What has changed as a returning heart of thorns player ?

So i stopped playing a few months before path of fire and now i am trying to return to the game.

My ''best'' toon is lvl 80 full exotic gear with a few ascended trinkets..

Now that i am returning i wanna know what has changed "drastically", before i stopped playing i was aiming for ascended gear/legendarie weapon but i lost the hype.

Is Silverwastes still the ''best'' solo gold farm ?

Ascended gear is still "time gated" to farm ?

Legendary armor are still only obtainable by raiding ? When i was still playing in HoT i never found a raiding guild, that is one of the reasons that i stopped playing, couldn`t find a raid group also.

> @"Tryant.9027" said:

> Now that i am returning i wanna know what has changed "drastically", before i stopped playing i was aiming for ascended gear/legendarie weapon but i lost the hype.

> Is Silverwastes still the ''best'' solo gold farm ?

Solo? Probably still a solid choice. The meta event in LS4 E1 is considered an extremely good earner, though you want to try and read up on how, given the number of complaints people have that about not getting the return they expect. (I don't know what it is, have not really gotten into that meta.)

> Ascended gear is still "time gated" to farm ?

As it ever was. You can still buy the daily craft materials on the TP if you want, just as you could, but nothing has changed at all from when you were last here.

> Legendary armor are still only obtainable by raiding ? When i was still playing in HoT i never found a raiding guild, that is one of the reasons that i stopped playing, couldn`t find a raid group also.

I believe it is now available through WvW and PvP as well, though I'm unsure the details. A new legendary trinket exists, which I think is new, tied to LS3 "mastery" demonstrations.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Tryant.9027" said:

> > Now that i am returning i wanna know what has changed "drastically", before i stopped playing i was aiming for ascended gear/legendarie weapon but i lost the hype.

> > Is Silverwastes still the ''best'' solo gold farm ?

>

> Solo? Probably still a solid choice. The meta event in LS4 E1 is considered an extremely good earner, though you want to try and read up on how, given the number of complaints people have that about not getting the return they expect. (I don't know what it is, have not really gotten into that meta.)

>

> > Ascended gear is still "time gated" to farm ?

>

> As it ever was. You can still buy the daily craft materials on the TP if you want, just as you could, but nothing has changed at all from when you were last here.

>

> > Legendary armor are still only obtainable by raiding ? When i was still playing in HoT i never found a raiding guild, that is one of the reasons that i stopped playing, couldn`t find a raid group also.

>

> I believe it is now available through WvW and PvP as well, though I'm unsure the details. A new legendary trinket exists, which I think is new, tied to LS3 "mastery" demonstrations.

I see, thanks for the reply, if anyone can confirm the thing about legendary armor farming i would be grateful, it is not just about the look, the thing that let you change the item stats are incredibly useful.

> @"Tryant.9027" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > @"Tryant.9027" said:

> > > Now that i am returning i wanna know what has changed "drastically", before i stopped playing i was aiming for ascended gear/legendarie weapon but i lost the hype.

> > > Is Silverwastes still the ''best'' solo gold farm ?

> >

> > Solo? Probably still a solid choice. The meta event in LS4 E1 is considered an extremely good earner, though you want to try and read up on how, given the number of complaints people have that about not getting the return they expect. (I don't know what it is, have not really gotten into that meta.)

> >

> > > Ascended gear is still "time gated" to farm ?

> >

> > As it ever was. You can still buy the daily craft materials on the TP if you want, just as you could, but nothing has changed at all from when you were last here.

> >

> > > Legendary armor are still only obtainable by raiding ? When i was still playing in HoT i never found a raiding guild, that is one of the reasons that i stopped playing, couldn`t find a raid group also.

> >

> > I believe it is now available through WvW and PvP as well, though I'm unsure the details. A new legendary trinket exists, which I think is new, tied to LS3 "mastery" demonstrations.

>

> I see, thanks for the reply, if anyone can confirm the thing about legendary armor farming i would be grateful, it is not just about the look, the thing that let you change the item stats are incredibly useful.

I should have checked. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor gives you the gory details.

> @"Tryant.9027" said:

> So i stopped playing a few months before path of fire and now i am trying to return to the game.

>

> My ''best'' toon is lvl 80 full exotic gear with a few ascended trinkets..

>

> Now that i am returning i wanna know what has changed "drastically", before i stopped playing i was aiming for ascended gear/legendarie weapon but i lost the hype.

>

> Is Silverwastes still the ''best'' solo gold farm ?

>

> Ascended gear is still "time gated" to farm ?

>

> Legendary armor are still only obtainable by raiding ? When i was still playing in HoT i never found a raiding guild, that is one of the reasons that i stopped playing, couldn`t find a raid group also.

Honestly, unless you're doing fractals, you dont need ascended gear. I would say to focus on buying ascended accessories with laurels, but exotic armor from the TP (or make it if that is easier), and work on making, or buying legendary/ascended weapons.

There are a few avenues for legendary gear now, so you aren't pigeonholed into raiding.

Major changes, outside of elite specs, would be mounts. They were instantly useable in the core world, and are, arguably, the best implementation of mounts in any MMO to date. They are more useful than gliding ever thought of being, and one mount (after five collection achievements, and 250 gold) eliminates the need for the glider.