Issue with Mouse 2

Hello,

I've recently returned to GW2 and I'm having problems with my mouse 2. When it comes to MMORPGs, I've always used mouse 1 to turn my camera and mouse 2 for controlling the direction that I'm facing. The issue that I'm having is that when I use mouse 2 to steer, it intermittently cuts out until I re-click my mouse 2. This is incredibly frustrating.

I've checked to make sure that I'm running the most recent video and mouse drivers, Windows 10 is up to date, etc.. Additionally I've tried changing video and mouse settings in game but this problem still exist.

I'm not a big fan of the action cam and would really appreciate help with rectifying this issue.

Thank you.

Well there is an option called something in line with "Use either mouse button for something something". Checking that option will let you use mouse1 for steering, however you will lose the ability to look around while moving, because the mouse button functions do not swap.

> @"Kabbal.2819" said:

> I've recently returned to GW2 and I'm having problems with my mouse 2. When it comes to MMORPGs, I've always used mouse 1 to turn my camera and mouse 2 for controlling the direction that I'm facing. The issue that I'm having is that when I use mouse 2 to steer, it intermittently cuts out until I re-click my mouse 2. This is incredibly frustrating.

>

> I'm not a big fan of the action cam and would really appreciate help with rectifying this issue.

Unfortunately for you, this is highly unlikely to be a software issue, and is not a GW2 specific software issue -- it doesn't do anything that might cause that.

Your best bet is probably to replace the mouse, I'm afraid. I'd certainly suggest testing with a different one, to make sure you check for the possibility.

(The mouse I had before my current one failed exactly as you describe, only on the left button. I noticed pretty quickly because trying to drag and drop things was ... pretty obviously broken.)