Daily crafting quests.

> @"paShadoWn.5723" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > What would you get from a daily crafting quest involving those specific t1 mats?

> A writ of crafting experience, karma bottle and few random rare mats.

> Also, it could require random tier not only t1.

But the mats beyond t1 are pretty much all in demand already, since they are used in crafting endgame equipment. With a very few exceptions, no material beyond t1 is in need of another sink.

> @"paShadoWn.5723" said:

> Well, it could be just the quest for the kitten of it, like the whole game.

But that would put further pressure on low-tier crafting mats, which tiers 2-4 don't really need. They would either become even more expensive, or people would just not do the crafting quests when those materials are needed.

Scan the market for underperforming and vendor-trash items. Then target recipes that use those materials via daily crafting quests.

Rewards would have to be things that are long-term to acquire (minis, skins) and/or temporary bonuses (magic find, WvW/PvP track XP, crafting XP, etc).

Though, I'd rather it be more market-related than crafting specifically. That way it limits the impact of other items. And have it rotate daily.

Thematically, it could be Lion's Arch taking collections to help Amnoon or Amnoon/Lion's Arch engaging in trade. It might even justify two different sets of rewards depending on which side is chosen.

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> Rewards would have to be things that are long-term to acquire (minis, skins) and/or temporary bonuses (magic find, WvW/PvP track XP, crafting XP, etc).

Unique rewards would put (real or imaginary) pressure on people to do these daily quests as to not loose out on things they offer. That's kind of contrary to the way ANet has handled things with other dailies, most of which offer nothing but a small bonus of stuff that could easily be gathered another way, too.

I know a lot of other games that try to lure people into playing daily by gating exclusive rewards behind dailies, but GW2 so far has been going the oposite direction, and personally I find this design philosophy to be one of the things that hold me in this game compared to other games.

I don't really care if they put in more daily quests or not, and am already ignoring most of the ones we have (and a lot of them between living world maps, daily crafting, gathering rich nodes, fractals, and more). Seeing how you're unlikely to gain exclusive rewards from new dailies, why not just make up your own daily challenges if that is what you are currently missing in this game? You could even start a forum thread looking for like-minded players, to get a partner that challenges you each day if making up your own isn't enough incentive.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > Rewards would have to be things that are long-term to acquire (minis, skins) and/or temporary bonuses (magic find, WvW/PvP track XP, crafting XP, etc).

> Unique rewards would put (real or imaginary) pressure on people to do these daily quests as to not loose out on things they offer. That's kind of contrary to the way ANet has handled things with other dailies, most of which offer nothing but a small bonus of stuff that could easily be gathered another way, too.

>

> I know a lot of other games that try to lure people into playing daily by gating exclusive rewards behind dailies, but GW2 so far has been going the oposite direction, and personally I find this design philosophy to be one of the things that hold me in this game compared to other games.

>

> I don't really care if they put in more daily quests or not, and am already ignoring most of the ones we have (and a lot of them between living world maps, daily crafting, gathering rich nodes, fractals, and more).

Some fairly good points.

There'd have to be some kind of return in order to get players to cash in those materials, though. Even if it's just temporary benefits or things that give a bonus chance at loot or one-time boosts of track progression, we'd have *some* kind of sink for these otherwise useless materials without generating a huge "need" for them or requiring daily participation while still encouraging it.

And I'd be okay with this being a vector to loop already existing things into its reward structure. For example:

Out of the lowest 10 crafting materials, the system picks 3 at random. Players can turn in 50 (or 100?) of one item, once per day, to earn trade tokens.

In this example: Tiny Venom Sacs, Bay Leaves, and Silver Ore. The player turns in the requested Silver Ore and earns the token. (Or maybe allow once/day from each one of the set. Just spitballin' this.)

Tokens can then be traded for:

1:1 Random loot bag (Magic-infused thing, i'unno, something heavily RNG)

2:1 Provisioner Token

7:1 Amalgamated Gemstone

5:1 Mystic Clover

1:3 Obsidian Shard

1:1 Crystalline Ore

1:1 WvW Barrel

1:1 WvW track progress vial

1:1 PvP track progress vial

3:1 RNG material bundles: Choose a type (cloth, trophy, etc) or Tier (T3, T4...) and get 10-20 random bits from that group.

1:1 +20% Magic Find Booster

2:1 30 min food extender (PvE/Raid, maaaybe WvW?)

And so on. Again, ratios are exemplary and spitballing for concept. Point is to make some of the absurd-to-acquire items less absurd while raising the value of vendor-floor items that are struggling for relevance.