InstanceCreate failed Error=1042

izze.3284

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I am in Domain of Vabbi. I go to the green star or whatever it's called to continue my PoF story, Enemy of My Enemy. Then window pops up asking "Would you like to continue your story: Enemy of My Enemy". I click "Yes (enter instance) then an error appears in the chat window. "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18;Line=687. My guild mates are experiencing the same thing.

Well, I did have "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18;Line=687", now it's "InstanceCreate failed. Error=1036; Product=9; Module=18;Line=624". I managed to get to the next bit of my story by constantly spam clicking it and logging in and out n' some crazy shit!! I hope I don't have much of the story to go at this rate! Am on "Enemy of my Enemy". :s

Welcome to the club. Looks like instanced content are throwing about 3 different errors that I've seen repoted thus far (1036, 1042, and 42). A-net's responded on the 1036 thread that they're aware and looking into it.

I've heard the 1042 error coming up for anything from PoF story, to Dungeons, even a Guild Hall. So. hopefully we'll get a fix soon.

I'm getting the same error when trying to continue the "Gather information about the situation in the Crystal Desert". Both instances for Zalambur and Chief Councilor Imann are unreachable for my character Qwytz , and I receive the error "InstanceCreate Failed. Error=1042; Product=9; Module=18; Line=687"

I've tried recharging the map, leaving the map and coming back, leaving the character and coming back, exiting the game and coming back (after a new patch), no success. I'm on a win10 64 computer. Never had an error in GW2 before.

Someone knows what can I do?