keep DEMANDING a "new system".... What are your actual complaint? The loot or the system by which you aquire the loot?

And much more.

Closing.