Remove this post, too many notifications

Everything OP writes reads to me as a kid crying : "I am soooooooooooooooo god tier in this game you all suck praise me" .

Also not to forget his: "You disagree with my opinion so the only possible way to answer is to call you a no skill pleb who gets carried".

At this point you might also want to take a look at other posts of our OP aka mister "but WoW has this feature" and also "I know it better than you".

It eludes me why people even seriously answer in threads like this. (But since I posted either way I am going to contribute too).

OP might simply disregard it but GW2 is not a super hardcore MMO. While you can debate on CMs or Raids having a certain level of difficulty normal T4 surely does not and it it is intended like that. While T4 forces on you certain requirements (aka agony resistance) it still is in the casual player range of intended activities so you will never see any increase in overall difficulty for fractals. On the same hand considering all the overhauls fractals already got we are most likely not going to get another system to replace Instabilities so this whole discussion is one without any possible substantial gains.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"polvere.2805" said:

> What i am saying: i am fine with hard content and i am the first One to play it, why do you assume that if i defend people that do not want to do hard content it actually implies that i am part of them? So if i am not bullied i should not side with the bullied? Op is trolling.

>

> Second there is hard content and there is easy content. You are basically saying that there should not be any place for easy content which is dumb. How do you think people should make progress then? So i never went on a bike before and you want me to run a 40km run with it? Bah

>

> what's the point of opening a thread if you start Being rude to anyone who doesnt think Like you? Open a thread with the title : "write Here to tell me how Good i am and how everything should be Like i think" if you dont want to deal with people with different opinion. What are you even doing on a forum?

>

> The thread started decently with you arguing that instabilities are too rng (and its quite a good point to start) then it went to trash when you started saying that bad players should not have even the possibility to clear fractals. You derailed your own thread and morphed it into "reeeee bad players out of the game".

>

> To get back into the thread: i am fine with instabilities bit some are just kitten annoying and make me want to just skip the fractal as they forces you to play in really Boring and awkward ways

everyone starts badly and improves regardless of time. all i want is to get rid of RNG an in exchange to add static difficulty cuz you can't just remove RNG and make it even more easier than before. that's why i suggested a better way with less awkward way to play and to feel a more real content. anet said fractals are stepping stone for raids and they should be. i don't feel it. all i feel is RNG and melting bosses fast before they hit you. and when you do a lot of mistakes you get down for the chance to someone pull you up which is really unrealistic in any mmorpg.

clearly no one understood what i want and don't know how it'll work out. it feels like no one played other mmorpgs or feeded so much in games when their health hit 0 i don't know. also that reviving in ensyloss after each phase and virastra each cc phase. it shouldn't be happening. also bike with 40km is really ridiculous coimparison. that's why T1,2,3 exist to show people about boss mechanics first before they enter something more engaging and "dangerous". no downstate without RNG looks pretty easy for people tbh. i rarely see down states. the only way to get into downstates is to play really bad.

> @"Alaya.8765" said:

> Everything OP writes reads to me as a kid crying : "I am soooooooooooooooo god tier in this game you all suck praise me" .

> Also not to forget his: "You disagree with my opinion so the only possible way to answer is to call you a no skill pleb who gets carried".

> At this point you might also want to take a look at other posts of our OP aka mister "but WoW has this feature" and also "I know it better than you".

>

> It eludes me why people even seriously answer in threads like this. (But since I posted either way I am going to contribute too).

>

> OP might simply disregard it but GW2 is not a super hardcore MMO. While you can debate on CMs or Raids having a certain level of difficulty normal T4 surely does not and it it is intended like that. While T4 forces on you certain requirements (aka agony resistance) it still is in the casual player range of intended activities so you will never see any increase in overall difficulty for fractals. On the same hand considering all the overhauls fractals already got we are most likely not going to get another system to replace Instabilities so this whole discussion is one without any possible substantial gains.

nothing about being hc, i'm trying to suggest more reasonable pve approach than rng approach. what's the point if people farm those fractals without any effort.

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > >

> > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > >

> > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > >

> > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > >

> > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > >

> > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > >

> > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> >

> > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

>

> I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

>

> I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> It's quite amusing to observe the ideas regularly flouted by a few super hardcore players. I wonder whether they really believe that stuff like the first half of the post has the slightest chance of being implemented.

The OP isn't even super hardcore... He's just spouting nonesense... And he probably just does 1-25...> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > >

> > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > >

> > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > >

> > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > >

> > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > >

> > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > >

> > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > >

> > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> >

> > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> >

> > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

>

> so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

That only works in some Fractals, nor sure if it's even possible in 100, but i'll give you that. Try saying that in Mai Trin...

That is actually how the mechanic worked... You're probably relatively new and didn't play Fractals when the only way to obtain Ascended gear was through playing Fractals with Agony without AR, since you needed to play lvl 10+ (Agony started at 10) to get ascended rings, but Agony also started at 10.

So you'd have to learn to avoid the Agony-inducing hits (usually in the original Fractals, only specific boss hits would induce Agony - they later added automatic agony to some, like Solid Ocean) and play through those levels until you could actually equip AR on your rings.

That's also why i'm confident taking people through some of the oldest Fractals at T3-T4 even without enough AR, because i can coach them through the Agony Inducing attacks. And i've done that a few times.

The point of Agony is that either you play only select Fractals where Agony doesn't hit automatically from entering the boss Arena, and play flawlessly without getting hit by anything, or you play with enough AR to survive getting hit. That's the point of Agony, selecting players, and creating a barrier to entry and some gear progression in a game that had none when it was introduced.

The RNG approach would be better if it was even more RNG... Originally Fractals were 100% random. One run was 3-4 Fractals (levels ending with 0 had a 4th "boss" fractal, and were the ones with actual rewards, as in those were the ones with the chance to drop Ascended), and the Fractals you'd play were entirely randomized, to the point that a lot of people would "re-roll" fractals until they'd hit Swamp, since swamp was the shortest fractal, so it was optimal to begin with that one.

Honestly, the ideal situation for original intent of fractals would be entirely procedurally generated encounters and maps. That would be awesome.

The point of instabilities isn't "just" making it harder, it's also making it a more varied experience. Fractals are meant to be random and unstable.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > >

> > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > >

> > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > >

> > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > >

> > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > >

> > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > >

> > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > >

> > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> >

> > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> >

> > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

>

> so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

I like how you care so much about agony your willing to completely get rid of downstate. You know, the mechanic that has been in game since launch, has dozens of traits skills and even a mastery related to it. If your so worried about pointless mechanics, your suggestions sure have a strange way of showing it.

I dont really see the problem with downstate. In harder fractals downstate means you dead. It's impossibile to ress in the high pressure phases Without risking to die, it's a bet.

Let's play the card of "nobody understands me, it's not my fault", back to adolescence guys.

Let's even put some my chemical romance on

What a thread, i am out, peace.

@"ReaverKane.7598"

Oh man i remember old fractals. If op feels that now fractals are rng he clearly never played old fractals. Man they were fun though. And also a fun ragefest with friends on TS.

> @"polvere.2805" said:

> I dont really see the problem with downstate. In harder fractals downstate means you dead. It's impossibile to ress in the high pressure phases Without risking to die, it's a bet.

>

> Let's play the card of "nobody understands me, it's not my fault", back to adolescence guys.

> Let's even put some my chemical romance on

>

> What a thread, i am out, peace.

>

> @"ReaverKane.7598"

> Oh man i remember old fractals. If op feels that now fractals are rng he clearly never played old fractals. Man they were fun though. And also a fun ragefest with friends on TS.

they were rng back in the days of 30 40 and 50 but anet tried to something else which is still RNG.

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > >

> > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > >

> > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > >

> > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > >

> > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > >

> > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > >

> > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > >

> > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > >

> > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> >

> > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

>

> I like how you care so much about agony your willing to completely get rid of downstate. You know, the mechanic that has been in game since launch, has dozens of traits skills and even a mastery related to it. If your so worried about pointless mechanics, your suggestions sure have a strange way of showing it.

adding debuffs in RNG system isn't mechanics. it's a way to show that the devs have no idea what challenging content means.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > It's quite amusing to observe the ideas regularly flouted by a few super hardcore players. I wonder whether they really believe that stuff like the first half of the post has the slightest chance of being implemented.

>

> The OP isn't even super hardcore... He's just spouting nonesense... And he probably just does 1-25...> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > >

> > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > >

> > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > >

> > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > >

> > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > >

> > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > >

> > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > >

> > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > >

> > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> >

> > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

>

> That only works in some Fractals, nor sure if it's even possible in 100, but i'll give you that. Try saying that in Mai Trin...

> That is actually how the mechanic worked... You're probably relatively new and didn't play Fractals when the only way to obtain Ascended gear was through playing Fractals with Agony without AR, since you needed to play lvl 10+ (Agony started at 10) to get ascended rings, but Agony also started at 10.

