Chests contain no Swim Infusions

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> I get at least two from every chest, without fail. So, I dunno what's going on with yours other than unlucky RNG junk.

I don't even think it can be RNG junk, given that every single chest I opened had at least a couple.

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" , just to check: you don't have them stacking into a hidden bag or something, because you already had one there and they autostack, do you?

I have had 2 times where when I opened a chest it did not loot it at the same time and needed to be searched to get the loot. One of those times I had left the map before I noticed I had no infusions and went back to search and get the loot. This may be what happened to you, or you may have pulled up empty on the rng tables as Ardenwolfe linked.

Yes, it seems that the loot distance is smaller than the distance you can open the chest from, so sometimes you open the chest, get nothing, and need to get closer to collect your loot. Might also not be about distance per se, but about how opening chests takes no time, has no channel, and doesn't interrupt your movement, so it may be possible to open the chest and during that move beyond the loot distance.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Yes, it seems that the loot distance is smaller than the distance you can open the chest from, so sometimes you open the chest, get nothing, and need to get closer to collect your loot. Might also not be about distance per se, but about how opening chests takes no time, has no channel, and doesn't interrupt your movement, so it may be possible to open the chest and during that move beyond the loot distance.

^^ This

I've notice a couple of times that my F to open prompt immediately turned into an F to search.

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > Yes, it seems that the loot distance is smaller than the distance you can open the chest from, so sometimes you open the chest, get nothing, and need to get closer to collect your loot. Might also not be about distance per se, but about how opening chests takes no time, has no channel, and doesn't interrupt your movement, so it may be possible to open the chest and during that move beyond the loot distance.

>

> ^^ This

> I've notice a couple of times that my F to open prompt immediately turned into an F to search.

I get that all the time, I have no idea why it does not autoloot.

> @"Yargesh.4965" said:

> I have had 2 times where when I opened a chest it did not loot it at the same time and needed to be searched to get the loot. One of those times I had left the map before I noticed I had no infusions and went back to search and get the loot. This may be what happened to you, or you may have pulled up empty on the rng tables as Ardenwolfe linked.

Ah yeah. This did happen to me when I opened a chest two nights ago. I opened it and started to swim away when I realized I didn't get any loot. Went back to the chest, saw the "Search" option appear, pressed F, and then got my loot from the chest.

> @"Elyssandariel.2679" said:

> I was here to post the search thing, too. I have seen too many people saying "I didn't get anything!" and then when told to search the chest, had everything they were supposed to be getting. I don't know why it doesn't just loot the chest. It would be simpler if it did.

It does for me. The most credible suggestion, previously in this same thread, is that the "open" distance is greater than the "autoloot" distance. I open it while more or less sitting in the chest, though, out of habit, so I wouldn't have noticed that issue.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Elyssandariel.2679" said:

> > I was here to post the search thing, too. I have seen too many people saying "I didn't get anything!" and then when told to search the chest, had everything they were supposed to be getting. I don't know why it doesn't just loot the chest. It would be simpler if it did.

>

> It does for me. The most credible suggestion, previously in this same thread, is that the "open" distance is greater than the "autoloot" distance. I open it while more or less sitting in the chest, though, out of habit, so I wouldn't have noticed that issue.

Yeah I open it right on top of it too, and it still doesn't do it. So....I'm not so sure that that theory is correct. But, it is a plausible one, anyway.