Meta Griefing

I see the same guy repeatedly kill east with his group way before anyone else is ready while admitting it's his fault in map chat(also tells people before the event begins that he plans on doing it so it's not like there isn't proof in the chat), and then he proceeds to drop aviators or plates of food inside chests. Between him and the same three engi bots I've seen east for what feels like a year I feel like there really is no criteria for getting punished outside of being extremely offensive in chat.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Elden Arnaas.4870" said:

> I think it would be helpful to rename this thread Meta Chest Griefing, in order to more properly convey what the thread is actually about. As it is, the title seems to suggest it is about griefing the metas themselves.

Actually, this happens too. I've seen players aggro the wrong mob (or all of them) or foul up some mechanic so that the meta fails. It's a bit rarer than the spawning things on top of a chest issue.

I kind of feel bad for the griefers, though... if the only way they can interact with others is to cause discontent, they must have a very sorry life.

If they ever fix it sure it would be nice, but Ive yet to see a chest that was so obstructed that it couldnt be clicked on manually and then looted. Click, loot and move on without getting angry is the best solution, especially since its questionable if Anet will ever fix this, considering there is way more serious stuff that hasnt been fixed for months. Learn workarounds and dont count on hand holding, otherwise the trolls win.

@"Ithilwen.1529" Being asked to leave the map isn't being mean to anyone if that's what you're referring to. The only option people have right now is to remind people that a meta is going on, and that going to a character select for a moment will get them out of the meta map.

I usually see it happen when someone asks if they can get help at X or Y hero point. Everyone's just like no this map is setting up for something else. If you wait for the meta to end or go to the other map you'll find someone to help you.

> @"MoarChaos.8320" said:

> @"Ithilwen.1529" Being asked to leave the map isn't being mean to anyone if that's what you're referring to. The only option people have right now is to remind people that a meta is going on, and that going to a character select for a moment will get them out of the meta map.

Being asked to leave the map is not **inherently** mean. The way it is asked certainly can be, and the response if someone makes the choice not to -- or can't, for whatever reason, such as "no taxi to another map instance" -- certainly can be.

> I usually see it happen when someone asks if they can get help at X or Y hero point. Everyone's just like no this map is setting up for something else. If you wait for the meta to end or go to the other map you'll find someone to help you.

This is also quite reasonable, and appropriate, with the same caveats.

We should recognize that some of the time people really do have that pretty terrible experience on maps like this, not because the underlying response is unreasonable, but because people are, well, people, and sometimes they are not so nice.

> @"Solaris.2489" said:

> If they ever fix it sure it would be nice, but Ive yet to see a chest that was so obstructed that it couldnt be clicked on manually and then looted.

I have. Small chest, big interactable, cannot be clicked at all. Like trying to click on a specific person in the middle of a zerg.

Just prioritize lootables and nodes over EVERYTHING else. My biggest beef is with NPCs that have zero importance and can only be "greeted" (not even talked to) standing on top of a node or something you actually need to interact with and the "Greet" takes priority over everything else. WTF? "Greet" should NEVER take priority over ANYTHING.