> So you'd have to learn to avoid the Agony-inducing hits (usually in the original Fractals, only specific boss hits would induce Agony - they later added automatic agony to some, like Solid Ocean) and play through those levels until you could actually equip AR on your rings.

> That's also why i'm confident taking people through some of the oldest Fractals at T3-T4 even without enough AR, because i can coach them through the Agony Inducing attacks. And i've done that a few times.

>

> The point of Agony is that either you play only select Fractals where Agony doesn't hit automatically from entering the boss Arena, and play flawlessly without getting hit by anything, or you play with enough AR to survive getting hit. That's the point of Agony, selecting players, and creating a barrier to entry and some gear progression in a game that had none when it was introduced.

>

> The RNG approach would be better if it was even more RNG... Originally Fractals were 100% random. One run was 3-4 Fractals (levels ending with 0 had a 4th "boss" fractal, and were the ones with actual rewards, as in those were the ones with the chance to drop Ascended), and the Fractals you'd play were entirely randomized, to the point that a lot of people would "re-roll" fractals until they'd hit Swamp, since swamp was the shortest fractal, so it was optimal to begin with that one.

> Honestly, the ideal situation for original intent of fractals would be entirely procedurally generated encounters and maps. That would be awesome.

> The point of instabilities isn't "just" making it harder, it's also making it a more varied experience. Fractals are meant to be random and unstable.

Why do you assume I do 1-25 if I suggest instant death at T4? rerolling to swamp was a worse RNG system. anet now force you to play 3 fractals that will give you chest according to the day and not the option to choose swamp like in the past. You clearly have no idea what I actually play and you're the only one saying nonsense like I only do 1-25. please think before assuming things that don't happen. I mostly run hc tactics and strict compositions to ensure maximum damage but then come poison strips the aegis at siax, or last laugh interrupts when I pull the adds when I need to stick to the boss or some flux bomb in the middle of rotation. those aren't healthy. those are considered bad RNG debuffs that aren't making it challenging at all and a bad design of stepping stones for raids.

Why do you even explain me how it was in the past. I played way before you. I was playing since game release and grinded 30 40 and 50 in super hardcore stealth tactics. Please don't explain the obvious. You can survive with 140 AR and not getting hit once at 100 CM. I did it on alt account cuz i forgot to use a potion of AR. didn't get even down.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > > >

> > > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > > >

> > > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > > >

> > > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> > >

> > > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

> >

> > I like how you care so much about agony your willing to completely get rid of downstate. You know, the mechanic that has been in game since launch, has dozens of traits skills and even a mastery related to it. If your so worried about pointless mechanics, your suggestions sure have a strange way of showing it.

>

> adding debuffs in RNG system isn't mechanics. it's a way to show that the devs have no idea what challenging content means.

Ok...but I never argued for the RNG system, I only said your ideas are bad, so how is your statement relevant? Why don't you just admit your suggestion was not thought out. Removing downstate is a terrible idea, which renders many traits, skills, and even a mastery useless. Also no downstate completely removes a profession mechanic from one class, scrapper. This same statement applies to wvw by the way.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > It's quite amusing to observe the ideas regularly flouted by a few super hardcore players. I wonder whether they really believe that stuff like the first half of the post has the slightest chance of being implemented.

> >

> > The OP isn't even super hardcore... He's just spouting nonesense... And he probably just does 1-25...> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > > >

> > > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > > >

> > > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > > >

> > > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> > >

> > > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

> >

> > That only works in some Fractals, nor sure if it's even possible in 100, but i'll give you that. Try saying that in Mai Trin...

> > That is actually how the mechanic worked... You're probably relatively new and didn't play Fractals when the only way to obtain Ascended gear was through playing Fractals with Agony without AR, since you needed to play lvl 10+ (Agony started at 10) to get ascended rings, but Agony also started at 10.

> > So you'd have to learn to avoid the Agony-inducing hits (usually in the original Fractals, only specific boss hits would induce Agony - they later added automatic agony to some, like Solid Ocean) and play through those levels until you could actually equip AR on your rings.

> > That's also why i'm confident taking people through some of the oldest Fractals at T3-T4 even without enough AR, because i can coach them through the Agony Inducing attacks. And i've done that a few times.

> >

> > The point of Agony is that either you play only select Fractals where Agony doesn't hit automatically from entering the boss Arena, and play flawlessly without getting hit by anything, or you play with enough AR to survive getting hit. That's the point of Agony, selecting players, and creating a barrier to entry and some gear progression in a game that had none when it was introduced.

> >

> > The RNG approach would be better if it was even more RNG... Originally Fractals were 100% random. One run was 3-4 Fractals (levels ending with 0 had a 4th "boss" fractal, and were the ones with actual rewards, as in those were the ones with the chance to drop Ascended), and the Fractals you'd play were entirely randomized, to the point that a lot of people would "re-roll" fractals until they'd hit Swamp, since swamp was the shortest fractal, so it was optimal to begin with that one.

> > Honestly, the ideal situation for original intent of fractals would be entirely procedurally generated encounters and maps. That would be awesome.

> > The point of instabilities isn't "just" making it harder, it's also making it a more varied experience. Fractals are meant to be random and unstable.

>

> Why do you assume I do 1-25 if I suggest instant death at T4?

Well, because instant death at T4 is a stupid suggestion? And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple.

>rerolling to swamp was a worse RNG system. anet now force you to play 3 fractals that will give you chest according to the day and not the option to choose swamp like in the past.

Clearly you didn't grasp the fact that fractals are meant to be an unstable, random thing. Of course it was more RNG in the past, i said so myself.

>You clearly have no idea what I actually play and you're the only one saying nonsense like I only do 1-25.

Why should i? Do you think i can read minds? And if i could, why would anyone bother with yours?

>please think before assuming things that don't happen. I mostly run hc tactics and strict compositions to ensure maximum damage but then come poison strips the aegis at siax, or last laugh interrupts when I pull the adds when I need to stick to the boss or some flux bomb in the middle of rotation. those aren't healthy. those are considered bad RNG debuffs that aren't making it challenging at all and a bad design of stepping stones for raids.

So you're mad because instabilities require you to adapt to them? (Also you can always, for the most part, pick the version without the "bad" instabilities)

So you're complaining (like everyone knew you were) not, that it's too easy, but that the game actually wants you to use your brain, instead of pretty much running a macro.

You're crowing about completing Challenge mode without getting hit, and in the same breath complaining you can't dodge a flux bomb, or dodge a last laugh (or just get some stab and eat up the damage like a good boy).

>

> Why do you even explain me how it was in the past. I played way before you. I was playing since game release and grinded 30 40 and 50 in super hardcore stealth tactics. Please don't explain the obvious. You can survive with 140 AR and not getting hit once at 100 CM. I did it on alt account cuz i forgot to use a potion of AR. didn't get even down.

I'm explaining, because unlike what you claim to be your history with the game, you apparently don't grasp the fact that Fractals are meant to be random, not static.

I'd rather have this basic, lazy RNG that at least gives fractals a small variance, than having them be entirely static.

Oh, and i've been playing the game since release as well (well actually since Betas, and pre-release), so it's kinda impossible for you to have started playing before me (in a relevant way at least).

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > It's quite amusing to observe the ideas regularly flouted by a few super hardcore players. I wonder whether they really believe that stuff like the first half of the post has the slightest chance of being implemented.

> > >

> > > The OP isn't even super hardcore... He's just spouting nonesense... And he probably just does 1-25...> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > > > >

> > > > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > > > >

> > > > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> > > >

> > > > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

> > >

> > > That only works in some Fractals, nor sure if it's even possible in 100, but i'll give you that. Try saying that in Mai Trin...

> > > That is actually how the mechanic worked... You're probably relatively new and didn't play Fractals when the only way to obtain Ascended gear was through playing Fractals with Agony without AR, since you needed to play lvl 10+ (Agony started at 10) to get ascended rings, but Agony also started at 10.

> > > So you'd have to learn to avoid the Agony-inducing hits (usually in the original Fractals, only specific boss hits would induce Agony - they later added automatic agony to some, like Solid Ocean) and play through those levels until you could actually equip AR on your rings.

> > > That's also why i'm confident taking people through some of the oldest Fractals at T3-T4 even without enough AR, because i can coach them through the Agony Inducing attacks. And i've done that a few times.

> > >

> > > The point of Agony is that either you play only select Fractals where Agony doesn't hit automatically from entering the boss Arena, and play flawlessly without getting hit by anything, or you play with enough AR to survive getting hit. That's the point of Agony, selecting players, and creating a barrier to entry and some gear progression in a game that had none when it was introduced.

> > >

> > > The RNG approach would be better if it was even more RNG... Originally Fractals were 100% random. One run was 3-4 Fractals (levels ending with 0 had a 4th "boss" fractal, and were the ones with actual rewards, as in those were the ones with the chance to drop Ascended), and the Fractals you'd play were entirely randomized, to the point that a lot of people would "re-roll" fractals until they'd hit Swamp, since swamp was the shortest fractal, so it was optimal to begin with that one.

