Many new low rank roamers in WvW

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > > Alt accounts if their mains were banned for 6 months from the wave?

> > >

> > > I think this is why we are seeing way more hacks now than before the ban wave. Seems harsh, but they should make it so F2P accounts can not do wvw or ranked pvp.

> >

> > They never should have from the start to be honest.

> >

> > It takes only a few hours to bring a F2P account into WvW and use it as a spy.

>

> F2P is really irrelevant anyway - so many people bought several accounts when it was like $10 years ago. And if F2P couldnt join WvW... they would just do it again with paid accounts.

Yeah but there's a big difference in being out a few hours of time when being caught hacking versus needing to spend 60 bucks every time you do it.

I think the Hot and POF autoboost to 80 brought a lot of new players to the game. Plus you can buy a boost to 80 on the Gem store if you want to boost a character specifically for a game mode. The gear they give you has a fair bit of survivability and this makes it easier to jump into WvW and give it a go. The announcements about changes to the system with focus on guilds over servers also encouraged many guilds to recruit new to WvW players. I am happy to see new players. Busy maps mean less boredom. So I don't think it is hackers or cheats just renewed interest in the game mode.

\*secretly hoping you're talking about me\*

In all seriousness, I've seen many posts on here and reddit from new comers saying they really enjoy PvP, so it looks like people might have gotten into PvP first and gotten some experience before going into WvW.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> as long as not all of them are filthy thief and mesmer mains im happy to see some fresh blood in wvw

as long as they are not all self entitled warrior mains who think they are superior players by build choice, i am happy.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > as long as not all of them are filthy thief and mesmer mains im happy to see some fresh blood in wvw

>

> as long as they are not all self entitled warrior mains who think they are superior players by build choice, i am happy.

where is warrior supposed to be superior by buildchoice lol

you still dont understand why i dont want mes and thiefs...its not about how good or bad they are, its about their abillity to engage and disengage when- and whereever they want, due to insane mobility and stealth, its a thing about their kit, not about the playerskill

if i get owned in a duell by them, okey

but its not okey that they can always get away if they feel like losing and reengage when they feel like it, over and over until their opponent drops dead or if the enemy tries to disengage they can chase over the whole map and still have the pressure to kill while using resources for mobility

or engage in groups of 3 or 4 jump around trying to kill someone and still are able to disengage

not to mention hiding in objectives and the defenders needing large numbers to get them out

even if warrior was op in 1v1 (think what you will), if a warrior come into a camp to turn it and you cant kill him, get 3 ppl with roaming builds and kill him, chase him and he dies, he will get frustrated and leave

if there is a thief that does that get 3 ppl with roaming builds and watch him run like the wind, laughig his bum off about how funny it is that 3 ppl chase and cant kill because they "obviously" are bad at the game

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > as long as not all of them are filthy thief and mesmer mains im happy to see some fresh blood in wvw

> >

> > as long as they are not all self entitled warrior mains who think they are superior players by build choice, i am happy.

>

> where is warrior supposed to be superior by buildchoice lol

> you still dont understand why i dont want mes and thiefs...its not about how good or bad they are, its about their abillity to engage and disengage when- and whereever they want, due to insane mobility and stealth, its a thing about their kit, not about the playerskill

>

> if i get owned in a duell by them, okey

> but its not okey that they can always get away if they feel like losing and reengage when they feel like it, over and over until their opponent drops dead or if the enemy tries to disengage they can chase over the whole map and still have the pressure to kill while using resources for mobility

> or engage in groups of 3 or 4 jump around trying to kill someone and still are able to disengage

> not to mention hiding in objectives and the defenders needing large numbers to get them out

>

> even if warrior was op in 1v1 (think what you will), if a warrior come into a camp to turn it and you cant kill him, get 3 ppl with roaming builds and kill him, chase him and he dies, he will get frustrated and leave

> if there is a thief that does that get 3 ppl with roaming builds and watch him run like the wind, laughig his bum off about how funny it is that 3 ppl chase and cant kill because they "obviously" are bad at the game

i said they think they are superior players by build choice, not that they are superior. the type of people who will after a loss whisper you that altho they lost the fight, they are far more skilled because they play X. it doesnt matter if you have a build advantage or not, i mean if i run around with my staff ele i am also not a better player then anyone i encounter cause i am at a disadvantage. or to formulate the above different, as long as they are not toxic because of buildchoices, i am happy. and so far its mostly warriors complaining in that manner or other thieves with a different build :D

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > Alt accounts if their mains were banned for 6 months from the wave?

> >

> > I think this is why we are seeing way more hacks now than before the ban wave. Seems harsh, but they should make it so F2P accounts can not do wvw or ranked pvp.

>

> They never should have from the start to be honest.

>

> It takes only a few hours to bring a F2P account into WvW and use it as a spy.

F2P has nothing to do with balance. F2P is all about introducing new players to the game. It’s a double edged sword.