What is balance?

Maybe i get hate mith this comment but imo a problem is, that many people stuck to the meta builds like there is no other options and when that builds fails "the whole class" is unbalanced or the others are to strong...

After a patch i suddenly failed match after match, i haven't complained much, i have reworked my build and now im fine

Sure situations change after balancing patches but you should at least change with them instead of crying. It also seems like many know well about their build but not their class.

> @"Marxx.5021" said:

> > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > it's whatever the current balance team takes months to do but fails at doing every time

>

> Balance team does PvE class balance. There is nobody who does real balancing for PvP.

They still failed necros and deadeyes there with the recent patch, and likely eles too once meteor gets fixed. Also, chrono druid banner war still a thing.

Balance is relative to the game type and what you want to accomplish.

I would be 100% down for 50% victory regardless of matchup on even footing, but we do not balance for 1v1s; we balance for conquest.

If something is strong but can easily be dogged, or read leading to a downhill fight for it, having it die or run away; that is more or less fine in conquest.

If something can live forever on a point, and everything else slowly die to it; that is imbalanced.

If something can troll a point safely and win every fight from saftey even if temporarily losing the point; that is imbalanced.

For me, balance is when I can sit down and seriously think over what utilities or weapons I want to use for a build without immediately writing things off as useless. It's the opposite of how you can see a class like revenant and immediately know that if they aren't running the generic glint/shiro build they are useless.