> > > Honestly, the ideal situation for original intent of fractals would be entirely procedurally generated encounters and maps. That would be awesome.

> > > The point of instabilities isn't "just" making it harder, it's also making it a more varied experience. Fractals are meant to be random and unstable.

> >

> > Why do you assume I do 1-25 if I suggest instant death at T4?

> Well, because instant death at T4 is a stupid suggestion? And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple.

>

> >rerolling to swamp was a worse RNG system. anet now force you to play 3 fractals that will give you chest according to the day and not the option to choose swamp like in the past.

> Clearly you didn't grasp the fact that fractals are meant to be an unstable, random thing. Of course it was more RNG in the past, i said so myself.

>

> >You clearly have no idea what I actually play and you're the only one saying nonsense like I only do 1-25.

> Why should i? Do you think i can read minds? And if i could, why would anyone bother with yours?

>

> >please think before assuming things that don't happen. I mostly run hc tactics and strict compositions to ensure maximum damage but then come poison strips the aegis at siax, or last laugh interrupts when I pull the adds when I need to stick to the boss or some flux bomb in the middle of rotation. those aren't healthy. those are considered bad RNG debuffs that aren't making it challenging at all and a bad design of stepping stones for raids.

> So you're mad because instabilities require you to adapt to them? (Also you can always, for the most part, pick the version without the "bad" instabilities)

> So you're complaining (like everyone knew you were) not, that it's too easy, but that the game actually wants you to use your brain, instead of pretty much running a macro.

> You're crowing about completing Challenge mode without getting hit, and in the same breath complaining you can't dodge a flux bomb, or dodge a last laugh (or just get some stab and eat up the damage like a good boy).

> >

> > Why do you even explain me how it was in the past. I played way before you. I was playing since game release and grinded 30 40 and 50 in super hardcore stealth tactics. Please don't explain the obvious. You can survive with 140 AR and not getting hit once at 100 CM. I did it on alt account cuz i forgot to use a potion of AR. didn't get even down.

>

> I'm explaining, because unlike what you claim to be your history with the game, you apparently don't grasp the fact that Fractals are meant to be random, not static.

> I'd rather have this basic, lazy RNG that at least gives fractals a small variance, than having them be entirely static.

> Oh, and i've been playing the game since release as well (well actually since Betas, and pre-release), so it's kinda impossible for you to have started playing before me (in a relevant way at least).

>

So in all other games no downstate is stupid. Who says fractals must be random in debuffs? 1-25 not to get agonized it for new people to start gearing and learning the mechanics before engaging in agony. If you think you don't get hit in T4 you're really mistaken. mobs will hit you and you'll get agonized because the debuff I suggest. so you prefer lazy RNG over an actual reasonable pre end game content. You're lazy like anet who want only rewards and not real PvE experience that 1 mistake can lead to death. What do you mean adapt to RNG debuffs? there's nothing to adapt to lazy design such as flux bomb. all you do is move away, wow so hard. They're not challenging nor fun. Those instabilities shows the lack of creation of Fractals. If what I suggested would be in the game you'd feed on right and left and wipe your party for hours while I'd do it in the same speed with my group.

"And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple." - this just shows that you're one of those people who go down on people without knowing what they actually do and you think you're better. I as an OP wanted harder and suggested something harder for T4 and easier for T1 and you think I spend my time in T1. do you have any critical thinking skills?

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > > It's quite amusing to observe the ideas regularly flouted by a few super hardcore players. I wonder whether they really believe that stuff like the first half of the post has the slightest chance of being implemented.

> > > >

> > > > The OP isn't even super hardcore... He's just spouting nonesense... And he probably just does 1-25...> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> > > > >

> > > > > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

> > > >

> > > > That only works in some Fractals, nor sure if it's even possible in 100, but i'll give you that. Try saying that in Mai Trin...

> > > > That is actually how the mechanic worked... You're probably relatively new and didn't play Fractals when the only way to obtain Ascended gear was through playing Fractals with Agony without AR, since you needed to play lvl 10+ (Agony started at 10) to get ascended rings, but Agony also started at 10.

> > > > So you'd have to learn to avoid the Agony-inducing hits (usually in the original Fractals, only specific boss hits would induce Agony - they later added automatic agony to some, like Solid Ocean) and play through those levels until you could actually equip AR on your rings.

> > > > That's also why i'm confident taking people through some of the oldest Fractals at T3-T4 even without enough AR, because i can coach them through the Agony Inducing attacks. And i've done that a few times.

> > > >

> > > > The point of Agony is that either you play only select Fractals where Agony doesn't hit automatically from entering the boss Arena, and play flawlessly without getting hit by anything, or you play with enough AR to survive getting hit. That's the point of Agony, selecting players, and creating a barrier to entry and some gear progression in a game that had none when it was introduced.

> > > >

> > > > The RNG approach would be better if it was even more RNG... Originally Fractals were 100% random. One run was 3-4 Fractals (levels ending with 0 had a 4th "boss" fractal, and were the ones with actual rewards, as in those were the ones with the chance to drop Ascended), and the Fractals you'd play were entirely randomized, to the point that a lot of people would "re-roll" fractals until they'd hit Swamp, since swamp was the shortest fractal, so it was optimal to begin with that one.

> > > > Honestly, the ideal situation for original intent of fractals would be entirely procedurally generated encounters and maps. That would be awesome.

> > > > The point of instabilities isn't "just" making it harder, it's also making it a more varied experience. Fractals are meant to be random and unstable.

> > >

> > > Why do you assume I do 1-25 if I suggest instant death at T4?

> > Well, because instant death at T4 is a stupid suggestion? And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple.

> >

> > >rerolling to swamp was a worse RNG system. anet now force you to play 3 fractals that will give you chest according to the day and not the option to choose swamp like in the past.

> > Clearly you didn't grasp the fact that fractals are meant to be an unstable, random thing. Of course it was more RNG in the past, i said so myself.

> >

> > >You clearly have no idea what I actually play and you're the only one saying nonsense like I only do 1-25.

> > Why should i? Do you think i can read minds? And if i could, why would anyone bother with yours?

> >

> > >please think before assuming things that don't happen. I mostly run hc tactics and strict compositions to ensure maximum damage but then come poison strips the aegis at siax, or last laugh interrupts when I pull the adds when I need to stick to the boss or some flux bomb in the middle of rotation. those aren't healthy. those are considered bad RNG debuffs that aren't making it challenging at all and a bad design of stepping stones for raids.

> > So you're mad because instabilities require you to adapt to them? (Also you can always, for the most part, pick the version without the "bad" instabilities)

> > So you're complaining (like everyone knew you were) not, that it's too easy, but that the game actually wants you to use your brain, instead of pretty much running a macro.

> > You're crowing about completing Challenge mode without getting hit, and in the same breath complaining you can't dodge a flux bomb, or dodge a last laugh (or just get some stab and eat up the damage like a good boy).

> > >

> > > Why do you even explain me how it was in the past. I played way before you. I was playing since game release and grinded 30 40 and 50 in super hardcore stealth tactics. Please don't explain the obvious. You can survive with 140 AR and not getting hit once at 100 CM. I did it on alt account cuz i forgot to use a potion of AR. didn't get even down.

> >

> > I'm explaining, because unlike what you claim to be your history with the game, you apparently don't grasp the fact that Fractals are meant to be random, not static.

> > I'd rather have this basic, lazy RNG that at least gives fractals a small variance, than having them be entirely static.

> > Oh, and i've been playing the game since release as well (well actually since Betas, and pre-release), so it's kinda impossible for you to have started playing before me (in a relevant way at least).

> >

>

> So in all other games no downstate is stupid.

Other games aren't designed with downstate in mind, and have different ress mechanics.

> Who says fractals must be random in debuffs?

Their design? If you're going into the metaphysical, why are there fractals? Who said your opinion matters? I could go on into the origins of life and the Universe...

>1-25 not to get agonized it for new people to start gearing and learning the mechanics before engaging in agony.

That's 1-20, although, i kinda agree that people should be given a chance to play the lower tier without worrying about Infusions... Oh wait, they can, cause there's a thing called Tear of Alba, which pretty much covers it...

>If you think you don't get hit in T4 you're really mistaken. mobs will hit you and you'll get agonized because the debuff I suggest. so you prefer lazy RNG over an actual reasonable pre end game content.

I prefer variability to predictability... Your thing would mean everyone would get hit for the first couple months after the change, by then everyone would be exploiting it and finding out ways to work around it... (See Dungeons).

>You're lazy like anet who want only rewards and not real PvE experience that 1 mistake can lead to death.

I'm fine with being lazy... Intelligent lazy people usually come up with the best solutions to all problems, because hard-workers prefer to work hard than work smart. I'm the work smart kind of person.

>What do you mean adapt to RNG debuffs? there's nothing to adapt to lazy design such as flux bomb. all you do is move away, wow so hard.

