Queens Gauntlet

> @"Drecien.4508" said:

> The gauntlet was an instanced area anyway so it shouldn't be hard to update. The zephyrites are all scattered so their story has ended. Dragon bash would be fun to bring back too.

The whole Pavilion event was its own map/instance, but the Gauntlet itself was just part of that map. You were in a little domed area over the main floor. Other players could watch your fights, and you had to queue up and wait for your turn to fight.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Drecien.4508" said:

> > The gauntlet was an instanced area anyway so it shouldn't be hard to update. The zephyrites are all scattered so their story has ended. Dragon bash would be fun to bring back too.

>

> The whole Pavilion event was its own map/instance, but the Gauntlet itself was just part of that map. You were in a little domed area over the main floor. Other players could watch your fights, and you had to queue up and wait for your turn to fight.

I'm quite aware as I was there both times, it was under what we now call the pavilion.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Zeefa.3915" said:

> > Yes and no... Divinity Reach got way too many recurring events already. I would much rather see other racial cities get some love with their own recurring events too.

>

> TBH that is something that has always puzzled me with GW2.. none of the other major cities get any real attention when it comes to events..

> Maybe something like a grouse season event.. where the Asuran council are the grouse.

> But yeah All the major races need some event love in there specific home cities.

Well, if you think about it, it kinda makes sense... The events are all continuations from the GW1 ones. Which are all justified within the human culture, hence Humans have more festivals.

But they could easily have a **true** Meatoberfest in October for the Charr.

A Arbour day celebration for Sylvari.

A Solistice/equinox festival for Norn.

And they could move Wintersday to Rata Sum, since it's about Asuras (Tixx), even though they already have SAB.

I would like it, too, but the elites would force toughness and vitality increases.

Maybe forbid (forcefully unequip) ascended and legendary gear as well as block out elite specializations.

"Play exotic core or play naked and stupid."

I should copywrite that.

> @"Drecien.4508" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"Drecien.4508" said:

> > > The gauntlet was an instanced area anyway so it shouldn't be hard to update. The zephyrites are all scattered so their story has ended. Dragon bash would be fun to bring back too.

> >

> > The whole Pavilion event was its own map/instance, but the Gauntlet itself was just part of that map. You were in a little domed area over the main floor. Other players could watch your fights, and you had to queue up and wait for your turn to fight.

>

> I'm quite aware as I was there both times, it was under what we now call the pavilion.

Gotcha. I think my cold-addled brain misread your original comment somehow. My bad. :p

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> I would like it, too, but the elites would force toughness and vitality increases.

>

> Maybe forbid (forcefully unequip) ascended and legendary gear as well as block out elite specializations.

>

> "Play exotic core or play naked and stupid."

>

> I should copywrite that.

Or they could just downlevel your equipment. To many people would be pissed off about having to buy exotic armor otherwise.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > I would like it, too, but the elites would force toughness and vitality increases.

> >

> > Maybe forbid (forcefully unequip) ascended and legendary gear as well as block out elite specializations.

> >

> > "Play exotic core or play naked and stupid."

> >

> > I should copywrite that.

>

> Or they could just downlevel your equipment. To many people would be pissed off about having to buy exotic armor otherwise.

I think downleveling would be a great idea and make it easy on the devs.