New Revenant

Sandclap.5871

Welcome to Rev.

Don't worry about feeling weak, the revenant takes some time to get going. But for open world, eventually it becomes a solid class. I suggest you level the invocation traitline first. And for hero, you'll want to unlock shiro fully first. I suggest you run power gear and focus on sword/sword (or axe) and either staff or hammer (for range).

Otherwise, just look forward to unlocking herald, which really helps the class perform in many scenarios.

> @"Loboling.5293" said:

> Welcome to Rev.

>

> Don't worry about feeling weak, the revenant takes some time to get going. But for open world, eventually it becomes a solid class. I suggest you level the invocation traitline first. And for hero, you'll want to unlock shiro fully first. I suggest you run power gear and focus on sword/sword (or axe) and either staff or hammer (for range).

>

> Otherwise, just look forward to unlocking herald, which really helps the class perform in many scenarios.

Thank you for the help, just one more question , do revenants have a spot on end game content? Like in raids and fractrals? Is it a good profession to main?

> @"Sandclap.5871" said:

> > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > Welcome to Rev.

> >

> > Don't worry about feeling weak, the revenant takes some time to get going. But for open world, eventually it becomes a solid class. I suggest you level the invocation traitline first. And for hero, you'll want to unlock shiro fully first. I suggest you run power gear and focus on sword/sword (or axe) and either staff or hammer (for range).

> >

> > Otherwise, just look forward to unlocking herald, which really helps the class perform in many scenarios.

>

> Thank you for the help, just one more question , do revenants have a spot on end game content? Like in raids and fractrals? Is it a good profession to main?

Revenants can perform a few roles in raids (condi dps and healing/support), although it's a little comp dependent. But you can surely do well with rev in endgame PvE content. Fractals they are amazing in pugs. For PvP, revenant is still strong, but a very difficult time competing these days. Sometimes, when I'm focused I'll destroy people, but other times, a moments mistake. (usually running out of energy or cooldowns at the wrong time)

Generally, revenant is middle of the pack, but highly adaptable. And as you might have noticed, lots of fun and with a wonderful aesthetic.

> @"Sandclap.5871" said:

> > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > Welcome to Rev.

> >

> > Don't worry about feeling weak, the revenant takes some time to get going. But for open world, eventually it becomes a solid class. I suggest you level the invocation traitline first. And for hero, you'll want to unlock shiro fully first. I suggest you run power gear and focus on sword/sword (or axe) and either staff or hammer (for range).

> >

> > Otherwise, just look forward to unlocking herald, which really helps the class perform in many scenarios.

>

> Thank you for the help, just one more question , do revenants have a spot on end game content? Like in raids and fractrals? Is it a good profession to main?

Heyo good to see a new face.

You mentioned end game PvE so i wanted to pitch in.

For end game PvE Rev is in an ok spot. Good dps but no locked in roles like the warrior and chronomancer.

For raids and fractals you're going to want to unlock the renegade elite specialization, for both power and Condi variants. I personally run Condi for everything since i enjoy it.

For fractals both power and Condi work well and generate might/supplementary alacrity and bring a ferocity buff for your group. Condi in general isn't optimal in fractals for speed clears, but if you wanted speed clears you wouldn't be playing rev.

For raids, would highly recommend running the Condi varient. The power varient, while it works and can get up to 28k dps when fully optimized, is pottery selfish and doesn't bring much pottery than dps. The Condi varient however can get up to 36k + buff ally attacks (making their attacks cause bleeding).

Hope this helps.

PS i play Condi rev anywhere and every where except wvw, where i use the power hammer build.