Power Scourge

Aris.4231

Power Scourge with all buffs:

PoF Release:

- around 33k DPS (3 stacked shades + Dagger/Warhorn auto attacks, wells and F-skill on cooldown spam)

Now:

- around 22k DPS (a lot less than Power Reaper (27k) since Reaper Shroud and GS auto damage was buffed in the last balance patch)

> @"intox.6347" said:

> > @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> > > @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> > > I did story and raids with a power scourge and had a lot of fun. Used the greater shade so only double proceed f5 on cd. Basically any f2-5 procs and instant cast 1.0 coeff skill ( 0.5 x2 because of double proc). Double f5 is 4.06 coeff (not including the 1.0 so 5.06 total) instant cast skill on a 16 aec traited (12 seconds with alacrity). Only dagger/wh let's you cast f2,3,5 on cd. Two dps wells and power signet.

> > >

> > > I did full top row scourge for might and barrier support. F2 also converts 2 condi to boons. So like if you're fighting stuff that burns, that's aegis every 3-4 seconds with f2. Or perma vigor if you're converting bleeds. D/wh + d/torch also meant I could spike 20-25 might to my group in an aoe with t5.

> > >

> > > Was planning on testing zerker and grievers later tonight. Will upload benchmarks.

> > >

> > > *Edit:* After a bit of quick testing

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQJBIhNyQDt0YNN4YDs3YBXwgGABgWAVXoNEt0PsN2KLA-jhBBABYt/o8LgTAwZKBB4BAknegKV/hUA6pMC-e

> > > I mentioned above that I use Sand savant, and I will continue to do that in open world since the larger size is nice. For the golem benchmark, I swapped to Demonic Lore. Spam wells, sorta on CD. Spam F1. Some effort to spam F2/3/5 when 2 shadess were up, especially the F5. Use wh5. Interrupted my auto probably a lot. Standard raid buffs.

> > > 27,204

> > > 27,178

> > > 27,867

> > > 28,168

> > > 28,616

> > > It won't be setting records in raids and is a bit low. However, I was spamming barrier and condi clear/converts and might though. Like F1, F2, F3 all clear/covert conditions with F1, F3 both applying a bit of barrier/might. I'll probably use this is fotm when the boon strip and condi clear can benefit casual groups of 5 vs instabilities. If it had even 1 10% more dmg trait somewhere, I'd be happy. I'm still contemplating bringing it to raids for a DPS with barrier support on the side. Reasoning is that barrier would help a lot with keeping Scholar bonus up on teammates when fighting bosses with pulsing dmg aura. From my very brief testing in a yolo pof raid boss, I was also hitting all 10 people with barrier. If there was a 4 stats set that was zerker+healing power, I would also be happy with this.

> >

> > i dont know if you realize but you dont hit twice with shroud skills when shade is summoned. only once.

> > no shades and you press f2-f5? - mob gets hit only once

> > 1 big shade + you? - mob gets hit only once

> > 3 shades + you? - mob gets hit only once.

> >

> > also where is the benchmark? because i dont believe you had 28k dps with realistic buffset

>

> That post from him was old :D in that times it hits double... now you can hit target with shade or by you... before it stacks... so if you put shade on your target... and stand near him.... you destroy him :D also little shades stack too :D

Yeah... That was sept 25th...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Manifest_Sand_Shade

3 days after this was added to the game and before it got nerfed. If I recall correctly, only a day or two before a dev announced it was a bug at which point I realized it was going downhill soon enough and didn't bother. So yeah, if you still want to see if it was ever possible, I can check on my desktop later to see if I have a screenshot or video of me hitting those numbers back then.