Suggestion: Ability Skins

I've seen this in some other games and considering how ability appearances can change somewhat with legendary weapons, it seems some of the framework is already there perhaps.

I recently made a Sylvari necromancer, am loving the class but the thought occurred to me that you could also raise dead plant creatures, bramble golem(flesh golem), branch fiends(bone fiend), sap fiend(Blood feind), twig fiend (bone minions) etc. and it would still be necromancy, wouldn't it? If you're an engineer you could have the turrets look like they're built by the different races, weapon skills could get new flashy effects, the list goes on.

You could do a lot with different ability skins, as seen in other games, and personally it would be something I'd be willing to pay for in the gem store, if that helps :)

This came up recently; my contribution is this:

There is a surprisingly huge amount of work required to make the game engine support this. Enough, I suspect, that it makes it impractically expensive to implement, compared to the returns they would see from selling the cosmetic effects. So, don't get your hopes up.

OTOH, I'd be very happy with this, so I would be super-pleased to be proved wrong on this one. :)