Out of Range Indicator Improvement Designs

> @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > @"thehipone.6812" said:

> > Current one is fine. Only issue is that you basically need to be told that it is there. The problem with doing that ingame is that nobody stops to read anything, but hint on the first usage of a skill that is out of range would be appropriate. If people don't read it then it's on them.

> > The proposed ideas seem visually noisy and look unattractive in my opinion.

>

> I am personally used to having overlays on skills be it from other MMOs or addons from when I played WoW. These are actually quite normal. Though I do like @"Elden Arnaas.4870" Idea of graying skills out is actually typical UX/UI design of showing something is disabled or not usable.

Oh yeah I forgot that in WoW that skills grey out when not in range. But what else is needed?

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> I am a little confused about the whole issue. What is your problem with the range notification again? That's where I am not understanding the OP. The OP mentioned another two MMOs but didn't say what MMOs he or she is talking about to get any idea what this problem is.

The issue is it is barely noticeable unless you get told it is there. On larger resolution monitors it becomes more unnoticeable even with UI scaling.

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"omgdracula.6345" said:

> > > @"thehipone.6812" said:

> > > Current one is fine. Only issue is that you basically need to be told that it is there. The problem with doing that ingame is that nobody stops to read anything, but hint on the first usage of a skill that is out of range would be appropriate. If people don't read it then it's on them.

> > > The proposed ideas seem visually noisy and look unattractive in my opinion.

> >

> > I am personally used to having overlays on skills be it from other MMOs or addons from when I played WoW. These are actually quite normal. Though I do like @"Elden Arnaas.4870" Idea of graying skills out is actually typical UX/UI design of showing something is disabled or not usable.

>

> Oh yeah I forgot that in WoW that skills grey out when not in range. But what else is needed?

The favored UX would be to fade out skills not in range in GW2 as well instead of the red line that is hard to see especially if your profession skins use a lot of red.