More Customizable UI?

Hello everyone, i was just sitting here watching some Gw2 streams on twitch and i was thinking, why can't we customize the ui more?

I can't actually find any reasons for it, it doesn't have to be a huge change

**Things i would like to be customizable**

1. The art/painting surrounding everything - Now i know that there's a program that can remove this, but it really should be something that is in the game, and not something external

2. Deattach and move individual skill icons - This is includes, Utility Skills, Weapon Skills, Profession specific skills ( Shatters on Mesmer, Pet commands on Ranger, Adrenaline on Warrior, etc) and ofcourse the health bar, which i know isn't exactly a skill icon, but it would be nice to have that be customizable, just make a few options to rescale, maybe different shapes like, Pentagon, square,etc.

3. re-adjust size of every element of the ui individually - This includes all of the beforementioned parts of the UI and "shortcuts", meaning the icons in the top left corner, the "quest" texts, encounter texts, event texts etc, and ofcourse the Buff/Boon bar on top of the utility skills, this is something i would love to be able to resize, and ( Referring to the previous point #2 ) move around freely

Thank you for reading this, tell me what you think, and let's help get this to the devs!

Kind Regards. Gambutt :)

Have a nice day! :)

> @"Gambit.6210" said:

> Hello everyone, i was just sitting here watching some Gw2 streams on twitch and i was thinking, why can't we customize the ui more?

Because building a customizable UI is relatively expensive. I very much doubt that ANet will be more inclined to invest in it now than they were over the last six years, but it is a reasonable wish.

> I can't actually find any reasons for it, it doesn't have to be a huge change

It is inherently a huge change. There is an enormous amount of "under the hood" complexity in making what you describe happen, because of the nature of UI design and building in games. ...or, at least, it almost certainly is. Almost every engine offering this has significant amounts of code complexity to support this. It is highly unlikely that GW2 is any different.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't ask for it, just that you shouldn't speculate too much about the cost of what you want, as without working on their code, because you can't know. (Neither can I, but I can make an informed guess based on similar systems.)