Why revenant can't use Greatsword

oOAvengerOo.6714

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> I would agree that we need more weapons but I do not think we will see new core weapons. They've stated that Elite Specs is how they want to add new weapons to a profession and I don't see them breaking from that just for one profession.

>

Rev literally got a new core in the trident...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"NaiveBayes.2587" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > I would agree that we need more weapons but I do not think we will see new core weapons. They've stated that Elite Specs is how they want to add new weapons to a profession and I don't see them breaking from that just for one profession.

> >

>

> Rev literally got a new core in the trident...

>

Not the same thing. Revenant had weapon swap but no swappable weapon under water. They had to give them an additional weapon if they were going to get Revenant players into the water. This isn't the case for standard situations. They said they are going to do Elites as the method for adding weapons because once you start handing out one weapon to someone's core you have to deal with everyone else wanting another weapon. It doesn't really matter if one can argue that Warrior has more than enough weapons but Revenant does not. Those folks will want new core weapons too or they will claim that ANet is playing favorites. Being as how the other playerbases are vastly larger than Revenant's they will have more unsatisfied players than satisfied players. Their Elite spec approach allows them to fairly give professions new weapons in a way that keeps the majority of their customers happy.

Trident is not the precedent people think it is. All it is is bringing Revenant in line with other weapon swap professions in underwater combat. Standard professions, outside of being underwater, all have varying numbers of weapons and it cannot be argued that giving Revenant more brings them in line with the other professions since there is not the same single standard on land that there is underwater.

Could they do it? Sure. Will they? Not likely. It would be a big headache for them. They recognized this early on and their solution, Elite specs.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> No one was triggered. He isn't saying that people should not use their brain. So your guess is wrong. He is highlighting that you made a very bad assumption about players who do not play the game like you do that was, for the most part, rude, dismissive, and insulting to people for no reason other than they play the game differently from you. There is nothing wrong with playing with optimal builds, if you find that to be fun then it's fun. There is nothing wrong with using builds from metabattle and SC, if they work for you and you enjoy the game then that's fine.

>

If look at previous post you will see that I said that people can found meta build fun. I insult no one just underlining that people usually go for meta build because they want to be accepted for group content.

If I offended someone I apologize for this. Wasn't my intention. And when I look at the comment at the beginning of the conversation no one looked offended.

But I agree that some words were wrongly used.

Hope this close this chapter and everyone understand that there was no intention to be offensive to anyone.

I'm a friendly player :)