More disconnection issues.

I'm honestly about to the stop playing this game.

Over the last fortnight I have been unable to play it because I keep getting booted from the game due to "connection issues" or I "lost connection to the server". Every time I log back in I get cut off within minutes (today - 3 times in the span of 10mins). With all the ridiculous money made from this game, this should have been fixed years ago because from looking at other forums, that's how long this issue has been around for people. I saw another forum from Gaile Gray stating they have taken a look at the crash logs in order to find possible sources for the problem and they think the issues are related to "anti-virus software produced by Lavasoft called Web Companion. Specifically, an element in that product’s DLL is not allowing Guild Wars 2 players to update their games."

I have updated my game twice this fortnight successfully, I don't have Lavasoft Web Companion (unless that is a product within the game itself, I don't actually know) and I have top internet connection. So why is this still happening? From before, I said years... not the first time this has happened obviously and I'm starting to doubt it will be the last.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? No Lavasoft - Web Companion and still being kicked constantly?

> @"ChelsingtonNyaka.6037" said:

> I'm honestly about to the stop playing this game.

>

> Over the last fortnight I have been unable to play it because I keep getting booted from the game due to "connection issues" or I "lost connection to the server". Every time I log back in I get cut off within minutes (today - 3 times in the span of 10mins). With all the ridiculous money made from this game, this should have been fixed years ago because from looking at other forums, that's how long this issue has been around for people. I saw another forum from Gaile Gray stating they have taken a look at the crash logs in order to find possible sources for the problem and they think the issues are related to "anti-virus software produced by Lavasoft called Web Companion. Specifically, an element in that product’s DLL is not allowing Guild Wars 2 players to update their games."

>

> I have updated my game twice this fortnight successfully, I don't have Lavasoft Web Companion (unless that is a product within the game itself, I don't actually know) and I have top internet connection. So why is this still happening? From before, I said years... not the first time this has happened obviously and I'm starting to doubt it will be the last.

>

> Is anyone else in the same boat as me? No Lavasoft - Web Companion and still being kicked constantly?

That Sticky is referring to the issue some players had/have with updating their game; nothing to do with disconnections. LavaSoft is an ad-blocker.

For more information about why you are disconnecting, you can peruse the Knowledge Base (Support link above/below) for 'Disconnection Issues'.

You can use a program like PingPlotter to find out where the disconnection issues lie.

You can use a VPN to avoid disconnection trouble areas.

You can contact the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

Same issue here.

I keep getting kicked out of the game and with the new living story release coming up this is the last thing I want.

All my other games are working perfectly and it's just GW2, which i've already tried reinstalling, repairing, deactivating my firewall for a bit to test,....

the weirdest thing is that it works fine on my boyfriends desktop pc both on his account and mine, but somehow on my laptop i get nada.