New Legendary Warhorn: Verdarach

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> It's not like any leg weapons must have both a comical version and a serious one, we have exemples of weapons who are both serious (axe, torch, dagger, staff, sword, hammer and now warhorn).

Depends on what the devs intended for the overall legendary weapons design - if they do have a plan for them or not. There are some that do seem to only have a "serious" style to them like the sword legendaries, but I'd imagine they want to give players more options and not just have one type. They may have a "comical" version of the sword some day.

I would consider Flames of War, Claw of Khan-Ur, and Verdarach to be the more exaggerated versions of those legendary weps. Bifrost would be the more colorful/playful version of the staff whereas Nevermore is the more spiritual/serious version.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > > @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> > > > > > @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > As some players have pointed out before, the designers have a pattern of doing both a "serious" and "comical" version of each legendary weapon. The Howler was the serious one. This is the comical/exaggerated one. I think they did a wonderful job on both. There are plenty of scaled-to-char skins in the game. It's nice to have something special like this that actually meets the term "_LEGENDARY_".

> > > > >

> > > > > Anet said that they are not all going to be in that way... some weren't like for example an axe and such.. but imo none of them should be a joke. They're spending money and time to make legendaries and majority will not use them because they are a joke. You don't see many Shooshadoos, and I have yet to see someone using HMS Divinity, but you see tons of Nevermores and Chukas and HOPEs, because they're on a more "serious" side and that's what majority wants.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not sure if Anet confirmed that. If so, I'd need to see a source to clarify. You could argue that Frostfang is the comical one - having a giant dragon mouth that chatters and such, but really it's all based on opinion. The idea of having both a "serious" and "comical" version of a legendary weapon was probably meant to give players more choice.

> > > >

> > > > There are plenty of players that prefer the more comical, over-the-top, lighter-tone legendaries. I would never assume that the "majority" of players prefer the serious-styled legendaries and neither of us has any definitive proof that would confirm or deny that.

> > > >

> > > > If the money and time was not worth making comical legendaries, then why are they still making them? It's all relative. I've seen quite a few Shooshadoos (that name... XD) but I rarely ever see Chukas, whereas you have seen fewer Shooshadoos and more Chukas. Best to let different players enjoy different things instead of excluding or putting down what others enjoy.

> > >

> > > So which dagger is the comical one?

> >

> > Probably the one that leaves mud footprints and an orange-tinged, fuming aura around you. Those colorful gems and ghostly children also separate it from the mechanical, straightforward design of the Incinerator.

>

> I would say the incinerator is the comical one its a friggin blow torch more akin to a torch then a dagger.

It certainly can be. Each player can decide what's comical, serious, or another style to them as they choose. Maybe Shooshadoo or HMS Divinity are "serious" legendaries for some.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Ruine Cruelle.8976" said:

> > Verdarach = anagram of "cadaver" with a "h" which got lost in it somehow ?

>

> Anagram seems unlikely

> * Crave Hard

> * Chard Aver

> * Aved Charr (a bird cat?)

> * Arc Had Rev (DPS meters agree: Rev isn't meta?)

> * Car Had Rev

>

>

Maybe it's related to green and/or spider? Can't see why, though.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Obviously the Legendaries are going to escalate in size from now on. The Longbow is going to be a mobile Ballista we wield like a bdass and it ends with a Greatsword large enough to be featured in a World of Warcraft cinematic cutscene

Good idea considering that GW2's Longbows are too small so bigger ones would just be normal size.

![](http://i.imgur.com/CutTDBH.jpg "")

> @"MetalGirl.2370" said:

> > @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

>

> > Its translucent, why would you expect it to be heavy. I understand the point, not a fan of a weapons that bigger than my toon, but first impression was it was ghostly and if you look at the image you can see the player's pant's thru it.

>

> no it isn't, go look at the trailer. it's ghostly at first and then it turns solid.

Will have to do so, was working off the still provided but maybe it was grabbed while just being drawn. lol, course also wonder if Dulfy wont have it up on the site here shortly so that we can see it on a toon.

> @"Cyrin.1035" said:

> Now that is a legendary. The bigger... the better ;)

IMHO, "The bigger the better!" is a motto for people with poor taste. That thing is yet another fail in the line of objects designed within the past two years that have me question ANet's choice of skin designers for GW2. There are rarely tasteful new skins anymore. :/

> @"Sindariel.2354" said:

> Pfff... THAT'S a warhorn:

LOL! Indeed. ;)

> @"Doggie.3184" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Obviously the Legendaries are going to escalate in size from now on. The Longbow is going to be a mobile Ballista we wield like a bdass and it ends with a Greatsword large enough to be featured in a World of Warcraft cinematic cutscene

>

> Good idea considering that GW2's Longbows are too small so bigger ones would just be normal size.

> ![](http://i.imgur.com/CutTDBH.jpg "m")

>

Oh, so you want to be anchored in place each time you shoot and have an awful long draw animation?

Because that's what you get when you use the bow in your pic.

That's more like it:

![](http://pre00.deviantart.net/8984/th/pre/f/2013/178/2/0/14th_century__english_longbow_man__by_stazjohnson-d6ayc2o.jpg "")

Anyhow, slightly bigger bows (and slightly less ridiculous GSs at that) wouldn't kill the game for sure.