Condi Renegade without viper armor

oOAvengerOo.6714

Hi everyone,

I play Rev for some time now, despite all the hate because it's average on everything but top tier in nothing, and I used only power Herald build. Today I want to change a bit and I want to try condi Renegade but I don't have viper armor set.

So while leveling my crafting and then craft viper armor what's the best alternative to viper for condi Renegade ?

I was thinking about rampager or carion, or a mix of both. I don't know if I need to much precision but at the same time rampager is the closest set to viper.

Thanks for your help

Sinister is the closest set to Viper, just lacking expertise. You can get the recipes from silverwastes.

And the sinister trinkets can be gotten from ls2 achs. Though while you can also choose sinister from the ls3 merchant trinkets, those also have viper available for neck, back, rings and earrings.

Really either is fine/whatever...

There is no real substitute for Expertise because it is the single most important stat for scaling a condi build. I'd just go with whatever is cheaper on the TP.

If you really wanna min/max, I guess do Rampager>Carrion>Rabid/Dire/Shamans... I would say Sinister, but it's actually even more of a pain in the kitten to craft the Viper is, so it's sorta insta-ruled out.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> Really either is fine/whatever...

>

> There is no real substitute for Expertise because it is the single most important stat for scaling a condi build. I'd just go with whatever is cheaper on the TP.

> If you really wanna min/max, I guess do Rampager>Carrion>Rabid/Dire/Shamans... I would say Sinister, but it's actually even more of a pain in the kitten to craft the Viper is, so it's sorta insta-ruled out.

Yes I checked for Sinister and it seems hard to get as you said. I will go with Rampager I think. And if I struggle with survivability I will take some Carrion pieces. And by the way I think you can buy Rampager armor set with Karma if I'm not mistaken so it is very cheap (but I will check on the wiki).

Do you WvW at all? Triumphant armor can pick Vipers, and for the most part you don't need Asc armor to make it work. Sinisters is a rough choice because it uses Charged Quartz..... which are account bound, and can only produce one per day. Better to go straight to Vipers, and save the charged quartz for something else.

If you have existing Asc armor, you can always convert it to Vipers rather then crafting a new set (and a supply of black diamonds to craft the insignia). Trinkets are best gotten from LS3 maps, since most are pretty farmable over the course of several days.