Which profession fits my playstyle?

nutesewell.1968

Not sure if I should put this here or in Players Helping Players.

But, I am a new-ish player trying to decide on a profession. I want a mobile profession that I can start combat from range, close distance quickly, and melee down. That’s over-simplifying it, but generally how I like to play. Good AOE would be a plus too.

Thanks for any advice!

Yes you'll love rangers new elite spec too soulbeast, core ranger is a good spec to play in the begining but but ranger really shines in pvp (has a low skill floor to be okay but a high skill ceiling when you get into the nit and gritty of combos and manageung your pet). Right now it has alot of flexibility and greatsword is the shit.

What game type are you focused on?

> @"nutesewell.1968" said:

> Not sure if I should put this here or in Players Helping Players.

>

> But, I am a new-ish player trying to decide on a profession. I want a mobile profession that I can start combat from range, close distance quickly, and melee down. That’s over-simplifying it, but generally how I like to play. Good AOE would be a plus too.

>

> Thanks for any advice!

Any idea what game modes you will be playing?

Engineer has grenades kit, which is like a weapon set in utilities, you could even camp that, or as you get close switch to main weapon. Later you could even use Holosmith which has a semi ranged pistol burst and even again static discharge build which tosses electric sparks ranged. The nades are also AOE.