Thief question

Babadook.9027

Just came back recently myself but from what I've seen, core D/D thief (https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_DPS_Dagger/Dagger) is doing just fine compared to other thief specs. I've run it in through PoF story and had no issues. Shortbow on swap for AoE and tagging in events worked well for me. I swapped utilities when running around in open world (shadowstep, shadow refuge).

If you've got the expansions I've seen both daredevil and deadeye builds that use D/D but not sure how effective they are. That said, for open world and dungeons you don't really need to be pushing the boundries of DPS, so they would probably be fine. Builds are basically just swapping one of trait lines in the core thief build for the elite specialization and going from there.

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> D/D (power) is fine if not optimal in PvE (except soloing champion monsters - use P/P). It's only really downright terrible in PvP/WvW.

Pretty much this. D/D Power is pretty solid in PvE right now. Since most mobs can't hit you if you simply run tight circles around them, you can easily solo most champs, aside from the ones who have some AoE trick or Projectiles.

Anyhow, for general trash a quick CnD+Backstab should be enough to finish most mobs, and halve the HP if not outright kill Veterans depending on your build.