80 boost misuse and refund

Hi so yesterday I sent a ticket in because after I bought pof I left my computer on and logged in ( I know bad idea) and when I came back I found my brother had used the boost, I was wondering what people thought CS might be able to do to help and how long a response might take? I'm scared to get on and play for fear it makes it worse

Often, when unwanted actions on an account are caused by leaving the account unsecured, no remedies are offered. You never know, though; the Team may offer you assistance as a one-time-only gesture of good will. Keep in mind, also, that some actions on an account can not be reversed, no matter the reason.

Playing on your account won't make any difference, really.

Good luck.

I'd put in a support ticket. I'm not sure what exactly they'll do about it, but I'm sure they can at least work with you on some sort of pleasant resolution. But do be aware that support is pretty backed up right now, with tickets often taking 10 days or longer to be resolved. While you wait, I'd just avoid playing the boosted character; all other characters should be safe to use.

Like you said, not the best idea to stay logged in while being away. As others have said, the support might do nothing because it was "your fault". Also everybody could use a booster and than just change their mind claiming it was someone else who used it. Not saying you don't tell the truth, but it would not be the first time something like this (with all kinds of items/purchases etc) happened on the forums.

Also, a friendly advice: You should never ever (!) use a 80 boost before you even have another character at max level. I would say even 2 characters at max level should be good before using a level 80 boost. Why? You learn nothing by just boosting to 80. You have no timing, no real idea how your profession works, nothing. Yes, you might be able to play with your friends but you are no real help for them. More of the opposite (at least in harder content). So if you get the booster refunded (I doubt it): For the love of [insert favorite human god here] stay away from the level 80 booster and learn the game first. You only kill your fun playing and learning the game. Not to mention going in an expantion with a somewhat freshly boosted character... the difficulty gap between core and HoT is huge. It will only bring you frustration. And another HoT/PoF is too hard thread to the forums.

You'll get help. It just might not be today or this weekend, and the help you receive may not be what you're hoping for. If you're fine with keeping the boosted character, then go ahead and play it and just close your support ticket. If you're wanting to possibly get your booster back or get some other sort of help from support, however, you'd be better off not touching that character because you could be asked to delete it or have the account rolled back (which would mean you'd lose any progress you made on that character).

> @"selberkh.6859" said:

> So it said there was activity recently but I don't see anything, have they just looked at it or?

We don't know currently. Happened to many. May have been a case of: Not an issue I can deal with directly, so I have to ask for help/investigate. They will only answer you if they have found a solution. I would not play the character. Leave it be until the whole thing has been resolved.