That means you have to adapt your rotation to include that break... I guess you don't understand the meaning of adaptability.

>They're not challenging nor fun. Those instabilities shows the lack of creation of Fractals. If what I suggested would be in the game you'd feed on right and left and wipe your party for hours while I'd do it in the same speed with my group.

Says you. Although, yeah, without fixed groups, and lets face it GW2 isn't the best for fixed groups, it would be a bit nightmarish. So for the majority of people that PuG Fractals, it would simply mean they'd be quitting that content. But as long as it's better for you and your group.

Seriously, the world doesn't revolve around you, and until you realize that, and learn to think about the scope of the content, and the people that enjoy it, you'll keep making poorly thought up suggestions that will get shotdown by everyone, and require spamming the forums to defend your indefensible point of view.

>

> "And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple." - this just shows that you're one of those people who go down on people without knowing what they actually do and you think you're better. I as an OP wanted harder and suggested something harder for T4 and easier for T1 and you think I spend my time in T1. do you have any critical thinking skills?

I'm one of those people who go down on idiotic suggestions, and that has enough life experience to know how the human mind works, and predict people's behavior correctly 9 times out of 10, i guess you were the one i miss... Or at least you claim to be.

I have enough critical thinking skills for both of us, apparently.

PS: I love ad hominem, keep it coming!

> @"thrag.9740" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> >

> > So in all other games no downstate is stupid.

>

> No but in this one it sure is. Other games don't have countless traits, skills, profession mechanics, and a mastery based on the mechanic, this one does.

>

it has nothing to do with the argument. it's a simple mmorpg. masteries mean nothing. traits are part of build which any profession have. skills each game and its own but no one have downstate. there are games with harder mechanics.

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > > > It's quite amusing to observe the ideas regularly flouted by a few super hardcore players. I wonder whether they really believe that stuff like the first half of the post has the slightest chance of being implemented.

> > > > >

> > > > > The OP isn't even super hardcore... He's just spouting nonesense... And he probably just does 1-25...> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

> > > > >

> > > > > That only works in some Fractals, nor sure if it's even possible in 100, but i'll give you that. Try saying that in Mai Trin...

> > > > > That is actually how the mechanic worked... You're probably relatively new and didn't play Fractals when the only way to obtain Ascended gear was through playing Fractals with Agony without AR, since you needed to play lvl 10+ (Agony started at 10) to get ascended rings, but Agony also started at 10.

> > > > > So you'd have to learn to avoid the Agony-inducing hits (usually in the original Fractals, only specific boss hits would induce Agony - they later added automatic agony to some, like Solid Ocean) and play through those levels until you could actually equip AR on your rings.

> > > > > That's also why i'm confident taking people through some of the oldest Fractals at T3-T4 even without enough AR, because i can coach them through the Agony Inducing attacks. And i've done that a few times.

> > > > >

> > > > > The point of Agony is that either you play only select Fractals where Agony doesn't hit automatically from entering the boss Arena, and play flawlessly without getting hit by anything, or you play with enough AR to survive getting hit. That's the point of Agony, selecting players, and creating a barrier to entry and some gear progression in a game that had none when it was introduced.

> > > > >

> > > > > The RNG approach would be better if it was even more RNG... Originally Fractals were 100% random. One run was 3-4 Fractals (levels ending with 0 had a 4th "boss" fractal, and were the ones with actual rewards, as in those were the ones with the chance to drop Ascended), and the Fractals you'd play were entirely randomized, to the point that a lot of people would "re-roll" fractals until they'd hit Swamp, since swamp was the shortest fractal, so it was optimal to begin with that one.

> > > > > Honestly, the ideal situation for original intent of fractals would be entirely procedurally generated encounters and maps. That would be awesome.

> > > > > The point of instabilities isn't "just" making it harder, it's also making it a more varied experience. Fractals are meant to be random and unstable.

> > > >

> > > > Why do you assume I do 1-25 if I suggest instant death at T4?

> > > Well, because instant death at T4 is a stupid suggestion? And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple.

> > >

> > > >rerolling to swamp was a worse RNG system. anet now force you to play 3 fractals that will give you chest according to the day and not the option to choose swamp like in the past.

> > > Clearly you didn't grasp the fact that fractals are meant to be an unstable, random thing. Of course it was more RNG in the past, i said so myself.

> > >

> > > >You clearly have no idea what I actually play and you're the only one saying nonsense like I only do 1-25.

> > > Why should i? Do you think i can read minds? And if i could, why would anyone bother with yours?

> > >

> > > >please think before assuming things that don't happen. I mostly run hc tactics and strict compositions to ensure maximum damage but then come poison strips the aegis at siax, or last laugh interrupts when I pull the adds when I need to stick to the boss or some flux bomb in the middle of rotation. those aren't healthy. those are considered bad RNG debuffs that aren't making it challenging at all and a bad design of stepping stones for raids.

> > > So you're mad because instabilities require you to adapt to them? (Also you can always, for the most part, pick the version without the "bad" instabilities)

> > > So you're complaining (like everyone knew you were) not, that it's too easy, but that the game actually wants you to use your brain, instead of pretty much running a macro.

> > > You're crowing about completing Challenge mode without getting hit, and in the same breath complaining you can't dodge a flux bomb, or dodge a last laugh (or just get some stab and eat up the damage like a good boy).

> > > >

> > > > Why do you even explain me how it was in the past. I played way before you. I was playing since game release and grinded 30 40 and 50 in super hardcore stealth tactics. Please don't explain the obvious. You can survive with 140 AR and not getting hit once at 100 CM. I did it on alt account cuz i forgot to use a potion of AR. didn't get even down.

> > >

> > > I'm explaining, because unlike what you claim to be your history with the game, you apparently don't grasp the fact that Fractals are meant to be random, not static.

> > > I'd rather have this basic, lazy RNG that at least gives fractals a small variance, than having them be entirely static.

> > > Oh, and i've been playing the game since release as well (well actually since Betas, and pre-release), so it's kinda impossible for you to have started playing before me (in a relevant way at least).

> > >

> >

> > So in all other games no downstate is stupid.

> Other games aren't designed with downstate in mind, and have different ress mechanics.

>

> > Who says fractals must be random in debuffs?

> Their design? If you're going into the metaphysical, why are there fractals? Who said your opinion matters? I could go on into the origins of life and the Universe...

>

> >1-25 not to get agonized it for new people to start gearing and learning the mechanics before engaging in agony.

> That's 1-20, although, i kinda agree that people should be given a chance to play the lower tier without worrying about Infusions... Oh wait, they can, cause there's a thing called Tear of Alba, which pretty much covers it...

>

> >If you think you don't get hit in T4 you're really mistaken. mobs will hit you and you'll get agonized because the debuff I suggest. so you prefer lazy RNG over an actual reasonable pre end game content.

> I prefer variability to predictability... Your thing would mean everyone would get hit for the first couple months after the change, by then everyone would be exploiting it and finding out ways to work around it... (See Dungeons).

>

> >You're lazy like anet who want only rewards and not real PvE experience that 1 mistake can lead to death.

> I'm fine with being lazy... Intelligent lazy people usually come up with the best solutions to all problems, because hard-workers prefer to work hard than work smart. I'm the work smart kind of person.

>

> >What do you mean adapt to RNG debuffs? there's nothing to adapt to lazy design such as flux bomb. all you do is move away, wow so hard.

> That means you have to adapt your rotation to include that break... I guess you don't understand the meaning of adaptability.

> >They're not challenging nor fun. Those instabilities shows the lack of creation of Fractals. If what I suggested would be in the game you'd feed on right and left and wipe your party for hours while I'd do it in the same speed with my group.

>

> Says you. Although, yeah, without fixed groups, and lets face it GW2 isn't the best for fixed groups, it would be a bit nightmarish. So for the majority of people that PuG Fractals, it would simply mean they'd be quitting that content. But as long as it's better for you and your group.

>

> Seriously, the world doesn't revolve around you, and until you realize that, and learn to think about the scope of the content, and the people that enjoy it, you'll keep making poorly thought up suggestions that will get shotdown by everyone, and require spamming the forums to defend your indefensible point of view.

> >

> > "And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple." - this just shows that you're one of those people who go down on people without knowing what they actually do and you think you're better. I as an OP wanted harder and suggested something harder for T4 and easier for T1 and you think I spend my time in T1. do you have any critical thinking skills?

> I'm one of those people who go down on idiotic suggestions, and that has enough life experience to know how the human mind works, and predict people's behavior correctly 9 times out of 10, i guess you were the one i miss... Or at least you claim to be.

> I have enough critical thinking skills for both of us, apparently.

