Return of Razah?

Making this post partially in reference to a question a younger, more naive guild wars 1 player used to ask in some LA ama some years ago! I used to spam something to the lines of "What is happening with Razah?" haha! He was one of my favorite characters as he was a Ritualist (like myself) that spawned from the Realm of Torment. A mad oddity. Also, he was inspired by Data from Star Trek Next Generation which is a definite plus! Would love to know if he finds himself and a purpose with the help of the gw1 heros, or alternatively, if he loses his way and becomes an entity much more demonic. Mox recently came back into the story so this seems like it may be a possibility!

Any chance we could learn about Razah's story in between games/ see his return in the sequel? Thanks. :)

• ArenaNet Staff

It's tough to talk about future content, because if something is planned, obviously I won't want to spoil it. If it's not planned and I say that, it's disappointing to you, and realistically, not planned doesn't mean 'won't ever happen'.

So, I'll just say that like you I'm a fan of Razah; he was a strange and mysterious character even to me as a newbie dev and I think he's got a lot of possibilities (lore and mechanically! A class change joke, everyone). I was overjoyed when I learned that MOX was going to show up again, and I'm hopeful that when the time is right, we'll see other fun GW1 callbacks, whether that's Razah or other beloved characters.