PoF - Payment Authorization Failed

Since support moves slowly, maybe somebody here knows what to do.

I've been trying to buy Path of Fire since the expansion launched. Been a long-time GW and GW2 player, never had a problem purchasing previous content. But no matter what methods I try or when I make the attempt, the shop always returns the "Payment Authorization Failed". Tried to purchase in game, with two different cards, with paypal, via the online shop, contacted my bank, put in a support ticket... the whole nine yards. Literally nothing works. The problem is persistent both on my account and my wife's account. I had a ticket for this months ago and the best Support could tell me was "maybe try buying it in-game". And they took so long to reply to me that I missed out on all the great pre-launch additions I had wanted to buy. I eventually just rage quit and hoped that maybe time would fix it, but evidently it hasn't because somehow I STILL cannot purchase the expansion.

I've seen a few other threads with this problem, that were solved by fixing credit card information. But so far as I can tell I have no saved cards, no information that is incorrect nor anywhere that I could go to check to see if there is any further information that needs to be changed. And Support has barely even tried to help me. They claim they couldn't even see a purchase attempt ever being made (which is what my bank said too). Anybody have any idea what to do?

Clearing the game cache is the only thing I haven't tried yet. Thank you for that insight, I'll give it a shot.

As stated, I've already tried submitting a ticket. Didn't help nine months ago. Certainly isn't helping now since they apparently have weeks of backlog.

Unless contacting Billing/Payment is a separate ticket submission? If so I haven't seen it. Following the path you mentioned seems to only lead to ordinary ticket submission.