>

> PS: I love ad hominem, keep it coming!

your argument isn't defensible anyway. people won't quit the content. they'll strive to be better. it's the game design to make people lazy. you're not smart lazy but just lazy. nothing smart came. you gave no real solutions. all you do is give baseless defense to the current system but didn't really explained why it's ok. all you did is give the majority excuse while you know nothing about. WoW has no downstate and they have more people playing, why? people actually quit the content cuz it's RNG fiesta with no real challenge. what's there to adapt with those instabilities i don't understand. I gave a nice idea to improve the fractal experience all you did is defend the current unhealthy system. RNG fiesta isn't healthy for PvE content.

you have life experience to predict how human mind works? i don't believe you. and calling "having no critical thinking skills" as ad hominem but you didn't notice what you wrote and i pointed out why you have no critical thinking skills cuz I as OP suggested T4 harder for me and less RNG fiesta and you were thinking I do 1-25 cuz i suggest not for the new players to give 'em a chance to learn the mechanics before. it's not ad hominem I pointed how you didn't really think what i posted and assume I wanted something easier in the lowest levels which i don't ever do low levels.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> your argument isn't defensible anyway. people won't quit the content. they'll strive to be better.

With no down state, unlikely for pugs. For those who happen to have a static, maybe. What your suggestion will do is remove build diversity, thus kicking out those who like playing non-meta classes, meaning fewer people will join.

>it's the game design to make people lazy.

Not really, after all if the instabilities are causing people to have to adapt (and many do, like say last laugh or toxic trails) then they are not being lazy when they do adapt. In fact it is people complaining about having to adapt that are being lazy

>you're not smart lazy but just lazy. nothing smart came. you gave no real solutions.

Why should they have to give solutions? Disagreeing with you does not mean they have to give alternate solutions.

>all you do is give baseless defense to the current system but didn't really explained why it's ok.

And you have done little to nothing to support your proposed change.

> all you did is give the majority excuse while you know nothing about. \

Is this supposed to be saying something?

>WoW has no downstate and they have more people playing, why?

WOW is not gw2 it is irrelevent to this game, there is no reason to constantly bring it up, as they are intentionally different.

>people actually quit the content cuz it's RNG fiesta with no real challenge.

Since it has been rng fiesta for a very long time this comment makes no sense. If you mean when we got fixed instabilities with fixed fractals, people stopped doing them because they got boring since they where the same everytime

>what's there to adapt with those instabilities i don't understand.

Well let's see say you are doing 99CM with last laugh and are at mama. You have to adapt to having all the adds explode around or near you and maybe have to use up dodges that could cause issues later, or you can try and take the hit from those explosions and hope the healer will heal you up, or maybe you can blind the adds or provide aegis or something like that.

> gave a nice idea to improve the fractal experience all you did is defend the current unhealthy system. RNG fiesta isn't healthy for PvE content.

No you gave a really bad idea that makes fractals worse for the everyday t4 people as well as for pugs in general, and also makes fractals more boring since there is no variation from week to week. At least with changing instabilities we have some variation.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > > > > It's quite amusing to observe the ideas regularly flouted by a few super hardcore players. I wonder whether they really believe that stuff like the first half of the post has the slightest chance of being implemented.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The OP isn't even super hardcore... He's just spouting nonesense... And he probably just does 1-25...> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > > > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > > > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > > > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That only works in some Fractals, nor sure if it's even possible in 100, but i'll give you that. Try saying that in Mai Trin...

> > > > > > That is actually how the mechanic worked... You're probably relatively new and didn't play Fractals when the only way to obtain Ascended gear was through playing Fractals with Agony without AR, since you needed to play lvl 10+ (Agony started at 10) to get ascended rings, but Agony also started at 10.

> > > > > > So you'd have to learn to avoid the Agony-inducing hits (usually in the original Fractals, only specific boss hits would induce Agony - they later added automatic agony to some, like Solid Ocean) and play through those levels until you could actually equip AR on your rings.

> > > > > > That's also why i'm confident taking people through some of the oldest Fractals at T3-T4 even without enough AR, because i can coach them through the Agony Inducing attacks. And i've done that a few times.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The point of Agony is that either you play only select Fractals where Agony doesn't hit automatically from entering the boss Arena, and play flawlessly without getting hit by anything, or you play with enough AR to survive getting hit. That's the point of Agony, selecting players, and creating a barrier to entry and some gear progression in a game that had none when it was introduced.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The RNG approach would be better if it was even more RNG... Originally Fractals were 100% random. One run was 3-4 Fractals (levels ending with 0 had a 4th "boss" fractal, and were the ones with actual rewards, as in those were the ones with the chance to drop Ascended), and the Fractals you'd play were entirely randomized, to the point that a lot of people would "re-roll" fractals until they'd hit Swamp, since swamp was the shortest fractal, so it was optimal to begin with that one.

> > > > > > Honestly, the ideal situation for original intent of fractals would be entirely procedurally generated encounters and maps. That would be awesome.

> > > > > > The point of instabilities isn't "just" making it harder, it's also making it a more varied experience. Fractals are meant to be random and unstable.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why do you assume I do 1-25 if I suggest instant death at T4?

> > > > Well, because instant death at T4 is a stupid suggestion? And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple.

> > > >

> > > > >rerolling to swamp was a worse RNG system. anet now force you to play 3 fractals that will give you chest according to the day and not the option to choose swamp like in the past.

> > > > Clearly you didn't grasp the fact that fractals are meant to be an unstable, random thing. Of course it was more RNG in the past, i said so myself.

> > > >

> > > > >You clearly have no idea what I actually play and you're the only one saying nonsense like I only do 1-25.

> > > > Why should i? Do you think i can read minds? And if i could, why would anyone bother with yours?

> > > >

> > > > >please think before assuming things that don't happen. I mostly run hc tactics and strict compositions to ensure maximum damage but then come poison strips the aegis at siax, or last laugh interrupts when I pull the adds when I need to stick to the boss or some flux bomb in the middle of rotation. those aren't healthy. those are considered bad RNG debuffs that aren't making it challenging at all and a bad design of stepping stones for raids.

> > > > So you're mad because instabilities require you to adapt to them? (Also you can always, for the most part, pick the version without the "bad" instabilities)

> > > > So you're complaining (like everyone knew you were) not, that it's too easy, but that the game actually wants you to use your brain, instead of pretty much running a macro.

> > > > You're crowing about completing Challenge mode without getting hit, and in the same breath complaining you can't dodge a flux bomb, or dodge a last laugh (or just get some stab and eat up the damage like a good boy).

> > > > >

> > > > > Why do you even explain me how it was in the past. I played way before you. I was playing since game release and grinded 30 40 and 50 in super hardcore stealth tactics. Please don't explain the obvious. You can survive with 140 AR and not getting hit once at 100 CM. I did it on alt account cuz i forgot to use a potion of AR. didn't get even down.

> > > >

> > > > I'm explaining, because unlike what you claim to be your history with the game, you apparently don't grasp the fact that Fractals are meant to be random, not static.

> > > > I'd rather have this basic, lazy RNG that at least gives fractals a small variance, than having them be entirely static.

> > > > Oh, and i've been playing the game since release as well (well actually since Betas, and pre-release), so it's kinda impossible for you to have started playing before me (in a relevant way at least).

> > > >

> > >

> > > So in all other games no downstate is stupid.

> > Other games aren't designed with downstate in mind, and have different ress mechanics.

> >

> > > Who says fractals must be random in debuffs?

> > Their design? If you're going into the metaphysical, why are there fractals? Who said your opinion matters? I could go on into the origins of life and the Universe...

> >

> > >1-25 not to get agonized it for new people to start gearing and learning the mechanics before engaging in agony.

> > That's 1-20, although, i kinda agree that people should be given a chance to play the lower tier without worrying about Infusions... Oh wait, they can, cause there's a thing called Tear of Alba, which pretty much covers it...

> >

> > >If you think you don't get hit in T4 you're really mistaken. mobs will hit you and you'll get agonized because the debuff I suggest. so you prefer lazy RNG over an actual reasonable pre end game content.

> > I prefer variability to predictability... Your thing would mean everyone would get hit for the first couple months after the change, by then everyone would be exploiting it and finding out ways to work around it... (See Dungeons).

> >

> > >You're lazy like anet who want only rewards and not real PvE experience that 1 mistake can lead to death.

> > I'm fine with being lazy... Intelligent lazy people usually come up with the best solutions to all problems, because hard-workers prefer to work hard than work smart. I'm the work smart kind of person.

> >

> > >What do you mean adapt to RNG debuffs? there's nothing to adapt to lazy design such as flux bomb. all you do is move away, wow so hard.

> > That means you have to adapt your rotation to include that break... I guess you don't understand the meaning of adaptability.

> > >They're not challenging nor fun. Those instabilities shows the lack of creation of Fractals. If what I suggested would be in the game you'd feed on right and left and wipe your party for hours while I'd do it in the same speed with my group.

> >

> > Says you. Although, yeah, without fixed groups, and lets face it GW2 isn't the best for fixed groups, it would be a bit nightmarish. So for the majority of people that PuG Fractals, it would simply mean they'd be quitting that content. But as long as it's better for you and your group.

