InstanceCreate failed Error=1042

izze.3284

> @dealenki.9762 said:

> > @RockinTalvin.9824 said:

> > ArenaNet commented on Reddit 15 Mins ago:

> > > Hello all - we are aware of this issue and we think we have figured out where it is going wrong. We are working on a fix. This is primarily hitting people in Europe at peak time (which is now and for the next few hours). The basic problem is a routing problem between the game servers and the database and it is worse in the EU because more people play at the same time in the EU region because the majority of people are in one or two time zones, where as in North America the players are spread over five-ish time zones.

> >

> >

>

> Soooo Arena.net unaware of basic geography of Europe ? Blame on timezones ? , They aren't new thing but oh well who am i to question the stress tested, carefully prepared Arena.net.

Thanks for the fix, that worked for me! I just choose an empty server and I could join! Awesome thanks!

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Regina Buenaobra.6193" said:

> Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are still working on this issue. Our engineers believe they have identified the problem and they're working on correcting it. We're working hard to get you into the game as soon as we can.

Thanks for all your hard work ^^, launching a new expansion is always stressful ... hopefully you get to play yourself some when.

I suspect ANet will bury their heads in the sand and ignore us until server populations drop. A lot of people are returning to the game and their servers are strained. They have yet to say or do anything about this other than ask what errors are popping up on which servers.

It's been frustrating as hell watching other players run past me, enter a story instance and promptly disappear, while I have been trying for eight hours just to start story instance two. I went out for a bit and now that I'm back, I can't even load into Lion's Arch.

I'm pretty patient, but my patience is running out. I pre-ordered the deluxe version of the game, and I expect to be able to play. Some issues on launch day are to be expected, but this is ridiculous. The game is broken. People have said on this forum thread that those of us who are struggling should just "do something else" in-game, but that point of view is really pathetic. Do what? I can't get into my home instance, I can't get into my guild hall and as of now I can't even get into game with my main character.

If my suspicions are correct and ANet are planning to ignore the MANY people who now have a broken game and just hope that sever populations will sink to a more manageable size in the next week, the money I spent on PoF will be the last money I ever sink into Guild Wars 2... and I have been a gem-buying loyal customer for years.

ANet, this is not good enough.

> @Delta.2690 said:

>

> As much as I like that they're communicating, this sounds immediately untrue. This has been a problem since at the very least 10 AM CET this morning which is heardly "peak time"

It still is as it is a weekend, if it was during the week or any other time except around an expac release, then fair enough.

> @Traveller.7496 said:

> > @Nidome.1365 said:

> > Been trying to start the first instance for over 3 hours now - either the client crashes after 5 minutes of instance loading screen or a cannot start instance error.

> > I am normally a very patient person but after 3 hours even I'm starting to get a bit miffed by this.

>

> Same thing here. Loading either a story instance or a new map causes long load screen and then crash.

>

> Good thing that Divinity: OS 2 has also come out recently...

Amen to that! I wasn't planning on starting anything new this close to PoF launch, but Divinity: OS2 is AMAZING. The combat, the freedom, the writing, the integration of so many in-game systems all working together. But you know what the best thing about Divinity: OS2 is? It works.