2 Step Authentication removal/ account suspended from making a support ticket.

Hi friends,

I have already submitted a support ticket anonymously but I also wanted to make a post here for extra clarity. I recently upgraded my phone and in the process of setting up the new one and wiping the old one, I forgot to remove 2 step verification from my GW2 account. I have had a previous issue over a year and a half ago where my account was hacked and it was this huge back and forth with the person who had my details and me trying get ahold of the account. I eventually did regain control of my account, everything was reset and fine. Here is the original Reddit thread I posted about it:

I believe through all that mess, I have been suspended (permanently) from making a support ticket. **I feel that since that is how my account was taken in the first place that I won't receive it back**. Despite how much I do not play anymore this game has an immense amount of sentimental value to me. I have met numerous amounts of friends who have become a real-life support system. I have met my now husband who I've been married to for over a year! I have spent more money than I am willing to admit to myself and anyone else and my game is pre-launch, my characters are 5 years old and it would be very sad to close this chapter of my life due to something negligent on my part.

Is there any hope? I currently still do have access in game, as long as my IP doesn't change through updating or a power flash. But even if it makes it to the end of the year, I am moving so it would be a lost account, which considering all that I have put into it would be very sad.

Thanks for reading

-Mysticalkitty

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If you submitted a Support Ticket anonymously, you aren't banned from making a Support Ticket. The CS Team will assist you regardless of the manner in which you submit the ticket.

I had to use a different email address from the one my account is associated with because I kept receiving the notification "this account is suspended". Which my actual account is not suspended, I am able to login in and play freely.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If you submitted a Support Ticket anonymously, you aren't banned from making a Support Ticket. The CS Team will assist you regardless of the manner in which you submit the ticket.

This. The absolutely most that happened was that ANet instantly locked the account fully, so that no further harm can occur, and will then investigate and resolve this in line with their normal policies -- which usually means "first in, first out", though I suspect there is a priority queue so that account compromise is not in the same bucket as "I accidentally deleted my widget, halp!"

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > If you submitted a Support Ticket anonymously, you aren't banned from making a Support Ticket. The CS Team will assist you regardless of the manner in which you submit the ticket.

>

> This. The absolutely most that happened was that ANet instantly locked the account fully, so that no further harm can occur, and will then investigate and resolve this in line with their normal policies -- which usually means "first in, first out", though I suspect there is a priority queue so that account compromise is not in the same bucket as "I accidentally deleted my widget, halp!"

Yeah thank you, I'm just worried is all! It would be a huge shame to lose the account. Thanks for the response.