No SB Loot for 2 days

Well, the character just logs in to do SB. I’ve been doing that forever. The only thing that has changed in the past few days is:

1. Logging in 20-25 min before, rather than maybe 5-10 min before.

2. Last few days I missed the portal pre before SB popped, alt tabbing back late.

Not sure what DM would have to do with it. I’m not fighting anything while I’m sitting there or looting or receiving rewards that would need to be diminished.

And we aren’t talking about like “oh, blood stopped dropping on regular mobs”, we’re talking about the (supposed) guaranteed chest reward you get each day from a world boss.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Well, the character just logs in to do SB. I’ve been doing that forever. The only thing that has changed in the past few days is:

>

> 1. Logging in 20-25 min before, rather than maybe 5-10 min before.

> 2. Last few days I missed the portal pre before SB popped, alt tabbing back late.

>

> Not sure what DM would have to do with it. I’m not fighting anything while I’m sitting there or looting or receiving rewards that would need to be diminished.

>

> And we aren’t talking about like “oh, blood stopped dropping on regular mobs”, we’re talking about the (supposed) guaranteed chest reward you get each day from a world boss.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns

There’s DR if you park a character at a champ and then only log onto it to kill the champ. There code in the game that triggers if a character does the same thing over and over even if it’s just one thing (such as killing a champ) and then logging for the day.

If you do an event or two then the DR should reset.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Not sure what DM would have to do with it. I’m not fighting anything while I’m sitting there or looting or receiving rewards that would need to be diminished.

There's diminished returns in all sorts of areas. It's used to discourage botting, AFK-farming, and to encourage people to move around.

There's something of a random element to it, so you could go 30-40 days without noticing or only a few days. For a while, me & a friend had a toon each parked at Rhendak for the dice roll on the Treasure Hunter drops. We'd spawn roughly at the same time. Sometimes, one of us would hit DR first, sometimes the other.

Regardless of what any of us _think_ about what's going on, it's easy to eliminate it as a theory:

* Take your toon outside the zone for 20 minutes or so, OR

* Start doing the pre-events, spend less time waiting.

If that works, great; you know what the issue was and how to resolve it in the future. If not, then you have more information to include in a support ticket.

Didn't really realize that about DR. Thought it was just the thing from way back when I was first leveling my main up and trying to get crafting materials and eventually you'd stop getting those drops. :)

I think tomorrow I'll try 'not' missing that portal event before he shows up and see if that helps. It's the only thing that has been different the past few days (other than being there early), and someone above said that maybe just doing some other event before the champ event is usually enough. And she's really been parked there forever. The last time she left the area was 'maybe' like 2 weeks ago to port to Mistsomething w/ that perma-scroll I have. Before that she did a small tour of PoF to get some things you can only get with each class, and I think all my toons cleared at least Oasis.

Thanks everyone.

The best way to make sure you're reset DR is to go to another map and do 3+ different events around that map. WvW events can even reset this. I"ve found the 3+ events to work best for me. I have numerous characters parked at JP's or farms, I take the JP's to WvW and kill a few sentries or yaks and it usually resets it (granted I have no "proof" it's just my observations) For characters at farms I just take them to a starter zone, do 3+ events and then log out, the next day I move it back to the farm and I'm good for a while.