> >

> > Seriously, the world doesn't revolve around you, and until you realize that, and learn to think about the scope of the content, and the people that enjoy it, you'll keep making poorly thought up suggestions that will get shotdown by everyone, and require spamming the forums to defend your indefensible point of view.

> > >

> > > "And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple." - this just shows that you're one of those people who go down on people without knowing what they actually do and you think you're better. I as an OP wanted harder and suggested something harder for T4 and easier for T1 and you think I spend my time in T1. do you have any critical thinking skills?

> > I'm one of those people who go down on idiotic suggestions, and that has enough life experience to know how the human mind works, and predict people's behavior correctly 9 times out of 10, i guess you were the one i miss... Or at least you claim to be.

> > I have enough critical thinking skills for both of us, apparently.

> >

> > PS: I love ad hominem, keep it coming!

>

> your argument isn't defensible anyway. people won't quit the content. they'll strive to be better. it's the game design to make people lazy. you're not smart lazy but just lazy. nothing smart came.

So you're saying that as long as people play it, any argument against it is invalidated? Huh... I hope you see the irony in that.

> you gave no real solutions. all you do is give baseless defense to the current system but didn't really explained why it's ok. all you did is give the majority excuse while you know nothing about.

I gave no solutions, because i don't see a problem. I think Fractals should be random, if anything, like i said above, they would be awesome if they were procedurally generated (as in the whole map layout, bosses and everything would be randomized every-time).

>WoW has no downstate and they have more people playing, why?

Well, several reasons, name recognition, attachment to the brand... The game wasn't built with a downstate mechanic, it has a entirely different way to handle player death (aka corpse runs)...

>people actually quit the content cuz it's RNG fiesta with no real challenge.

Who quit it? You? Well, i guess you're people... I don't see any less LFGs than before. And if anything people might "quit" it for the same reason they're "quitting" everything else, the new Living world episode is delayed, so people are drifting away until new stuff gets added in.

>what's there to adapt with those instabilities i don't understand. I gave a nice idea to improve the fractal experience all you did is defend the current unhealthy system. RNG fiesta isn't healthy for PvE content.

Everything? You said it yourself, you have to dodge away from last laugh, you have to avoid stacking as much with Social awkwardness, toxic trails can be punishing if you stand inside the boss (like a lot of phisical cleave dpsers need to), etc. You need to adapt to all those circumstances.

>

> you have life experience to predict how human mind works? i don't believe you. and calling "having no critical thinking skills" as ad hominem but you didn't notice what you wrote and i pointed out why you have no critical thinking skills cuz I as OP suggested T4 harder for me and less RNG fiesta and you were thinking I do 1-25 cuz i suggest not for the new players to give 'em a chance to learn the mechanics before. it's not ad hominem I pointed how you didn't really think what i posted and assume I wanted something easier in the lowest levels which i don't ever do low levels.

1) Sorry if i misinterpreted what you said once... Then again, it's hard to understand you at times, like this whole last paragraph.

2) You don't seem to know what either critical thinking or arguing ad hominem means. There's online dictionaries now a days, maybe try them.

3) Just because **you** think it's a good idea, and **you** don't like the RNG, it doesn't mean that **you**'re right.. Actually, like this thread kinda proves, by the fact that you're constantly double posting to "defend" your argument, you aren't.

Arena Net has indicated clearly that they want fractals to have a degree of randomness and instability... They used to randomize instabilities manually, and just recently added a system to make them randomize automatically...

Your idea is against the interest of most people, it's against Arena Net's design, what else do you need for you to understand it **isn't** a good idea? A mandate from the Pope?

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > > > > > > > It's quite amusing to observe the ideas regularly flouted by a few super hardcore players. I wonder whether they really believe that stuff like the first half of the post has the slightest chance of being implemented.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The OP isn't even super hardcore... He's just spouting nonesense... And he probably just does 1-25...> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"thrag.9740" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > 1-25 no debuffs

> > > > > > > > > > > > 26-50, fractal avenger, get agony stack for 3 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 20s

> > > > > > > > > > > > 51-75 fractal vindicators, get agony stack for 4 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 12s

> > > > > > > > > > > > 76-100 no down state (die if hit 0 hp), get agony stack for 5 seconds after a hit from any monster/boss ICD 7s

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > 99 and 100 will have set of 3 boons every 20s, might, protection and fury.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I know a lot of you don't remember this, but there was a time when the only thing you needed for a good fractal run was a single ps warrior running fgj+2 banners, the rest could just be dps builds, and the group would be fairly good. It made grouping so much easier. Now you need a chrono for boon strips + boon share, druid for healing stupid almost passive damage like toxic trails and social awkwardness + might/fury, and bs warrior for banners, its awful.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > In fact, didn't this game use to advertise minimizing "waiting to play".....

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "We don't like sitting around spamming 'looking for healer' to global chat," Peters said. "That feels an awful lot like preparing to have fun instead of having fun."

> > > > > > > > > > > https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-has-no-healers-or-tanks

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > As long as I'm ranting, didn't gw2 once strive to be an mmo where you didn't hate having other players around you?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "We really wanted every player, when they see another player, to be happy to see that other player," Cartwright said.

> > > > > > > > > > > "We ask, 'Is there any reason why I dislike another player?' And if we ever have that feeling, we get in a room and we talk about it."

> > > > > > > > > > > https://kotaku.com/5945347/guild-wars-2s-subtle-mind-control-makes-me-actually-like-other-people

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > So no thx op, no to any of that cancer. How about we completely get rid of social awkwardness and agony, and if we want to make bosses more difficult, we give them single well telegraphed attacks that one shot players, or the players will dodge using the active defense system this game was built around, instead of continuing to add small sustained damage that encourages healers. Healers are great in raids, but that is where the entire concept should have stayed.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > who said anything about healers? you could use deadeye as might source instead a druid. you just want to get rid of the debuffs without anything to give in exchange? telegraphed aoes? maybe learn boss animations?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I may be the first one to say the word 'healers', but your suggestions are the ones pushing them. What do you think the response to no down state is? Its overhealing. Downstate allows everyone in the game to be a healer,which was the original goal, and it allows the party comps to be more flexible, your suggestion makes it worse.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I never said nothing in exchange. I said give the bosses one shot attacks. Many of the bosses do not hit that hard anymore, instead using a lower sustained damage approach, which is the approach you counter with a healer. Single spike damages are the things you counter with active defenses such as dodges/blinds/cc/aegis, you know the things this game was once centered around? Your pushing for more sustained damage by putting permanent agony on everyone. No thx.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > so what's the point in agony. did you know i passed 100 cm without getting downed evem once with 140 agony, not getting hit by agony even once? means something is wrong. agony has to hit you over time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That only works in some Fractals, nor sure if it's even possible in 100, but i'll give you that. Try saying that in Mai Trin...

> > > > > > > That is actually how the mechanic worked... You're probably relatively new and didn't play Fractals when the only way to obtain Ascended gear was through playing Fractals with Agony without AR, since you needed to play lvl 10+ (Agony started at 10) to get ascended rings, but Agony also started at 10.

> > > > > > > So you'd have to learn to avoid the Agony-inducing hits (usually in the original Fractals, only specific boss hits would induce Agony - they later added automatic agony to some, like Solid Ocean) and play through those levels until you could actually equip AR on your rings.

> > > > > > > That's also why i'm confident taking people through some of the oldest Fractals at T3-T4 even without enough AR, because i can coach them through the Agony Inducing attacks. And i've done that a few times.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The point of Agony is that either you play only select Fractals where Agony doesn't hit automatically from entering the boss Arena, and play flawlessly without getting hit by anything, or you play with enough AR to survive getting hit. That's the point of Agony, selecting players, and creating a barrier to entry and some gear progression in a game that had none when it was introduced.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The RNG approach would be better if it was even more RNG... Originally Fractals were 100% random. One run was 3-4 Fractals (levels ending with 0 had a 4th "boss" fractal, and were the ones with actual rewards, as in those were the ones with the chance to drop Ascended), and the Fractals you'd play were entirely randomized, to the point that a lot of people would "re-roll" fractals until they'd hit Swamp, since swamp was the shortest fractal, so it was optimal to begin with that one.

> > > > > > > Honestly, the ideal situation for original intent of fractals would be entirely procedurally generated encounters and maps. That would be awesome.

> > > > > > > The point of instabilities isn't "just" making it harder, it's also making it a more varied experience. Fractals are meant to be random and unstable.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why do you assume I do 1-25 if I suggest instant death at T4?

> > > > > Well, because instant death at T4 is a stupid suggestion? And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple.

> > > > >

> > > > > >rerolling to swamp was a worse RNG system. anet now force you to play 3 fractals that will give you chest according to the day and not the option to choose swamp like in the past.

> > > > > Clearly you didn't grasp the fact that fractals are meant to be an unstable, random thing. Of course it was more RNG in the past, i said so myself.

