That "Doh!" Moment

Grin. This happened recently. I was in Dry Top when i came across an event. I joined in and, well, visibility was very poor. I started attacking what I thought everybody else was attacking. When the event was over, to my dismay, I found I had been attacking a very dark, very creepy looking, very large, warrior.

He/she must of thought I was crazy..or had one too many beers.

Lisa-still red faced.

> @"Julischka Bean.7491" said:

> Grin. This happened recently. I was in Dry Top when i came across an event. I joined in and, well, visibility was very poor. I started attacking what I thought everybody else was attacking. When the event was over, to my dismay, I found I had been attacking a very dark, very creepy looking, very large, warrior.

>

> He/she must of thought I was crazy..or had one too many beers.

>

> Lisa-still red faced.

You should have told him, “You betwitched me, you evil magpie! You're not a dragon!” Then left.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> They're usually pretty understanding about these kinds of things. Just be prepared to wait a couple of weeks for a response due to the backlog of tickets.

I was looking at the picture (which looks the same) instead of the writing so as soon as I purchased it and looked at it I was like "WTH!" I will start working on my WvW legendary armor and so I have 3 weeks before I can upgrade anyways. Hopefully it gets resolved before then. Just wanted to run some fractals with this armor set but now i have to wait longer. Sigh.....

> @"thenachobro.5401" said:

> When you finally have the final skirmish tickets you need to buy and finish the Ascended Triumphant Hero's Brigandine Armor and instead you buy the exotic! Punched myself in the head a few times over this! Now hoping Customer Support can correct my dumb mistake!

OMG this just happened to me a few minutes ago.. and the irony is I was thinking about you as I had read this post earlier, now I went and did the same thing. At least it was only one piece of exotic that I bought, but I used all my skirmish tickets to buy the Legendary War Insight as well as the armor piece. Oh well, I've put a ticket in to anet. I am sure they will be generous and refund out tickets .... Grah!!!! I feel like such an idiot!!!!! :)