Agony Cap

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > If you want Valk with more precision, why not take Marauder instead?

> > > I run full ascended Marauder on my perma-fury Warrior and have around 96% crit chance with precision sigil on my weapon and signet of fury in my skillbar.

> >

> > Full Marauder will lose out on some power versus berserker so you are sacrificing damage overall. Personally I don't think this is a deal breaker and I can sympathize with people using their WvW gear in fractals, just pointing out the damage detail.

>

> On the paper, I lose some DPS.

> Yet it is me bursting down those bosses and ressing the whole team after all the berzerker-users got one-shot.

> So I'd say it depends on more variables than just my stat selection. Full DPS is not always the best approach when the only damage which is maximized comes from your downed skills =)

Sure, this now depends on which skill level of player we are looking at. Then again if you are good enough to not ever get downed as group I'd assume you are also good enough to run a proper rotation for good damage. As I said, not a deal breaker.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > > If you want Valk with more precision, why not take Marauder instead?

> > > > I run full ascended Marauder on my perma-fury Warrior and have around 96% crit chance with precision sigil on my weapon and signet of fury in my skillbar.

> > >

> > > Full Marauder will lose out on some power versus berserker so you are sacrificing damage overall. Personally I don't think this is a deal breaker and I can sympathize with people using their WvW gear in fractals, just pointing out the damage detail.

> >

> > On the paper, I lose some DPS.

> > Yet it is me bursting down those bosses and ressing the whole team after all the berzerker-users got one-shot.

> > So I'd say it depends on more variables than just my stat selection. Full DPS is not always the best approach when the only damage which is maximized comes from your downed skills =)

>

> Sure, this now depends on which skill level of player we are looking at. Then again if you are good enough to not ever get downed as group I'd assume you are also good enough to run a proper rotation for good damage. As I said, not a deal breaker.

Then you're one of the few ;) All that "Be zerker or be booted" hate made me stick to T1 and T2.

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > If you want Valk with more precision, why not take Marauder instead?

> > > I run full ascended Marauder on my perma-fury Warrior and have around 96% crit chance with precision sigil on my weapon and signet of fury in my skillbar.

> >

> > Full Marauder will lose out on some power versus berserker so you are sacrificing damage overall. Personally I don't think this is a deal breaker and I can sympathize with people using their WvW gear in fractals, just pointing out the damage detail.

>

> On the paper, I lose some DPS.

> Yet it is me bursting down those bosses and ressing the whole team after all the berzerker-users got one-shot.

> So I'd say it depends on more variables than just my stat selection. Full DPS is not always the best approach when the only damage which is maximized comes from your downed skills =)

Ye ye. Been there, done that. But eventually you move up to parties that don't spend half the fight hugging the floor and the extra vit becomes useless. Literally. Then you've sacrificed *two* damage stats - Power and Ferocity - and gained nothing. Sure, Marauder comes with extra precision to offset a bit of that, but here's the catch - in a meta party you're capped on crit chance anyway in full zerk, so you get no compensation whatsoever for the loss of power and ferocity.

Of course, the losses won't be *that* big. You can still clear fractals with this. It's just... not needed.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > > > If you want Valk with more precision, why not take Marauder instead?

> > > > I run full ascended Marauder on my perma-fury Warrior and have around 96% crit chance with precision sigil on my weapon and signet of fury in my skillbar.

> > >

> > > Full Marauder will lose out on some power versus berserker so you are sacrificing damage overall. Personally I don't think this is a deal breaker and I can sympathize with people using their WvW gear in fractals, just pointing out the damage detail.

> >

> > On the paper, I lose some DPS.

> > Yet it is me bursting down those bosses and ressing the whole team after all the berzerker-users got one-shot.

> > So I'd say it depends on more variables than just my stat selection. Full DPS is not always the best approach when the only damage which is maximized comes from your downed skills =)

>

> Ye ye. Been there, done that. But eventually you move up to parties that don't spend half the fight hugging the floor and the extra vit becomes useless. Literally. Then you've sacrificed *two* damage stats - Power and Ferocity - and gained nothing. Sure, Marauder comes with extra precision to offset a bit of that, but here's the catch - in a meta party you're capped on crit chance anyway in full zerk, so you get no compensation whatsoever for the loss of power and ferocity.

>

> Of course, the losses won't be *that* big. You can still clear fractals with this. It's just... not needed.

Nice explanation! Never looked at it from that angle...

Perhaps, I'll move on to zerker sometime.

For the time being, it just serves me perfectly to run with Marauder.

Then again, I am very casual =)