> > > > >

> > > > > >You clearly have no idea what I actually play and you're the only one saying nonsense like I only do 1-25.

> > > > > Why should i? Do you think i can read minds? And if i could, why would anyone bother with yours?

> > > > >

> > > > > >please think before assuming things that don't happen. I mostly run hc tactics and strict compositions to ensure maximum damage but then come poison strips the aegis at siax, or last laugh interrupts when I pull the adds when I need to stick to the boss or some flux bomb in the middle of rotation. those aren't healthy. those are considered bad RNG debuffs that aren't making it challenging at all and a bad design of stepping stones for raids.

> > > > > So you're mad because instabilities require you to adapt to them? (Also you can always, for the most part, pick the version without the "bad" instabilities)

> > > > > So you're complaining (like everyone knew you were) not, that it's too easy, but that the game actually wants you to use your brain, instead of pretty much running a macro.

> > > > > You're crowing about completing Challenge mode without getting hit, and in the same breath complaining you can't dodge a flux bomb, or dodge a last laugh (or just get some stab and eat up the damage like a good boy).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why do you even explain me how it was in the past. I played way before you. I was playing since game release and grinded 30 40 and 50 in super hardcore stealth tactics. Please don't explain the obvious. You can survive with 140 AR and not getting hit once at 100 CM. I did it on alt account cuz i forgot to use a potion of AR. didn't get even down.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm explaining, because unlike what you claim to be your history with the game, you apparently don't grasp the fact that Fractals are meant to be random, not static.

> > > > > I'd rather have this basic, lazy RNG that at least gives fractals a small variance, than having them be entirely static.

> > > > > Oh, and i've been playing the game since release as well (well actually since Betas, and pre-release), so it's kinda impossible for you to have started playing before me (in a relevant way at least).

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So in all other games no downstate is stupid.

> > > Other games aren't designed with downstate in mind, and have different ress mechanics.

> > >

> > > > Who says fractals must be random in debuffs?

> > > Their design? If you're going into the metaphysical, why are there fractals? Who said your opinion matters? I could go on into the origins of life and the Universe...

> > >

> > > >1-25 not to get agonized it for new people to start gearing and learning the mechanics before engaging in agony.

> > > That's 1-20, although, i kinda agree that people should be given a chance to play the lower tier without worrying about Infusions... Oh wait, they can, cause there's a thing called Tear of Alba, which pretty much covers it...

> > >

> > > >If you think you don't get hit in T4 you're really mistaken. mobs will hit you and you'll get agonized because the debuff I suggest. so you prefer lazy RNG over an actual reasonable pre end game content.

> > > I prefer variability to predictability... Your thing would mean everyone would get hit for the first couple months after the change, by then everyone would be exploiting it and finding out ways to work around it... (See Dungeons).

> > >

> > > >You're lazy like anet who want only rewards and not real PvE experience that 1 mistake can lead to death.

> > > I'm fine with being lazy... Intelligent lazy people usually come up with the best solutions to all problems, because hard-workers prefer to work hard than work smart. I'm the work smart kind of person.

> > >

> > > >What do you mean adapt to RNG debuffs? there's nothing to adapt to lazy design such as flux bomb. all you do is move away, wow so hard.

> > > That means you have to adapt your rotation to include that break... I guess you don't understand the meaning of adaptability.

> > > >They're not challenging nor fun. Those instabilities shows the lack of creation of Fractals. If what I suggested would be in the game you'd feed on right and left and wipe your party for hours while I'd do it in the same speed with my group.

> > >

> > > Says you. Although, yeah, without fixed groups, and lets face it GW2 isn't the best for fixed groups, it would be a bit nightmarish. So for the majority of people that PuG Fractals, it would simply mean they'd be quitting that content. But as long as it's better for you and your group.

> > >

> > > Seriously, the world doesn't revolve around you, and until you realize that, and learn to think about the scope of the content, and the people that enjoy it, you'll keep making poorly thought up suggestions that will get shotdown by everyone, and require spamming the forums to defend your indefensible point of view.

> > > >

> > > > "And since you actually asked for no instabilities pre 25, one must assume that's where you spend your time. Simple." - this just shows that you're one of those people who go down on people without knowing what they actually do and you think you're better. I as an OP wanted harder and suggested something harder for T4 and easier for T1 and you think I spend my time in T1. do you have any critical thinking skills?

> > > I'm one of those people who go down on idiotic suggestions, and that has enough life experience to know how the human mind works, and predict people's behavior correctly 9 times out of 10, i guess you were the one i miss... Or at least you claim to be.

> > > I have enough critical thinking skills for both of us, apparently.

> > >

> > > PS: I love ad hominem, keep it coming!

> >

> > your argument isn't defensible anyway. people won't quit the content. they'll strive to be better. it's the game design to make people lazy. you're not smart lazy but just lazy. nothing smart came.

> So you're saying that as long as people play it, any argument against it is invalidated? Huh... I hope you see the irony in that.

>

> > you gave no real solutions. all you do is give baseless defense to the current system but didn't really explained why it's ok. all you did is give the majority excuse while you know nothing about.

> I gave no solutions, because i don't see a problem. I think Fractals should be random, if anything, like i said above, they would be awesome if they were procedurally generated (as in the whole map layout, bosses and everything would be randomized every-time).

> >WoW has no downstate and they have more people playing, why?

> Well, several reasons, name recognition, attachment to the brand... The game wasn't built with a downstate mechanic, it has a entirely different way to handle player death (aka corpse runs)...

>

> >people actually quit the content cuz it's RNG fiesta with no real challenge.

> Who quit it? You? Well, i guess you're people... I don't see any less LFGs than before. And if anything people might "quit" it for the same reason they're "quitting" everything else, the new Living world episode is delayed, so people are drifting away until new stuff gets added in.

>

> >what's there to adapt with those instabilities i don't understand. I gave a nice idea to improve the fractal experience all you did is defend the current unhealthy system. RNG fiesta isn't healthy for PvE content.

> Everything? You said it yourself, you have to dodge away from last laugh, you have to avoid stacking as much with Social awkwardness, toxic trails can be punishing if you stand inside the boss (like a lot of phisical cleave dpsers need to), etc. You need to adapt to all those circumstances.

> >

> > you have life experience to predict how human mind works? i don't believe you. and calling "having no critical thinking skills" as ad hominem but you didn't notice what you wrote and i pointed out why you have no critical thinking skills cuz I as OP suggested T4 harder for me and less RNG fiesta and you were thinking I do 1-25 cuz i suggest not for the new players to give 'em a chance to learn the mechanics before. it's not ad hominem I pointed how you didn't really think what i posted and assume I wanted something easier in the lowest levels which i don't ever do low levels.

> 1) Sorry if i misinterpreted what you said once... Then again, it's hard to understand you at times, like this whole last paragraph.

> 2) You don't seem to know what either critical thinking or arguing ad hominem means. There's online dictionaries now a days, maybe try them.

> 3) Just because **you** think it's a good idea, and **you** don't like the RNG, it doesn't mean that **you**'re right.. Actually, like this thread kinda proves, by the fact that you're constantly double posting to "defend" your argument, you aren't.

>

> Arena Net has indicated clearly that they want fractals to have a degree of randomness and instability... They used to randomize instabilities manually, and just recently added a system to make them randomize automatically...

> Your idea is against the interest of most people, it's against Arena Net's design, what else do you need for you to understand it **isn't** a good idea? A mandate from the Pope?

do you have a source they wanted to have random instabilities? they just put it, and that's why i suggested to replace it with something else. also even if they want it in the game and it was they original intent, is it healthy to end game PvE? no. I do see less LFG and a lot of my friend quit doing fractals cuz they're not really challenging anymore and just RNG fiesta. I've no issues with toxic trail but it strips the aegis i need to give the players and they die. those random things aren't challenging but annoying. are they hard? no. do you need to adapt? not so much, you just either move or dodge or something. is it fun? no. is it annoying? yes. If you're fine with how it is then you have no sense of real end game pve content. maintaining the game around casuals just won't give 'em enough funds to give the other "hc" people the content they want to keep 'em in the game. just look. more than half year and what do you have. a single wing from PoF with 2 bosses and 2 events that give you boss rewards and they're not even bosses. If you really think you have to adapt to the RNG fiesta then you're mistaken. it's not hard but just annoying.

your argument isn't defensable because you only give the excuse the people still play it. they don't play it for the sake of the fractals. they do it for the reward and to farm. if you make it harder. half of those casual that will have hard time and take ages to do it won't do it again or will force to learn. just look at the raids. a lot of new players that just were thrown to raids without understanding their class or the meaning of the builds gave up on raiding. but it did bring people that wanted endgame.

i mean look, in the end raids aren't really rewarding cuz you do full clear once a week and that's it. fracs on the other hand you do daily and get over 20g. you make more gold from fractals than raids so more people do fracs. i saw complaining of casuals you saw elitism came to fracs. but then you see other people who got bored from fracs and just quit that content and proceeded to raid. but then raid became repeatitive and people will quit the game anyway and all anet have is to maintain the casual base but not bringing the other players back. that's why you have majority of people casuals cuz most of the competitive people quit the game. so i just wanted to make more punishing with agony and T4 to remove downstate so people will work more on their defenses and at the same time to work on the dps to avoid the pressure of the boss.

