Early buuut... speculating on necromancer's last specialization.

Elias.4028

Hi everyone,

I know PoF was just released and everyone is enjoying the new Scourge specialization, but I'd thought it would be fun to speculate on necromancer's last specialization. Going over the weapon choices available to necromancers, there is one option that is currently not present in the weapon toolkit: a 1200 Ranged Power weapon. Staff is more of a ranged condition weapon, and not for power dps, so adding a longbow to necromancer's last specialization would seem to fill that role. A kind of dark ranger. And before you say dark ranger should be for the ranger class, dragonhunter was a ranger spec for guardians so it could happen.

So just to sum up the detail of what could potentially be a cool final specialization for necromancers:

Dark Ranger

- Ranged DPS specialization focusing on damage and inflicting self-damage to use crown control abilities with various life force skills

- Uses Longbow: 1200 range DPS weapon

I'll bet on a pet spec with a shroud skill system similar to scourge but focus on endurance hate.

F1 will summon an annoying little will-o-whisp that will hit (slowly, it's obvious) at 900 range. (use life force as if it was it's life, using F1 again withdraw the summon)

F2-F5 will need F1 summoned to be used (obviously otherwise it wouldn't be fun)

F2 make your summon retreat from your target leaving a trail that hurt foes that cross it.

F3 will be an aoe fear from your summon. It will last longer the closer the foes are from your summon (the dream of a fear that last longer than 1 second base come true!!!)

F4 will be a channeled area that destroy incoming missile while weakening and poisoning foes in this area.

F5 will let you use the life of your summon as a health shield.

Weapon will be axe off hand, skill set will be Mantra but they will only affect you and your F1 summon.

Focus off the spec will be put on enhancing weakness and the bound between you and your minion. (obviously the F1 thingy will benefit from minion traits)

Pretty sure that's bad enough.

> @hourglass.2486 said:

> I would like to see a full on skeleton army when it comes to necromancer elite spec as well as have something with blood magic. And give the elite spec a Range Hammer and call it Bone crusher spec or something.

I would also would like a reskin Scythe for hammer kind of like Dervish look but have the weapon Range and close up.

I really hope it won't be a Bow or Rifle. I just find them very unpleasing for Necromancers lore-wise. I would like to see either Hammer as a 1200 ranged weapon or Pistol MH as a 900 ranged weapon. I really don't want a Bow. A Scythe "Hammer" like hourglass.2486 said would be amazing.

And I think we're getting either Mantras or Glyphs next. Conjure would be very nice as well where we conjure "minions" that are not permanent but very short-living and overall stronger in damage output. Or maybe we're conjuring dark energies to create bone weapons or whatever.