Mesmer update discussion - May 22 patch notes

Emtiarbi.3281

lol this not afecting a lot of peps for wvw and pvp its just he chrono players. i see they need to do a hell of a lot more to balance mes mainly the power shater build so we dont just 1 combo the whole team and walk away like nothing happened at all. i see soo meany more nerfs comeing out for mes untill its properly balenced

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will say the changes were needed but a lot more is needed to make the mes more balenced for play and not be the opmf that it is turned into right now. they need to make this more of a class that focuses on timeing and a very well placed shatter to balance this class. right now in wvw and pvp i feel like a breandead mes becosue thare is no skill for playing it and i do one combo and see the enemy teem die in that combo and go well that is all the time i need and then go to sleep not mutch fun nore is it balenced right.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"TotallyNotJazzie.1493" said:

> > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > @"TotallyNotJazzie.1493" said:

> > > > > As a non-mesmer player, the only build I wanted nerfs for was the insta-burst 100-0 stuff. Instead you received these nerfs to evadable stuff which confused even me after previous nerfs that aimed at this before.

> > > > >

> > > > > Came on mesmer forum to see reaction and what you peeps thought.

> > > >

> > > > Chronobunker was far more cancerous than Greatsword Mirage. Can't even recall the last time I saw a Greatsword Mirage in platinum tier.

> > >

> > > Tbf I haven’t played PvP for a bit. I fell out of favour with PvP just as Bunker Mesmers became a mainstream thing. Ergo, I don’t have a full perspective on its power in matches. I just remember the portal shatter mesmers appearing for every +1 I had against me for the longest time ever :anguished:

> > >

> > > That’s why I came here to speak to mesmer mains who might be able to acknowledge its OP cries in a fair way or provide suitable contras to that argument. Either way Anet has dished out its *balance* and we have to see if everything is okay once the dust settles.

> >

> > Chronobunker was nuts. Not only did it have the most survivability in the game it could also instagibb players with it's OP phantasms which it always got at least 4 of because of Chronophantasma and Signet of the Ether.

>

> I have to say, it's pretty odd hearing people refer to this build as "chronobunker". It's not really a *bunker* exactly, it's just got solid survivability tools. I remember the **real** chronobunker that actually just straight up busted PvP.

People forget history I'm afraid.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > @"TotallyNotJazzie.1493" said:

> > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > @"TotallyNotJazzie.1493" said:

> > > > > > As a non-mesmer player, the only build I wanted nerfs for was the insta-burst 100-0 stuff. Instead you received these nerfs to evadable stuff which confused even me after previous nerfs that aimed at this before.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Came on mesmer forum to see reaction and what you peeps thought.

> > > > >

> > > > > Chronobunker was far more cancerous than Greatsword Mirage. Can't even recall the last time I saw a Greatsword Mirage in platinum tier.

> > > >

> > > > Tbf I haven’t played PvP for a bit. I fell out of favour with PvP just as Bunker Mesmers became a mainstream thing. Ergo, I don’t have a full perspective on its power in matches. I just remember the portal shatter mesmers appearing for every +1 I had against me for the longest time ever :anguished:

> > > >

> > > > That’s why I came here to speak to mesmer mains who might be able to acknowledge its OP cries in a fair way or provide suitable contras to that argument. Either way Anet has dished out its *balance* and we have to see if everything is okay once the dust settles.

> > >

> > > Chronobunker was nuts. Not only did it have the most survivability in the game it could also instagibb players with it's OP phantasms which it always got at least 4 of because of Chronophantasma and Signet of the Ether.

> >

> > I have to say, it's pretty odd hearing people refer to this build as "chronobunker". It's not really a *bunker* exactly, it's just got solid survivability tools. I remember the **real** chronobunker that actually just straight up busted PvP.

>

> People forget history I'm afraid.

I think its more just a convenient way to illustrate just how broken the build was. Was it an actual bunker or on par with chronobunker? No. But it was just as broken in its own way.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > @"TotallyNotJazzie.1493" said:

> > > > > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > > > > > @"TotallyNotJazzie.1493" said:

> > > > > > > As a non-mesmer player, the only build I wanted nerfs for was the insta-burst 100-0 stuff. Instead you received these nerfs to evadable stuff which confused even me after previous nerfs that aimed at this before.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Came on mesmer forum to see reaction and what you peeps thought.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Chronobunker was far more cancerous than Greatsword Mirage. Can't even recall the last time I saw a Greatsword Mirage in platinum tier.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tbf I haven’t played PvP for a bit. I fell out of favour with PvP just as Bunker Mesmers became a mainstream thing. Ergo, I don’t have a full perspective on its power in matches. I just remember the portal shatter mesmers appearing for every +1 I had against me for the longest time ever :anguished:

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s why I came here to speak to mesmer mains who might be able to acknowledge its OP cries in a fair way or provide suitable contras to that argument. Either way Anet has dished out its *balance* and we have to see if everything is okay once the dust settles.

> > > >

> > > > Chronobunker was nuts. Not only did it have the most survivability in the game it could also instagibb players with it's OP phantasms which it always got at least 4 of because of Chronophantasma and Signet of the Ether.

> > >

> > > I have to say, it's pretty odd hearing people refer to this build as "chronobunker". It's not really a *bunker* exactly, it's just got solid survivability tools. I remember the **real** chronobunker that actually just straight up busted PvP.

> >

> > People forget history I'm afraid.

>

> I think its more just a convenient way to illustrate just how broken the build was. Was it an actual bunker or on par with chronobunker? No. But it was just as broken in its own way.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

Was the new "chronobunker" strong? Absolutely. Did it literally break the PvP meta to the point that games commonly ended after the very first set of points were captured and capture points were effectively impossible to flip once taken? No.