InstanceCreate failed Error=1042

izze.3284

This is turning out like the first world event, of the Kraken, I think they were called. I remember it well: massive lag spikes, and players were DCing every time they were knocked down or even killed. This feels exactly like that, we fork out money for something that's broken. I don't know if HoT was even broken at first, or even ages later, but this is really getting stupid.

I agree, an update as to what is going on, would be very grand. I feel your pain, Fanastic. I used to run a guilds back in GW1 days, but people would betray me, so I gave up and remained solo, never looked back. But yeah, we NEED to know what the hell is happening, why is this effecting us EU players, and even some (if not any) NA players? Makes no sense.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Radnar.9814 said:

> Nice of arenanet to let us know they're working on this or that they are even aware of it... hehe oh wait.

They did say they are working on it...they said that earlier in the thread and asked for some info, like which server and what region you where playing on. This seems to be an EU issue since NA has been working OK (people can get in and play), but with a ton of ctds.

I can't get into 'Sparking the Flame (Prologue)' instance. I either get the error message 'InstanceCreate failed. Error=1036; Product=9; Module=18; Line=624; or disconnect (Code= 7:0:0:1026:101)' or nothing happens when I click on 'enter the instance' button or I get the infinite loading screen.

Lion's Arch

Server EU: Whiteside Ridge

Did any of you try the ipconfig/flushdns trick?

Pair that with zoning out of LA and back in to get a less crowded instance.

Then hit "stop story" and click "continue chapter" (not continue story) and try again.

I think what's happening is that there's so many folks trying to get into the instance, that we're getting timed out with a sort of self-imposed DDOS.

A less crowded LA worked for me. Hope it does for you too.

> @SugarCayne.3098 said:

> Did any of you try the ipconfig/flushdns trick?

> Pair that with zoning out of LA and back in to get a less crowded instance.

> Then hit "stop story" and click "continue chapter" (not continue story) and try again.

>

> I think what's happening is that there's so many folks trying to get into the instance, that we're getting timed out with a sort of self-imposed DDOS.

>

> A less crowded LA worked for me. Hope it does for you too.

That would sound like a great solution if it was only related to the path of fire content giving this error. Yet I've had this problem with the Path of Fire content, normal story content & Heart of Torns content. So unless everyone's spamming the same instance on every piece of content, I doubt that's it.

> @SugarCayne.3098 said:

> Did any of you try the ipconfig/flushdns trick?

> Pair that with zoning out of LA and back in to get a less crowded instance.

> Then hit "stop story" and click "continue chapter" (not continue story) and try again.

>

> I think what's happening is that there's so many folks trying to get into the instance, that we're getting timed out with a sort of self-imposed DDOS.

>

> A less crowded LA worked for me. Hope it does for you too.

Yeah, tried that (and several other things) several times now, no luck.

Well, at least there just was a sign of life on the twitter, but not much more than a "We're working on it", the lack of additional info doesn't exactly make me hopeful this is going to get fixed today :(

> @triton.8437 said:

> > @SugarCayne.3098 said:

> > Did any of you try the ipconfig/flushdns trick?

> > Pair that with zoning out of LA and back in to get a less crowded instance.

> > Then hit "stop story" and click "continue chapter" (not continue story) and try again.

> >

> > I think what's happening is that there's so many folks trying to get into the instance, that we're getting timed out with a sort of self-imposed DDOS.

> >

> > A less crowded LA worked for me. Hope it does for you too.

>

> That would sound like a great solution if it was only related to the path of fire content giving this error. Yet I've had this problem with the Path of Fire content, normal story content & Heart of Torns content. So unless everyone's spamming the same instance on every piece of content, I doubt that's it.

Oh that sucks, so it's a general zoning issue. :(

Bah sorry. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Can't go through a loading screen without getting disconnected due to server issues. I've been trying to get into Elon Riverlands all day, finally got in but after a minute massive lag hits, server disconnects and the game puts me back into Crystal Desert.

It's essentially unplayable, and has been for most of yesterday and today.