I also to forgot to mention to add more health to the bosses. And i said to improve the mechanics in the post of all fracs except 87 99 and 100 cuz they're in nice design if they can add more mechanic to those cool i'm up to it, however if you add random instabilities that just make things annoying then it's no really healthy pve.

also i see more casual and less strict lfg posts in T4.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> your argument isn't defensable because you only give the excuse the people still play it. they don't play it for the sake of the fractals. they do it for the reward and to farm. if you make it harder. half of those casual that will have hard time and take ages to do it won't do it again or will force to learn. just look at the raids. a lot of new players that just were thrown to raids without understanding their class or the meaning of the builds gave up on raiding. but it did bring people that wanted endgame.

> i mean look, in the end raids aren't really rewarding cuz you do full clear once a week and that's it. fracs on the other hand you do daily and get over 20g. you make more gold from fractals than raids so more people do fracs. i saw complaining of casuals you saw elitism came to fracs. but then you see other people who got bored from fracs and just quit that content and proceeded to raid. but then raid became repeatitive and people will quit the game anyway and all anet have is to maintain the casual base but not bringing the other players back. that's why you have majority of people casuals cuz most of the competitive people quit the game. so i just wanted to make more punishing with agony and T4 to remove downstate so people will work more on their defenses and at the same time to work on the dps to avoid the pressure of the boss.

> I also to forgot to mention to add more health to the bosses. And i said to improve the mechanics in the post of all fracs except 87 99 and 100 cuz they're in nice design if they can add more mechanic to those cool i'm up to it, however if you add random instabilities that just make things annoying then it's no really healthy pve.

>

> also i see more casual and less strict lfg posts in T4.

People still play dungeons afterall, and they are *VERY* easy.

You do realize that driving large portions of the player base away from content isnt a good idea, right? Without a dungeon team to work on dungeons players that used to do dungeons like myself moved onto fractals. id /rather/ do dungeons, but they are dead and groups can take hours to form.

If anet just has to maintain the casual player base, then making content harder is not the way to go. Keeping it as it is, is better for them, and i think it is as well. Id rather have a different raid at every bloody tier than make them stupid freaking hard with large HP pools and /more/ damage from the mobs, of which right now can currently instantly kill/down my Ele.

the point of having agony resist is to /avoid/ the damage of agony in its entirety. if you /dont/ have agony, you die. If you get hit by agony attacks.

Its not really health PVE if you make it stupid fucking hard either, look at Hot when it first came out, large portions of the player base where upset, left, and in the end it got nerfed, not once, but twice, and you want to make the *ONLY* instanced content even remotely able to be done by average players harder because *YOU* think they are to easy and boring? Just no.

Seeing more casual posts and less strict LFG posts in t4s is a good thing, it means large portions of the playerbase are able to do them and thats healthy game play. making content so hard that only "good" players can do it, isnt healthy. It makes the game overly toxic, see raids for an example of that, and its something i dont want to see. I remember when certain classes werent allowed in dungeons, i dont want to see that again, and thats exactly what would happen. Its already happening to a lesser extent due to raids, its bad enough as it is.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

>

> > your argument isn't defensable because you only give the excuse the people still play it. they don't play it for the sake of the fractals. they do it for the reward and to farm. if you make it harder. half of those casual that will have hard time and take ages to do it won't do it again or will force to learn. just look at the raids. a lot of new players that just were thrown to raids without understanding their class or the meaning of the builds gave up on raiding. but it did bring people that wanted endgame.

> > i mean look, in the end raids aren't really rewarding cuz you do full clear once a week and that's it. fracs on the other hand you do daily and get over 20g. you make more gold from fractals than raids so more people do fracs. i saw complaining of casuals you saw elitism came to fracs. but then you see other people who got bored from fracs and just quit that content and proceeded to raid. but then raid became repeatitive and people will quit the game anyway and all anet have is to maintain the casual base but not bringing the other players back. that's why you have majority of people casuals cuz most of the competitive people quit the game. so i just wanted to make more punishing with agony and T4 to remove downstate so people will work more on their defenses and at the same time to work on the dps to avoid the pressure of the boss.

> > I also to forgot to mention to add more health to the bosses. And i said to improve the mechanics in the post of all fracs except 87 99 and 100 cuz they're in nice design if they can add more mechanic to those cool i'm up to it, however if you add random instabilities that just make things annoying then it's no really healthy pve.

> >

> > also i see more casual and less strict lfg posts in T4.

>

> People still play dungeons afterall, and they are *VERY* easy.

>

> You do realize that driving large portions of the player base away from content isnt a good idea, right? Without a dungeon team to work on dungeons players that used to do dungeons like myself moved onto fractals. id /rather/ do dungeons, but they are dead and groups can take hours to form.

>

> If anet just has to maintain the casual player base, then making content harder is not the way to go. Keeping it as it is, is better for them, and i think it is as well. Id rather have a different raid at every bloody tier than make them stupid freaking hard with large HP pools and /more/ damage from the mobs, of which right now can currently instantly kill/down my Ele.

>

> the point of having agony resist is to /avoid/ the damage of agony in its entirety. if you /dont/ have agony, you die. If you get hit by agony attacks.

>

> Its not really health PVE if you make it stupid kitten hard either, look at Hot when it first came out, large portions of the player base where upset, left, and in the end it got nerfed, not once, but twice, and you want to make the *ONLY* instanced content even remotely able to be done by average players harder because *YOU* think they are to easy and boring? Just no.

>

> Seeing more casual posts and less strict LFG posts in t4s is a good thing, it means large portions of the playerbase are able to do them and thats healthy game play. making content so hard that only "good" players can do it, isnt healthy. It makes the game overly toxic, see raids for an example of that, and its something i dont want to see. I remember when certain classes werent allowed in dungeons, i dont want to see that again, and thats exactly what would happen. Its already happening to a lesser extent due to raids, its bad enough as it is.

"look at Hot when it first came out, large portions of the player base where upset, left, and in the end it got nerfed, not once, but twice, and you want to make the ONLY instanced content even remotely able to be done by average players harder because YOU think they are to easy and boring? Just no."

people left cuz they realized they're not good and only want rewards in easy way.

i still don't see what's the point maintaining casual player base if they only come for rewards and not really enjoy the pressure of pve on 'em. you lose more players by maintaining the casual player base cuz the hc players just get tired of boring content. When hot was realized and i saw a lot of dead people I was so happy. i was like "yes all are dead, fail and learn yer class" it gave me a good feeling having something really unique and challenging and then the desert came wish I fell asleep and didn't bother doing it anymore. HoT at the start was best idea. whoever disagreed was a really bad player who came just for the rewards and skins and nothing else. he didn't come to play and feel the excitement of the game.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> i still don't see what's the point maintaining casual player base if they only come for rewards and not really enjoy the pressure of pve on 'em. you lose more players by maintaining the casual player base cuz the hc players just get tired of boring content.

Welp, WildStar is [======> over there](https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/) demonstrating what happens when you do that. Big 40-person raids, hard requirements, endgame content intended for a tiny minority...

Hope you enjoy your time there, even if they have backed off a little on that position because it turns out, y'all wrong about what you really want, and all the people literally begging for a developer to make things hard ... didn't like hard content.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > i still don't see what's the point maintaining casual player base if they only come for rewards and not really enjoy the pressure of pve on 'em. you lose more players by maintaining the casual player base cuz the hc players just get tired of boring content.

>

> Welp, WildStar is [======> over there](https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/) demonstrating what happens when you do that. Big 40-person raids, hard requirements, endgame content intended for a tiny minority...

>

> Hope you enjoy your time there, even if they have backed off a little on that position because it turns out, y'all wrong about what you really want, and all the people literally begging for a developer to make things hard ... didn't like hard content.

WS marketing was on the floor and they wanted monthly payment. people don't want to pay monthly. and the free version limits you hard. people want b2p once and can buy expansions and to support 'em via cosmetics like gemstore we have if the game is good. WS has a lot of potential but now game is dead and no one tries to come back cuz no people there. no idea how WoW still survives after recycling the same thing over and over. 40 man raid is too many. 10-20 is enough. above that is just so much waste of time trying to find people. I personally enjoyed WS but somehow forgot about it cuz my friend quit for no reason and didn't want to play alone. too bad the gaming industry only cares about money and not the players.

I played Wildstar, I doubt it failed because of the difficulty

It failed because it didnt have enough content for monthly sub, many bugs and broken promises on content drops

After two weeks in that game it was already down to doing daily grinds to prepare for raids because I had completed every single quest and dungeon

The raids were probably the highest quality in any MMO I played so far