Leather Armor Appearance..

I know this is mostly a non issue for people, but seriously, why is *most* leather armor in this game bulky and ugly? A lot of the light and heavy armor looks good, and Im sure there are one or two leather gears that look good, but overall its awful. Most of it looks like a homeless person found some thrown out quilts and added buttons to it. Leather armor goes on thieves, rangers, generally fast movers. Why the heck is the armor bulky? It should be sleek, hooded, tight. I remember when I played thief way back I was more hopeful the armor would get better, but the best ended up being a long coat. Can we get some replacement and better looking gear for leather classes? Only thing appealing on occasion is the masks.

You know, ive always wondered why youd want tight clothing in a game like this? You dont wear skin tight clothing when you are going hunting so far as i know. My dad and grandad always wear loose fighting jeans and tshirts. For rogues i guess it makes sense, less baggy clothes = less sound..but if you cant have full moveability thats not good either.

Theres also a few armor sets that have no trenchcoat, i cant think of the names off the top of my head cause they look awful on Charr, at least i think so.

Hunting with a gun is a bit different than say, archery. Most people I know may use tshirts in that, but they wouldnt use a long or big bulky outfit. Im not saying it has to be skin tight.. but when it comes to an assassin, moving around quickly, they couldnt in the larger clothing. Same goes for fighting, whats generally one of the first things people do before getting in a fight? They remove their jackets, more mobility. It makes sense for engineers to have it, but not archers/assassins that move around a lot. -Edit, and also it just looks bad in comparison to other gear, in my opinion at least. I dont think I've ever envied any leather gear i see in game. The only one Ive liked that Ive seen is in the character creation for human assassin, because its at least fitting.

> @"deadsyeren.9583" said:

> Hunting with a gun is a bit different than say, archery. Most people I know may use tshirts in that, but they wouldnt use a long or big bulky outfit. Im not saying it has to be skin tight.. but when it comes to an assassin, moving around quickly, they couldnt in the larger clothing. Same goes for fighting, whats generally one of the first things people do before getting in a fight? They remove their jackets, more mobility. It makes sense for engineers to have it, but not archers/assassins that move around a lot.

And just as often they do not remove their jackets when hunting with bows. Ive seen both people removing and not removing heavy winter jackets while hunting, both with bows and rifles, just depends on the person.

I dunno about you but a trained person can move quickly *and* quietly in decently heavy clothing, it may be hot for them to do it, but they can.

another side to people in fights is that alot of the people who do remove their clothes are the ones who are more rash, and from what ive seen on the web, they get knocked out pretty quick(obviously clothing doesnt mean anything here.). And when it comes to trained martial artists, ghees(spelling i know) are loose fitting and kinda baggy to allow for freedom of movement.

Eh well when my friends do archery they dont wear coats so idk.. They generally wear shirts/jeans. Winter, obviously is winter so Im sure outfits change, but they wouldnt wear that stuff in summer/spring. Maybe a very trained assassin could do ok in bulky leather jackets, but would they? It limits mobility, and is generally not that comfortable, so I highly doubt it. If they want to keep bulky clothing to an extent, fine, but tbh it could look so much better. I love collecting wardrobe stuff on Heavy and Light armor, but Medium I wont even make a new class for, and deleted my old one. Assassins creed is an example of some bulk armor that can look good, and thats why I say one or two of the coats they did in GW2 looks good. The majority though looks awful in comparison to other classes.

> Eh well when my friends do archery they dont wear coats so idk.. They generally wear shirts/jeans. Winter, obviously is winter so Im sure outfits change, but they wouldnt wear that stuff in summer/spring. Maybe a very trained assassin could do ok in bulky leather jackets, but would they? It limits mobility, and is generally not that comfortable, so I highly doubt it. If they want to keep bulky clothing to an extent, fine, but tbh it could look so much better. I love collecting wardrobe stuff on Heavy and Light armor, but Medium I wont even make a new class for, and deleted my old one. Assassins creed is an example of some bulk armor that can look good, and thats why I say one or two of the coats they did in GW2 looks good. The majority though looks awful in comparison to other classes.

Well if you have a Sylvari,human or norn female character there is always the legendary armor (which looks like light armor and is basically a bikini when not in combat and a bikini with a huge skirt when in combat.... I just wish they had a nice middle ground for medium armor between barely covers anything and the trench-coat.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"deadsyeren.9583" said:

> > Hunting with a gun is a bit different than say, archery. Most people I know may use tshirts in that, but they wouldnt use a long or big bulky outfit. Im not saying it has to be skin tight.. but when it comes to an assassin, moving around quickly, they couldnt in the larger clothing. Same goes for fighting, whats generally one of the first things people do before getting in a fight? They remove their jackets, more mobility. It makes sense for engineers to have it, but not archers/assassins that move around a lot.

>

> And just as often they do not remove their jackets when hunting with bows. Ive seen both people removing and not removing heavy winter jackets while hunting, both with bows and rifles, just depends on the person.

>

> I dunno about you but a trained person can move quickly *and* quietly in decently heavy clothing, it may be hot for them to do it, but they can.

>

> another side to people in fights is that alot of the people who do remove their clothes are the ones who are more rash, and from what ive seen on the web, they get knocked out pretty quick(obviously clothing doesnt mean anything here.). And when it comes to trained martial artists, ghees(spelling i know) are loose fitting and kinda baggy to allow for freedom of movement.

>

You don't necessarily want loose clothing, you want forgiving clothing. Yoga, a form of exercise centered around movement and stretching, uses tight fit, stretchy clothing. Hunting gear from cabela's or bass pro is fitted with extra give.

All that said, this game is not based around reality. There isn't a need to compare magic to reality, or look for logic in whimsy.

> Leather armor goes on thieves, rangers, generally fast movers. Why the heck is the armor bulky?

While I agree that most of it does look awful (unlike in GW1 where you had more nice options to choose from), there are still a few combinations that should meet your requirements:

![](https://i.imgur.com/dJHZHrq.jpg "")